powerstroke in a dodge!

maybe it has something to do with the fact that dodge doesn't offer a cummins in every one of their vehicles, and ford doesn't offer a powerjoke in all of theirs. pretty irrelevant comparison kip

I think that with Ford selling the most trucks, the keyword is trucks, not engine. It's by far the most popular truck. I owned one and I can see why, it was a terrific truck. The Powerstroke is a popular engine, but I stick to my guns it doesn't seem to be the most favored to win when you go to the events. Yeah, it can make power no doubt. But it hasn't really come very close to what Cummins and Duramax powered trucks have done to this date. Maybe that will change, maybe not. Time will tell. But it's kind of a moot point bringing up the "we sell the most" line.

I think that with Ford selling the most trucks, the keyword is trucks, not engine. It's by far the most popular truck. I owned one and I can see why, it was a terrific truck. The Powerstroke is a popular engine, but I stick to my guns it doesn't seem to be the most favored to win when you go to the events. Yeah, it can make power no doubt. But it hasn't really come very close to what Cummins and Duramax powered trucks have done to this date. Maybe that will change, maybe not. Time will tell. But it's kind of a moot point bringing up the "we sell the most" line.

How quick or fast is YOUR truck?

what does that have to do with his "ford sells more vehicles" comment????

I say go for it. That would make so many die hard ford or dodge guys so mad it might be worth it.
It's like when people swap a ls1 in a rx7. True rotory guys cant stand it.
Or like EVS motors putting a 2jz in a nice 67 camaro. So many people dont like that car even though it makes over 1000bhp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZqtJTlXON8

This is exactly what the Die Hard Corvette guys tell me. They whine and cry about me ruining a great car. LOL Dipchits. But you know what? They can kiss my azz! LOL

ok the sales thing didn't really workout the way I planned :doh:

no matter the reason, but if you do it you have to mount a camera under the hood and take it to the local dodge house for warranty. can you imagine the look on the technitions face ? :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Last edited:
Ok it has 1000hp. Thats cool and all. But damn, theres just something fundamentally wrong with a Camaro sounding like a ricer!!

powerstrokes suck this powerstrokes suck that blah blah, the 6.4 is gonna wipe the floor with all you cummapart and durasnacks followers!! STIR STIR STIR

powerstrokes suck this powerstrokes suck that blah blah, the 6.4 is gonna wipe the floor with all you cummapart and durasnacks followers!! STIR STIR STIR

Yeah I wouldn't count on that :bang

kinda in the same area of conversation.. why does it take more power in a cummins to beat a powerstroke?? i have ran a couple of cummins around and most have (what they say) is about 100+ more whp then me and i come out on top everytime?? btw I dont know my power but I know its not where they said they were..

kinda in the same area of conversation.. why does it take more power in a cummins to beat a powerstroke?? i have ran a couple of cummins around and most have (what they say) is about 100+ more whp then me and i come out on top everytime?? btw I dont know my power but I know its not where they said they were..

Maybe they forgot to shift out of first gear?

lol... nope they all thought they would kill me as well.. i have a video that i need to convert to post here of me running a buddy's 512 whp cr and pulling it...

Woody you're such a comedian! What the hell have have you been up to bro?

By the way, we never got to have a real run at it before I sold my blue truck, but that one night we tried and you "lost traction" I got out on you pretty good, and I even left it in 2wd to be fair for your lack of 4x4 launch capabilities :) And you had two more rear tires than I did!:poke:

P.S. I think that if you stay at a certain amount of power longer than another truck you're gonna win. For instance if your peak hp is say, 425 in your rig vs the 500+ ctd, if you stay above 400 for a few hundred more rpm's than him you're probably going to pull out a win in. Or something like that....:hehe:

I'm sure many have heard people say the 500 horse PSD beats the 600 hp CTD. True as it might be, in my opinion it doesn't represent superiority. Maybe some more for David to quote there.:hehe:

comedian??? lol btw nothing much.. and yes i did lose traction and knew i would as i left 4 black marks all the way through the intersection.. i think that someone has the video of it behind us.. but yes i think if i would have got traction i would have pulled you as i did w/ that other 03 that made 512whp at indy nationals... that is the run i have on video that i need to convert to post on the internet

oh and btw dont get me wrong the cummins is a great motor and have thought about doing a swap...