Post your Badazz 160 pump timeslips...

Ddp3, 0 plate, 4k springs, 181 dv, 22* timing. And I have a decent tranny in the truck.

Managed to cut a 1.96 60' time with this setup.

The 18cm housing helps with EGT's... but I would imagine it was still pritty hot. (no gauge) Actually, after many passes, & a bunch of street play, the turbo & stock manifold were still in great shape when removed.

So I take it the lag wasent to bad on that 18 housing? I have been thinking about getting the same size housing and seeing how It worked out.

So I take it the lag wasent to bad on that 18 housing? I have been thinking about getting the same size housing and seeing how It worked out.

The difference in spool between the 12 & the 18 housings on the hx35 is very little. WOT performance was noticeably improved.
I even tried a 21 housing, but it was pritty lazy, & no better than the 18 at WOT.

The difference in spool between the 12 & the 18 housings on the hx35 is very little. WOT performance was noticeably improved.
I even tried a 21 housing, but it was pritty lazy, & no better than the 18 at WOT.

Right on. May have to give it a try. Thanks for the answers

Ddp3, 0 plate, 4k springs, 181 dv, 22* timing. And I have a decent tranny in the truck.

Managed to cut a 1.96 60' time with this setup.

how is the low end with the timing at 22 compared to the norm

Well when I bought my truck it already had 19* of timing in it. So comparing 19* to 22* I can notice a little bit of power loss but the stock turbo I think helps that out bcause it lights so fast.

Well when I bought my truck it already had 19* of timing in it. So comparing 19* to 22* I can notice a little bit of power loss but the stock turbo I think helps that out bcause it lights so fast.

Could that be because your further out of the piston bowl at 22 then 19...??

There is a good chance of that. But even tho I know it runs better up top. I'm hoping when I get another set of injector, that going to a 145* spray angle will help the problem some.

Last edited:
Best time so far with my phat hip truck is a 14.9 at 93 mph. My 60' time is a 2.2 to a 2.4. I need more traction.

what twins? I would bet you should be into the high 12's at least, if you have a reg cab.

Haven't been on here in awhile.

Bought this setup from a friend who got it from the guy who originally built it. It's an hx40/35 non w/g'd exhaust housing, tial external w/g, both feeding into an ht3b, mounted on a custom micro coated (jet hot basically) stainless steel header. Outlet flange on the 3b is 4", but my downpipe flares out to 5" immediately after the v band clamp. I could hit 50psi with almost half throttle, then I started blowing the stock i/c boots off. Just put some bd boots and clamps on yesterday, so I hope they will stay on.

I know it was capable of a 14.5 with the hx35, so I hope with twins I'll be in the low 13's or high 12's.

Here's some pictures. Hope nobody gets angry with pics, since this wasn't a thread for pictures.

From stock...

IMG_0408.jpg

To what it looks like today!

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0209-1.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

It's still a work in progress, but it's getting there

You may want to move the computer wires and take out the insulation. The twin setup looks pretty cool.

You may want to move the computer wires and take out the insulation. The twin setup looks pretty cool.

I like to try and keep everything as stock as possible when it comes to electrical stuff. I thought about taking the insulation out, but my truck is so much quieter and comfortable to ride in than some other trucks I've been in, so I left it how it is

Thanks for the compliment btw! It sounds friggin sweet through 5" straight pipe. I was surprised how quiet the twins are, but my exhaust points down to the ground over the axle, so that has something to do with it too.

I ran a a 14.9@87mph right before winter. Still running an unmodified set of 215 injectors. Truck also has a Dana 80, Traction bars, and at least 200lbs of tools, chains, and boomers in the tool box. This was on the HE351cw. Converter was locking at the end of 3rd gear.

With some injectors, a rack plug, and a little more timing, I would think low 14's would be attainable.

Eric

Should also mention that I was at 18* timing with my 14.9. Now I'm at 26 1/4* advanced. 12's here I come!

where did you get that header?

last year i ran once and cracked a 14.2 ... 90 mph.... 4.10s maxxis mudders, hybrid 35/40, 4k GSK..... im going for 12s this year with a 68mm and a manualmatic trans... maybe high 11's... we are shooting for 850hp

The header was completely custom built. The guy saw what he wanted in his head and started cutting and welding. As far as I know, he only built one other set up like it, but don't quote me on that

Back