pro street an index class?

But we are already limited on trucks. That would be a good idea if we had 100 10sec trucks at every event. A lot of times a low 10 truck will win prostreet

We need mroe trucks at events before we can even think about adding another class. When the total truck count at some events are only around 60 there is no room for another class.

NHRDA's superstreet has basically turned into pro street. Isn't the record a 9.9x?
CompD Mobile Device

it is but there are prostreet trucks out there that should faster by far. pro street is lighter so it should be faster.

I think the word street should be dropped from the classes. None of them are street trucks anymore.

I think the word street should be dropped from the classes. None of them are street trucks anymore.

I agree, at least in the pro street class. There are still many super street trucks that see the street.

There isn't much of a line seperating the ET's of the Super and Pro if you take the NHRDA normal entries out west, but through in the eastern trucks and there is quite a difference.

Need get them there before anybody needs to worry about calling them anything.

10.5 index is dumb. If your truck does 10.5's already then just compete and do your rounds and you will place more then likely. Dont penelize the rest of us for wanting to push the limits just because you dont want to.

Calm down brah. I'm just posting this cuz lots of folks are talking about it, and someone asked me to post it.

I don't care what the classes are. I'm still gonna race.

Are the folks that are talking about it drivers? If so, tune it down and run the 11.9 if they want to run an index. Pro Street will continue to evolve with time. there will be a point where there is no way a SS truck can compete in PS. But for now it's posible. DD's win SS every now and then, but that will change as well. It's just like any other form of racing "The grey area" is what keeps the class moving foward. If the "Grey area" was removedd from the rules, we might as well have somebody start building 'Spec motors for the trucks, to make sure everybody plays fair lol. There will always be a few trucks that set the bar, its called competition... IMO

Last edited:
I agree ss and ps should stay.

How about bumping the 12.0 class up. That was a good class 3-4 years ago but there's lots of 11.0 trucks these days.

Just bracket race it then you can dial in any index you want.

I could see an 11.49 index class, just above roll bar status.

This is CompD I can rant and yell all i want LOL. My opinion as having a mid 9 low 6 sec truck is let me be and dont try and put limits on a fun class. If you cant run with us then watch from the bleachers.

This is CompD I can rant and yell all i want LOL. My opinion as having a mid 9 low 6 sec truck is let me be and dont try and put limits on a fun class. If you cant run with us then watch from the bleachers.

Damn...

I love the 11.9 index class. Going to be lot's of close competition next year, and I'm hoping the Dakota will be quick enough to compete in it. I say leave PS and SS alone. The low to mid 11 sec trucks can slow down a bit and be competitive in 11.90.

Seems like we talk about this every year. I think the current classes in NHRDA work pretty well. The 11.90 index class is fun, I wanted to see it set closer to 11.50 for selfish reasons, but it's fine where it is and provides heads up racing and driver strategy as well. It was added for those trucks who didn't want to run brackets, were quicker than 12.0 but didn't feel they could compete in SS.

I think the PS and SS trucks will separate more in time, the weight and tire and suspension differences will almost dictate that they do. The only rule I'd like to see added to the SS rules is the trucks must be driven under their own power to the starting line and back to the pits, (unless broken of course).

Current NHRDA record for PS is 9.12 @ 154.6, SS is 9.94 @ 140.6. The PS record will be in the 8's before long and the SS record will probably go to at least 9.6 if not 9.5. and the mid 140 range. Max'd Out has pretty much had it's way with this class for the last 3 years, but there are a number of very quick SS trucks around this year and I'd bet the record will be broken in Topeka.

No getting around it these quicker trucks break often. I also hate to see them break, but as Rob said he has won a lot of PS and SS races with his tow truck due to the quicker trucks going down. For that reason I think the mid 10's trucks have a great chance winning a lot of the SS events. I turned my truck down to run the 11.90 class because I was tired of breaking it running it all out. So far I'm still breaking it:bang, just not as bad.:D There are not enough of faster trucks to support adding another class at this time IMO.

Last edited:
It's amazing how most of you just don't get it:bang The idea is to provide classes where EVERYONE can feel, and be, competitive in. That promotes participation!!

Having several index classes does not slow down anybody that doesn't want to slow down. It does not "get rid" of, or penalize anyone. It is still heads up racing and if you want to go faster than the XX.XX index, move up to the next index class:poke:

I race in a monthly "Street Car Shootout" that has several index and dial classes...There are HUNDREDS of racers there!! The only people that slow down are those that choose too.

How many trucks, besides Sprotsman ET, show up at the avg, "all diesel" event?? 10...maybe 15...20 tops in the heads up classes? Why? Because some people would rather not come if they have to run someone 2 sec faster than them. Me personally, I don't care...I'll race anybody...especially the way most of you with "record breaking" attitudes react on the tree!!:stab:LOL

Until classes are figured out to promote and include participation as opposed to exclude or deter, "diesel only" drag racing will only continue to die a slow death.