Power Torque ATF - Shift kit in a bottle!

Big Blue24

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I've been home-brewing Auto Tranny Fluid for my personal trucks for quite a few years. I've never liked the super-slippery OEM fluids like ATF+4 which are great for grandpa smooth shifts, not so great for high HP tranny life or firm shifts on a race truck.

Several years back my good friend Jamar had a low 13 second 2003 Dodge Cummins 2wd that started to have slipping tranny issues with the original 48re transmission. His ET's had dropped to the low 15 second range due to the almost gone slipping stock tranny. One Friday before a midnight mayhem street legal drag racing night, we changed out the stock ATF +4 fluid and refilled it with my home-brew transmission fluid. We both were dumbfounded when his truck went right back to running low 13's with little to no tranny slippage. Jamar limped the hurt/bandaided tranny along for a few more months before he went in for a full rebuild and upgraded the 48re transmission. That was the first real-world test of how much better a transmission will perform with the non-OEM fluid.

Several years have gone by and we've been slowly tweaking the transmission fluid to make it better and better. Power Torque ATF is Power Driven's finished product and is truly the best transmission fluid on the market for performance transmissions or stock transmissions that need a little firmer shift or more torque capacity for that hot tune or programmer.

So why the title of the post; this fluid is like a shift kit in a bottle. It's been professionally formulated and balanced by chemists and oil engineers and bottled for distribution.

I'd like this thread to be a place for forum members to share their fluid preferences/experiences with custom transmission fluid in their Dodge 48re's, Ford 5r110's, Allison A-1000's etc. So post up what you use in your built or stock transmission and if you try Power Torque ATF, post up your results.

We plan to dyno a bone stock 12 valve automatic with OEM ATF+4 and add power till it slips and flatlines the torque output. We will then simply change the fluid in the tranny to Power Torque ATF and re-dyno. We're hoping to see a 20% increase in torque capacity from the fluid alone, it might be ambitious but it will be fun to see!!!

ATF-Front-Label-1.png

eDSC_0939-e1445987045440.jpg

ATF-Back-Label-1.png

If you'd like to try Power Torque ATF at a discounted price, use promotion code OIL20 to save 20% on your oil purchase. Power Torque ATF is available at http://www.powerdrivendiesel.com/product/power-torque-atf/

I use the cheapest dex 3 fluid I can find for my allison. My truck will repeat 10 second passes within 1/10 of a second every time. This build is almost a year old and it hasn't degraded or skipped a beat at all.

I do my own builds also.

I know guys who have gone 9's in crew cabs with supertech dex 3.

Big Blue, what clutches are you using in non-stock trannies with this fluid?

I use plain dex3 in mine, has Alto clutches.

Advertising, in my forums????

Also, private label much?

Meh. I don't blame them. Private labeling is the majority of the diesel performance world.

Grab part, remove from box, engrave company logo, rebox, triple the price.

Is it just me, or are these pictures way too big to read even on a 1920x1200 screen!

And Will told me to switch fluids when I started slipping my TC and it worked like a charm. Not saying it doesn't need a rebuild and I've been lazy getting it done, but the fluid he had me change to brought it back from 80% slip down to probably 20% slip only at WOT in OD.

I'd definitely give this a go next time around.

In for the information! Is this to replace and atf +4? I'm willing to give it a try in the wife's jeep.

Is it much different then ATI's Super F? Or Redlines Type F Racing ATF? I've used both of those with good experiences.

Is it just me, or are these pictures way too big to read even on a 1920x1200 screen!

The "resizer" screws up on my screens occasionally also. When it does, just hit the "refresh" button. It fixes it 99% of the time.

I use the cheapest dex 3 fluid I can find for my allison. My truck will repeat 10 second passes within 1/10 of a second every time. This build is almost a year old and it hasn't degraded or skipped a beat at all.

I do my own builds also.

I know guys who have gone 9's in crew cabs with supertech dex 3.

Awesome, I too have had good luck with Walmart's Dex 3, it's definitely better than ATF+4 when it comes to clutch bite.

Big Blue, what clutches are you using in non-stock trannies with this fluid?

I use plain dex3 in mine, has Alto clutches.

We've tried this with Raybestos GPZ, Alto Reds, Raybestos Blues, Stock replacement Borg, Alto, and Raybestos clutches, works great with all of them.

Advertising, in my forums????

Also, private label much?

Private label would have been much easier, but I assure you our tranny fluid is unique, same with our new engine oils. We've been working on these fluids for over 6 months.... private label would be a 1-2 week process, that involves writing a check and waiting for them to whip up some cheap artwork and ship out product.

In for the information! Is this to replace and atf +4? I'm willing to give it a try in the wife's jeep.
Yes, this will replace ATF+4, Dex 3, Type F, etc. This fluid is in my wife's 2007 Jeep Diesel with the finicky Nag 1 Mercedes Transmission, it made enough difference that my wife asked me what I did to her Jeep, she thought I bought a "chip" for it..... silly wife, it's just shifting a little firmer....

Is it much different then ATI's Super F? Or Redlines Type F Racing ATF? I've used both of those with good experiences.
Our fluid is different than a straight Racing Type F, but both of those are excellent products for holding power in an automatic transmission. Those racing fluids do not have any friction modifier so fuel economy will suffer, but they definitely bite the clutches much harder than stock OEM fluid.

I'd also be interested to try this in my wife's jeep. I'm scared to death of that 42RLE.

This fluid would work great in the 42RLE, heck even a couple quarts replaced would be enough to make a noticeable difference. A full change to straight hydraulic oil would be the cheapest route but you'd want to find a low viscosity hydraulic oil for wintertime cold start driving and cold transmission shifting improvement.

Sweet I'm going to have to look into this when I get ready to change the jeeps fluids.

So how much is this stuff gonna lower converter stall? I know for some guys running bigger singles that can be a point of concern.

So how much is this stuff gonna lower converter stall? I know for some guys running bigger singles that can be a point of concern.

It shouldn't lower stall, we thought of the exact same thing when working with the chemists on the formulation. I am not interested in having my starting line spool up any harder than it already is!

I read about using hydraulic fluid on here for tranny fluid. So far i've tried it on two 47rh transmissions with no performance difference. It was nice being able to run this hydraulic fluid for half the price of ATF.

I am due for a filter change on my truck, its currently filled with Valvoline +4 from my last change.

Has the fluid been tested for blending with +4 without concern over separation as my truck sits during the week?

Back