Project DeRanged truck progress

Hey Tim,

Just sent you an e-mail about the turbos. Let me know,
Chad

Dalpilot said:
Sheila is the official Driver Post cooler raid. She will take over as long as she is not the one raiding the cooler. LOL

Who me raid the cooler :what: LOL

OK, now that the raffle is over, and I have a PM box again, LOL, Its time to refocus my efforts on getting your drag truck done. WHats going on:

1. Gene has the motor and Tranny removed,a nd will start Chasis work after Christmas
2. The motor has been a challenge thus far. WHY? Well, were doing what apparently not too many have done before. Looking for big, dependable power, out of the 6.0. WHile I cannot divulge everything that is going on thus far, here is a brief desricption. The block started as a 6.0. LOL The Rods are custom Billet from Crower. The heads are being worked over by the same guy that used to build Big Daddy Don Garlitts race motors. The injectors were dropped in a box to Ryan Casserly this morning, THANKS CASS!
We have wheels and tires, Stacks from Grand Rock, a custom Fass system from the folks at DPP. We have nitrous from RC Cox ready, we have Gauges, and more from DI Pricol. Were making progress,a nd its gonna pick up steam now. THanks to Everyone that has and are donating. Once its done its going to Andy for paint, and hopefully it will be debuted at TS.

Got the call today that the Pistons and Bearings have been coated and will be shipped out tomorrow. Ya got to love Poly dyn!

I'm lazy and didn't want to search- What transmission are you running, Tim?

As of right now it is undecided. I have a 5r sitting in my garage right now. Might try to get John Wood to do it, or get suncoast on it.

So most likely a factory-style transmission? No lenco, liberty, etc?

As light as its gonna be, I don't see a need. If we break it, then yeah, its time to go upgrade.

Kinda what I planned on- break it 3 times, then look for something stronger.

:hehe: Numero Uno on the new truck... Slated to be built Jan 11th by an unnamed sponsor.

GOt the pistons and bearings back today from Polydyn:

WOO HOO!

Ceramic.jpg

ceramic2.jpg

Verrry niiiice...wohooh woooha. (Best Borat imitation):hehe:

Great Success!! (ugan...Borat):Cheer:

Hey just wanted to say thanks to Greg Houge, (Comp461) for getting some ARP studs for this thing. Thanks Greg, god knows were gonna need em. LOL