Project DeRanged truck progress

Sweet!

Get that thing moving because we're moving into prime painting season (meaning its no longer 105 with sweat dripping in the paint).

If its coming this way for paint and we time it right maybe I can meet you in AL or MS to help with your drive.

I know Danny is in Slidell but I am in Louisiana also....if the truck needs to be pulled between Houson and Ga or Fl just let me know. I can or I have several employees who can pull it. I have two duallys...one that almost never moves...the new Dodge.

Or I can donate some $$$ to the fund...just let me know.

Thanks Guys, the truck is in California right now, thanks to the combined efforts of Doug, Danny, David Lott, Myself, and Gene. I appreciate the offers more than you know.

Andy, I think its gonna be a little while before we hit paint. You will however be the second to know behind me. LOL

Hell, if ya come through Alabama I wan'a take it for a RIDE! LOL

.......I'll even help haul it.

UPS man brought a bunch more stuff.

Thanks To DPP, (FASS) Dennis and Sheila at TS performance, for everything, and Doug at Direct injection. Good stuff flowing this way.

2007_Sep_14_001.JPG

For those who have seen this truck how would you rate the body as far as how much work it would need before paint?

Does it have a ton of ping dings?

Are we only seeing it from certain angles because it has a bad side?

How many times does it look like it has been re-painted allover, if any, and does the additional paint seem to be agreeing with what it was sprayed over (any visible delam, peeling, chalking or crowe's feet)?

Or does it have a few dings to fill, block and prime in addition to the typical blocking and sanding you would do before painting something that had a solid factory paint job?

I ask because if doesn't require much body work but primarily blocking and sanding before painting it could be brought to GA as soon as the exterior is a priority.

As far as the tank and the switches go I say keep them because not only have I never watched a diesel run a 11 second 1/4 mile on 3 wheels I've never seen one pancake to slow down after it trips the 1320' ft beams either.:rockwoot: LOL

BYW- In addition to the paint job put me down for one of these as well:

http://www.prostreetonline.com/x/grant-classic-chain-link-steering-wheel.asp

Andy, the trucsk bed is trashed, but its getting a new one. The front end is fine, and will need very little work. As for the tanks and the steering wheel, thanks, but :umno:

JohnBoyToo said:
DP, you know where I can if I can help !!!

I know - I'll test it @ the Kennedale 1/8th :)

hey hey hey!!! Thats my dragstrip, it's like a second home to me lately, if anyone is gonna test n tune it there it should be me!!!!

crewgirl said:
hey hey hey!!! Thats my dragstrip, it's like a second home to me lately, if anyone is gonna test n tune it there it should be me!!!!

"Nannie - Nannie - Boo - Boo" I asked first and I'm closer !
as my four year old going on 13 granddaughter says when she REALLY is after it LOL :)

Went by CHS racing, the guys doing the machine work on the block. Got the cam out, and found out the block that I bought looks to be in great shape. Here is the cam before I boxed it up to be sent out.

Attachments

• cam.jpg
    cam.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 111
Good Job Tim! Sounds like things are moving along. Gonna be a fun ride for sure. :rockwoot:

Just got these for it. MT 15x12 ET drag wheels. SHould look nice, and they are light too.:rockwoot:

Attachments

• Wheels.JPG
    Wheels.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Wheels2.JPG
    Wheels2.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 60
crewgirl said:
How close to the track are you? I'm pretty damn close.
If you're talking to JOhnBoy...he lives about 100' down the road. LOL

Back