Project DeRanged truck progress

hpprose said:
I called all of the local salvage yards and Pick A Part’s to find it. Most wanted 700 to 1000 for a frame with suspension (98 and newer extended cab), but I finally got one for 300 delivered.

If you are having a heck of a time finding one, why don’t you check into shipping and if it is worth it, just buy mine. I won’t need it for probably a year or so.

Thanks for the offer, but I am heading to Cali tomorrow to find one.

Hey Tim,

Any luck on a frame? I think 98 to 03 are all the same. I don't remember if 04 to current are. Make sure you don't look at anything 97 and older. The cabs were smaller and they won't work.

On a side note, did you get the package we sent over?

Well I hit a Major Snag with the frame. Basically its toast, and I am left with few options. The truck I have been working on was a freebie, and I cannot thank Doug enough for donating it, but there is sooooo much wrong with it, (frame, passenger door, floor panel, color, etc.....) that its gonna be a fortune to make it the way I want it. SOOOOOO when I get home Wednesday I am buying this:
Ranger.jpg

I already went and looked at it, and its in really good shape. a few small dents in the back, but not hard to fix. I am only out time on the other truck....and 400.00 worth of front frame section......LOng story. This is a complete truck, 62K miles, and the color I want for the truck. Obviously it is a huge change, and almost like starting over, but this will be what I originally had envisioned. The interior will stay, the seats will change and a 10 point cage is going in, but it will look sharp. Think Genes Truck, or TS. I can have it torn apart to back halve in a few days, so its not a major hiccup. I will be selling most of everything I take out, all of the drive train, radiator, ac, seat, wheels, rear end.....ETC. Anyway, just thought I would post an update.

make sure to get the previous owners email so you can update him/her with the updates on their old ride. I know I would crap my britches if I saw that happening to my old truck.

Billysgoat said:
"And the first thing we did was cut it in half" LOL LOL LOL
Kinda reminds me of the Mythbusters where they put the dead pigs in the corvette. They told the owner what they were doing, after they bought the car.

OK, its official, today this officially became "Deranged" Its a 2005, and its in perfect shape. It will be in Bakersfield sometime Saturday, to begin its new life, and its official hazing.

o5stx.jpg

05int.jpg

Genes been busy:

Tear it out:
lowering.jpg

Put it back together with a DJM lowering kit:
lower.jpg

And now it looks like a stink Bug: LOL

lower1.jpg

Back