Project DeRanged truck progress

CC12V said:
Yea I see you didn't put the 6.0 in it.:hehe:

Oh Damnnnnn.... That's gonna leave a mark!:owned: (Proper use)

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Yeah, I figured I'd just do the Flintstone powerplant since I really won't have much competition here in Texas.

So today, I ordered all of this:
4-link.jpg

and:
tubs.gif

and:
springs1.jpg

And Chromeoly Rdo ends for the 4 link.

crewgirl said:
hey hey hey!!! Thats my dragstrip, it's like a second home to me lately, if anyone is gonna test n tune it there it should be me!!!!

Yeah well we sponsor the track! LOL. :hehe:

Well its official, TCI will be building a 5r-110 with full billet internals and increased frictions with a Billet Torque converter for the Truck. Its being shipped off right now. TCI is huge into racing http://tciauto.com/ and is stepping into the diesel market. I am going to be the first to run/test their 5r110. It says a whole bunch about the confidence in their abilities when they decide to test the first one behind one of the highest HP and Tq 6.0's. If I can't brake it at the track, I guess it should stand up behind a daily driver making much less. THanks for the support and confidence TCI!

Went out yesterday to Genes shop, and Mike Dilehay showed up and we worked onthe Ranger for quite a while. It now has nothing from the cab back, and the back half frame is ready to be welded on.
Ranger_back.jpg

Ranger_back2.jpg

Also we took the dash out to get to the AC box and windsheild wipers, and after we saw how much it weighed, about 125 LBS we decided to get rid of it altogether and will run an aluminum dash.

Ranger_dash.jpg

Ran into a major snag with the front of the Frame. In order to lower it further the lower part of the frame was notched considerably to clear the lower control arms. There is no way to fix it, except either get a new front clip, or go to a tube chasis. We are gonna try to find a new front clip monday, but its a major setback.

Finding a front clip for a ranger shouldn't be that hard, but this is kommiefornia we are talking about also LOL You mean to tell me you got some work out of Dillehay???? :poke: :poke:

OK, ordered the seats, yes, two of them as promised:

Drivers side, 17" wide, Passenger side, 18".......if you can't squeeze into an 18" seat you better hit the gym, cause thats as wide as they make them.

Seats.jpg

And the 5 point harness'

Straps.jpg

Also ordered a new Griffin aluminum racing radiator.

I called all of the local salvage yards and Pick A Part’s to find it. Most wanted 700 to 1000 for a frame with suspension (98 and newer extended cab), but I finally got one for 300 delivered.

If you are having a heck of a time finding one, why don’t you check into shipping and if it is worth it, just buy mine. I won’t need it for probably a year or so.

Cool, just measured my ass, it is only 15 1/2" wide. Can't wait for my ride:Cheer: :woohoo: . It looks awesome so far guys, great job.

You should post the Airbag explosion video Tim. :hehe:

Glad its coming together for ya buddy!

Back