Project DeRanged truck progress

approx HP? desired E.T.? Probably going to be the highest HP 6.0 out there, Whats the highest powerstroke HP out there?

Not sure yet, Et low 9's high 8's this year. Starting off lower on the power, to figure out what I need. After we see how it runs, build it more.

gonna compete with the cummins then huh? Good luck to you. Sincerly, its so, so expensive.

lookin good man! cant wait to see her run! more motivation to get the ball rollin on project old school! maybe ill come across a 4link in a junkyard! oh yea, is a bed required to run down the track by any of the diesel racing sanction?

I'm doing it for fun, and for the site, but if its competitive, that will be great too. Gene is a master, he does impeccable work.

deranged41908_2.jpg

deranged41908_3.jpg

When I talked to Gene last, he was "grinding the welds smooth". LOL You gotta love a perfectionist!

Holy Smokes, looking good gang!!

So when's the official photo shoot Tim??

John

Not sure, there is a lot of work that has to be done still. Wait till the bed gets line-x or painted!

oh my god do i want that thing for just one day!!!! i just wanna drive it to school!!!! everyone thinks my truck looks mean but oh my god!!!!!!!!! i love this truck hahahaha

i love it hahaha the funny part is my dad has a ranger and awhile ago we were thinking of putting maybe a 4bt cummins in it hahaha

oh hey dalpilot i got a question for you, what do you think will be easier and cheaper to throw into a '98 f150?? 6.0, 7.3 or 12v cummins?? i'm thinkin the cummins might be a bit too long and high but that can be fixed with some firewall modding and a new hood right?? i'm thinkin the 6.0 would probably fit the best seeing how it's smaller than the 7.3 and the truck has a 5.4 v8 (i think it's a 5.4) in it already so a v8 should just naturally fit..... let's just say i'm gonna have fun this summer trying to build this thing ;)

I would say the 6.0, but Gene is shoe horning this thing in there, so he could answer that better than I. This truck is built right 100% because of him.

I would say the 6.0, but Gene is shoe horning this thing in there, so he could answer that better than I. This truck is built right 100% because of him.

yeah well i'm not hoping for huge power #s out of it, just a fun 11 second f150 with a diesel that can be street driven whenever i feel like my f350 should get a break... how much did the 6.0 run you?? i'm hoping i can find an old 12v for maybe 1500 in a totalled truck or something.... i've already found a good condition 12v for about 2500 in an f350 flatbed... i'm thinking a 6.0 alone would run me abuot 8k??

Oh hell no, they are on Ebay all day for 3500. Hell I got everything but a block to make a new 6.0.

Oh hell no, they are on Ebay all day for 3500. Hell I got everything but a block to make a new 6.0.

oh crap alright thanks for the info a 6.0 might be the way to go!!!! they're easy to make power with just the push of a couple buttons too so i could run 12s in a 5500 lb truck all day with just a programmer right?? should push over 400hp at the wheels??

Back