Project DeRanged truck progress

The guys from Painless wiring contacted me about what switch panel I was planning to use. I have been looking at several, and they wanted to send us one to use. It showed up less than 24 hours later! This thing is very well put together. Thanks a bunch guys!

painless2.jpg

Painless1.jpg

Well we expected to have the axle shafts on Wednesday, but apparently they have become as allusive as Crower 6.0 connecting rods. I don't think we have the rearend yet.

No rearend for the truck so I get to spend the weekend with my wife.
But I did do rear rotors and pads on the F450 yesterday :woohoo:

It sure seems weird being home this long :hehe:

Yes we sure did. I want to take a second and say thanks to everyone who has helped out on this project.

First to Gene, who has done an amazing job, and has spent countless hours on this thing.

Jenn at Di Pricol for being the brand sponsor for the truck. Her support has been great, and she is always stepping up to the plate asking what else do we need. (on side note might have to up the sponsorship since she drinke more beer in the pit than anyone else.....LOL....Love ya "DOT". LOL

Brad Childs at TCI Auto for building a 5R110 tranny and telling me "GO break it so we can build it stronger"
Dan, Stephanie, and all the folks at FASS
Chad Westfall for supplying us with all the Royal Purple and a few "Other" non-disclosable parts.
Ryan Casserly at Full force diesel for building a "LARGE" set of injectors.
Josh and the folks at GrandRock exhaust for getting the smoke out.
Greg Hogue motorsports supply for the Headstuds to hold the heads on.
Garret, and Diva at Pure diesel power for all those pesky little pieces that add up fast.
Dennis and Shiela Perry and the TS Performance crew for everything they have done and offered. Also Craig, (crew chief: Caged Fury) for all the info, and not telling me to bugger off with my incessant questions.

BJS Racing, (Painless Wiring) for supplying the switch panel and relays. Thats a damned nice piece.
To the folks that supplied, BOTH turbos, who wish to remain anonymous for now.
To Anthony (Billet Garage) for the Nitrous bottle brackets, those things are sweet.
That Preston.........who hooked us up with the most important part, the cup holders. LOL

To Tim and Phil, and the whole Comp D crew for having me as a Mod, and allowing me to be a part of this whole thing. I know if it were not for Comp D, none of this would be taking place right now.

And finally to all of you , who have had to sit here and read about this crap every few days. I promise, were getting close. A few critical components short for a complete motor.....(I hate Crower right now, but I will love them when the rods stay in the block), and axle shafts for the rearend. Once those things are here, the truck will be dang near complete. Only thing left to get are shocks and springs, (have to wait to get the weight of the rear to buy the right springs), Cooling fans and a few odds and ends. Once the motor is in, its off to Joe Hellman to have a custom intercooler made to fit that truck, (none seem to be available for the 2005 Ford Ranger Diesel Edition). LOL

sounds like its comin along pretty good! Can't wait to see it run! I wish there was a way that I could contribute. But i dont have much to offer! Lol. If you need someone to watch yall do all the work and eat insanely large amounts of food let me know.

Just got the word from Gene, (AKA: WILSON) LOL The Rearend is done and he will be picking it up at lunch! Sweet!

Hey Tim,

did you guys center the diff to have the axle shafts the same on both side or is it offset?

That's off a super duty right?

Sweet, Brad from TCI worked his butt off and today told me that the shifter I wanted to use will work with some modifications. So this is the shifter we willbe using:

outlawshifter_button.jpg

Sweet, Brad from TCI worked his butt off and today told me that the shifter I wanted to use will work with some modifications. So this is the shifter we willbe using:

outlawshifter_button.jpg

I like it! And even has a nice button for your Line Lock or a stage of :nos:. ;) I had one similar in my '72 Chevelle but the button was on the top of the shifter. I like it much better with the button on the side.

Back