Project DeRanged truck progress

wow, i just read every page of this thing today!!! LoL. i had kept up a little bit awhile back but i hadnt been back to read all the way up on it. you have brought it a VERY long way Tim. if you need any help i'm here man. i work up north austin and live in south austin so i cover some area of austin.. haha. i believe your around 620 or something right??? you need help PM me and i will shoot you my number. i will be there in a second just so we can hear this thing crack off!!!!! haha.

Thanks, family and work is keeping me busy right now. Haven't had a spare minute to work on it. :doh:

:nail: i shoulda been helping you all this month. i been staying busy on my F150 GAS BURNER*bdh*

been building a 5.0 for it, but now i need to take the block up to south austin machine to get acid washed and the bottom end balanced and cam bearings replaced. why am i working on a gas burner?? no clue, will probably end up selling that truck even though i just spent like 3500 on parts for that engine. LoL

Well, I got my drive shaft made, but my daily driver had the FICM go out on it so I had to rob from the ranger to get my truck fixed temporarily. I have worked 7 out of the last 9 days, and now I work 10 out of the next 12 days, so I have no time to work on it. It really sucks traveling for a living and trying to finish a race truck. :doh:

The only good thing Ive found about being slow lately is having some spare time to complete my build. It's pretty much all Ive done for the past 3 months but offically calling it done this week..... it does feel good. Your getting close on yours as well, playing with them at the track will make all the hard work pay off for us both soon. Ryan

Thanks Ryan, I just bought new glow plug harnesses today too. Looking forward to meeting up at the track. I can't wait to see your build.

I finally got the right glow plug harness today.

glow_plug_harness.jpg

OK, so I am anal, and after seeing the ranger in Car craft with no wiring showing under the hood,
ccrp_0912_11+1998_ford_ranger.jpg
ccrp_0912_02+1998_ford_ranger.jpg

I just couldn't stand to look at my mess. So today I ordered this.
10308.jpg
Painless Performance: 8 Circuit T-Bucket/Roadster Harness[/IMG]

Its gonna add a full day of wiring to what I had already done, but, its gonna clean up under the hood beautifully. Thanks for being patient. Its gotta be done right, or not done at all. I am gonna run the wires inside the fenders. I like the way this looks.

Hey Tim, I think I know a guy that knows something about wiring! LOL. Its been awhile since I've been around here. Haven't looked back to see how far along you exactly are as of now but I expect you to quit coming up with excuses and get the truck done. I had a kid born when you started and he is about to graduate!:poke: Give me a shout if you have any problems with the wiring. You do still have my number right?

Jason

Hey Tim, I think I know a guy that knows something about wiring! LOL. Its been awhile since I've been around here. Haven't looked back to see how far along you exactly are as of now but I expect you to quit coming up with excuses and get the truck done. I had a kid born when you started and he is about to graduate!:poke: Give me a shout if you have any problems with the wiring. You do still have my number right?

Jason

Ouch! LMAO! LOL

Well, I got my drive shaft made, but my daily driver had the FICM go out on it so I had to rob from the ranger to get my truck fixed temporarily. I have worked 7 out of the last 9 days, and now I work 10 out of the next 12 days, so I have no time to work on it. It really sucks traveling for a living and trying to finish a race truck. :doh:

That's the truth! It sucks traveling for a living and trying to get anything done. Wait, it just sucks traveling for a living period. LOL

Jason

Whats funny is I was actaully thinking of calling you. LOL

Hey now I saw you in Vegas playing when you could have been home working! Taht's OK as mines still a work in progress too.
I was on a layover ya crusty old fart. LOL

Never saw a beer in my hand, buuuuut, it was a 30 hour layover so I could have, ya crusty old fart. LOL

Well the tranny is in, and it was a mother to get in. I know its a shock, but it fought me all the way. Used a motorcycle jack to get it in there. Also ripped out all the old wiring from the ranger tonight.

Deranged_1116_002.jpg

Deranged_1116_003.jpg