Project DeRanged truck progress

Tore the block down the rest of the way. Block, Crank, and all look to be in great shape. Magnafluxing Monday, if all is well, it gets Decked, and Bored. That is one big ass crank BTW!

Attachments

• 6.0 motor.jpg
    6.0 motor.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 215
Ordered Pistons, rings, bearings and gaskets today. ................Edited for secret squirrel stuff........................................... Coated pistons as well.:rockwoot: The torque plate to hone it with is being finished today. The bad news is that there are no new 6.0 head castings available, and they are looking at 6 months to a year before any are available. Lets hope the ones I am getting from Richard have no cracks.:kick:

Last edited:
Damn Tim, you aint gotta tell them all the tricks LOL

How are you guys doing for gauges in the truck? I've only seen a boost gauge in this thread (and I just discovered this thread and the original project thread this weekend, otherwise I would've chimed in sooner). I might be able to swing a beta set of the new ISSPRO Performax gauge line (the new networked series of gauges).

BTW, are you guys thinking of getting this thing into the 9's? If so, don't forget that you'll need a driver with an NHRA Competition License. I just happen to have one ;)...

Regards,
Michael Pliska

MIke, that would be awesome, we'll defintely be looking for some gauges. Let me know, and Thanks.

Got my Rear wheels today:

15 x 12, with a 5.5 back space.

MTwheels.jpg

MTwheels2.jpg

So, it's a motorcycle ? Only two wheels ? :)

WOW !!!!! THAT will take some rubber !!!

and therefore lots of them horesepowers to turn them over :)

Dalpilot said:
MIke, that would be awesome, we'll defintely be looking for some gauges. Let me know, and Thanks.
When do you think you'll be far enough along to need your gauges? We're making some changes right now in response to Beta testing feedback, so I can get you better parts if you don't need them right away. What gauges do you think you'll want? I can guess an HPOP gauge will be one of them...

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

Michael said:
When do you think you'll be far enough along to need your gauges? We're making some changes right now in response to Beta testing feedback, so I can get you better parts if you don't need them right away. What gauges do you think you'll want? I can guess an HPOP gauge will be one of them...

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

PM sent!:thankyou2:

Now Patrick..... The wing is sooopa cool, but we cant have any of thay mickey mouse sh1t LOL

Thats actually the look we were going for. LOL The truck will be a little different when its all done than it is in those pics. Not sure on the color yet. Gonna think a while before I call Andy with the final.

Guys, I want to say thanks To Michael at Isspro for sponsoring a full set of gauges for "Deranged". That is awesome, and will make the interior look sweet.

Thanks again Mike.

A few new pieces showed up today. Pistons, Rings, bearings, and gaskets.
pistons3.jpg

Pistons2.jpg

Pistons1.jpg

This thing should be almost as lite as the Fordyota dont you think? Will it be ready for TS next year?