Pictures of aftermarket trans cooler set ups?

meatball

I'm looking for some ideas , I'm removing my stock exchanger to make room for my compounds. I have a derale cooler on the way . Just wondering where you guys usually put them and how the plumbings ran .

I put a double cooler with fan under the bed and a single in the front of my 12v. Ran my lines front of trans to the single cooler then to the rear cooler then into back of trans

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:
I was thinking of that route . I have an ex cab so it's a stretch to the bed . I wanna streer clear of the exhaust and on the other side I have my air dog and all the fuel line . The cooler I have coming is derale pn 15900

I put a double cooler with fan under the bed and a single in the front of my 12v. Ran my lines front of trans to the single cooler then to the rear cooler then into back of trans

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

^^This!

I am running the stock cooler up front with a second, fan cooled one under the truck. My lines are ran the same way, trans temp has never exceeded 165* now.

6023880130_33b5bbb34f.jpg

A derale on each side, with a y-fitting in the line to allow for parallel flow...does not work as well as I wanted it to. Fans are set as 'pushers' and mounted between bedside and the sheetmetal mount, but I don't think there's enough air gap behind them to get the necessary airflow.

You could just relocate the factory exchanger. A far cheaper option and from what I have read the factory exchanger works very well (never ran without it so no comment as to that).

These did away with the one in the front and the heat exchanger.

Attachments

• pics 822.jpg
    pics 822.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 0
I have a stacked plate cooler mounted in the factory location I run electric fans have grossed 32k with no problems in traffic I will see 180 degree temps, on the road 140 degree or less

Looks good.

What brand and p/n are those?

Dimensions of the setup?

Where did you mount them?

Thanks, they are Derale 15800's with -8 stainless braided lines. I mounted them where the spare was and put the tire in the bed. I'm sure you could put them elsewhere though, with some ingenuity. I don't have a temp gauge, but know of other people with this setup and the temps were not of any concern drag racing, pulling, traffic, etc.

I also used derale coolers like mentioned above, I'll be mounting mine in the bed, I made some triangular pieces to mount them to. Here's what I came up with, but I haven't got around to putting them in the truck.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370988191.560921.jpg

Here's mine. It run's hotter than I like in town out of lockup. I'm gonna add another cooler somewhere, either another one of these where the spare is (put both back there like kleann) or run one up front. By the way the little temp switches are a pos. Temp gauge was reading 210 and it still hadn't turned on, she's on keyed power now. I made the male spade connector pretty fast to get it turned on :lolly: Probably better that way anyhow.

DSC01350_zpsabeae210.jpg

DSC01351_zps4ce076d5.jpg

I'll probably wire it to a toggle I would rather be in control then rely on a temp switch . Thanks for the pictures it gives me a good idea of where I'm gonna put the cooler . I guess if things start to get hot I'll have to add a second one.

I'll probably wire it to a toggle I would rather be in control then rely on a temp switch . Thanks for the pictures it gives me a good idea of where I'm gonna put the cooler . I guess if things start to get hot I'll have to add a second one.

I put the temp switch in my line but ended up just wiring it to the headlight switch.