Project DeRanged truck progress

How 'bout a pic of the hpop? :poke: :D

2007_Aug_14_004_Small_1.JPG

Got the water pump today, but the delaership did not have the Oring I needed for the HPOP, the filter screen for the oil valley, and some how a bolt went missing for the power steering, and they didn't have that either. The heads are decked, added a few angles and ported, just waiting on my valve springs.

Deranged_engine.jpg

Deranged_engine1.jpg

Deranged_engine2.jpg

Deranged_engine3.jpg

Deranged_engine4.jpg

Deranged_engine5.jpg

Oh yeah, and I got the wiring hooked up from the batteries through the shutoff to the engine compartment. Gonna change the routing of the positive lead over next to the negative lead, and use the hole where the Positive line is now for the nitrous line. I didn't like how it looked.

Deranged_wiring1.jpg

Money and Time! A little of both. LOL

Radiator, Fans and plumbing
Drive shaft
Rear shocks and springs
Intercooler??????
cold side turbo plumbing
Lots of time!

The list is small, but necessary none the less.

I like the AFCO's, they are in the lead now. Probably gonna go with 130 pound springs and double adjustable coilovers.

Tim didn't anyone tell you race trucks do not have power steering............... it cost power!

Yeah Steve, but since the brake booster is a hydro boost, I figure it will be helpful. Of course it could be good not to have brakes that way I won't get chicken and try to use them.

If I could find a non PS rack to fit it would be gone, and I would be using a manual brake system, but thus far I have not found a manual rack that I KNOW fits it. LOL

What exactly you plan for cooling Maybe a Mustang Intercooler? I know I have seen them on Turbo Rangers but probaly want something bigger or go with Air to Water Intercooler?

would an intercooler from a turbo ranger take the pressures the 6.0 turbos would be putting out?

rangers can only take like 6lbs tops right?

If I do an intercooler, it will be a Joe Hellman one off custom. Joe makes artwork.

Back