powerstroke in a dodge!

I thought that was supposed to make some passes earlier this year?

I definately wouldnt swap a powerstroke into a dodge, for obvious reasons, but I do like the 7.3's.

Honestly, I think you can make one run pretty decent with a few proven parts. I really like the old 70's(?) blue ext cab longbed ford with the powerstroke in it that pulls.

The thing is, if you are a ford man at heart, then you will want to make the powerstroke run, thats why people do it. I dont think it is crazy, I think if you have the money and the desire, then go with it.

I like watching powerstrokes pull, especially if they run good, because it makes the pull a lot more interesting having more competition.

Um, just wondering...has anyone ever seen this done. I think it'd be hilarious! Thought about doing one a couple of years ago, just for poops and giggles. Talk about some pissed off people...

I say go for it. For all the obvious reasons.

1. because it would be freakin hilarious :hehe:

2. it would get lots of head scratching looks

Um, just wondering...has anyone ever seen this done. I think it'd be hilarious! Thought about doing one a couple of years ago, just for poops and giggles. Talk about some pissed off people...

Just make sure to leave the engine stock so the frame will have a fighting chance:kick:

wtf. why not use a ford four banger it will make more power and torque . plus it will fit better .:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::eek:wned:

It's true that a Cummins or a Dura-pad is the most deseriable of the 3 at the events, but to my understanding a Ford won a NADM quick diesel class in Georgia this year(about 2 months ago), and then won DHRA quick diesel in Houston 2 weeks ago, where it had to beat a Cummins, and 2 Duramax's to do so. And in Houston a Ford won Work Stock pulling class, and Modified pulling class as well.....sounds like the Fords are holding their own to me

I've heard a lot of other people say that if they put powerstrokes in dodges-then they could put all the junk on one car lot.....I don't own either one so it's irrelevent to me. Having said that, if that's what you want to do, I say go for it.......

There is a guy in NW Iowa that put a 7.3 psd in a 86 or so K20 Chevy. I haven't seen it but have seen the pictures. It looks sweet and definitely is different. If I had a dodge and a psd I would do it because all the cummins guys would cry their asses off. LOL

There is a guy in NW Iowa that put a 7.3 psd in a 86 or so K20 Chevy. I haven't seen it but have seen the pictures. It looks sweet and definitely is different. If I had a dodge and a psd I would do it because all the cummins guys would cry their asses off. LOL

I seen that truck! Its brown. Real clean install. I think the guy owns a dyno somewhere up north. He had it in Marion 1.5 years ago when they had a dyno day in Marion. The radiator is mounted behind the cab for clearance.

Yep that is the same truck. I just can't remember his name. I guess he has a real nice shop too.

It,s OK to be different put it in there If that is what you realy want.hell I have a Perkins in a old ford and a cummins in a 72 chevy I have been a odd ball for a long time.:hehe:

Dale

It's true that a Cummins or a Dura-pad is the most deseriable of the 3 at the events, but to my understanding a Ford won a NADM quick diesel class in Georgia this year(about 2 months ago), and then won DHRA quick diesel in Houston 2 weeks ago, where it had to beat a Cummins, and 2 Duramax's to do so. And in Houston a Ford won Work Stock pulling class, and Modified pulling class as well.....sounds like the Fords are holding their own to me

The mod is only a Ford body it not a powerstroke motor

man you cummins guys crack me up. You guys are the biggest babies I have ever heard. If the cummins is such a great motor than why for all of these years has ford still out sold dodge:bang:bang

Which truck is this?? A p-pumped 7.3 is hardly a Ford IMO.

if you want to get technical a powerstroke is not a ford, nor is cummins dodges engine, or duramax chevy's engine. but a p-pumped 7.3 is still a 7.3. the only difference is the injection system, it's not eletronic just mechanical...whoopdydo

and the truck that won the work stock class is an '08! and the truck that won quick diesel(2 in a row) is all international powerstroke with stock internals