Project DeRanged truck progress

The closest I know is San Antonio. Probably gonna do my shakedowns up in Kennedale with John Robinson and the gang. There could be a beer or two involved after. LOL

Yeah I didnt think there was. The track I always here about is in Temple. Pretty decent track I guess. Im going to rent it out in 2010 and hold a diesel drag weekend. 1/8 miles, and 1/4s.

damn, i saw the first few pages and jumped in around page 50 reading just about everything up to here hoping there would be a vid of it goin down a track or down the street with white and black smoke everywhere....but not yet....haha.... great work, keep it up

damn, i saw the first few pages and jumped in around page 50 reading just about everything up to here hoping there would be a vid of it goin down a track or down the street with white and black smoke everywhere....but not yet....haha.... great work, keep it up

imagine being someone like myself who's been following this from day one :bang

:hehe: just messin with ya tim! we all are so eager to see this thing running! i feel like i'm part of this project haha

temple track has improved alot the last couple of years due to the new owner, the last owner linda, was a money stealing *****, sorry if that offends anyone, just knew that family personally for a long time.

Shake downs - bugs...

The closest I know is San Antonio. Probably gonna do my shakedowns up in Kennedale with John Robinson and the gang. There could be a beer or two involved after. LOL

Tim, when the time comes If yall could use an extra set of hands in the pits just let me know, I'm just around the corner and would be glad to lend some help. Ryan

Yeah Ryan, I will take all the help I can get. I am not a pro by any means, and I have so much to learn, its scary. My goal for season one is keeping it out of the wall, and in my lane.

Yeah Ryan, I will take all the help I can get. I am not a pro by any means, and I have so much to learn, its scary. My goal for season one is keeping it out of the wall, and in my lane.

that is a dang good goal, that was always my first priority it didn't always work out.:bang

My other goal is to learn Proper Ether spraying and to get my certification Jimmy.

I can't tell you guys how good it feels when your only having to buy these parts from Jegs vs. what I have been buying. LOL :doh:

Jegs.jpg

My other goal is to learn Proper Ether spraying and to get my certification Jimmy.

that was what i was waiting to hear, it takes priority over hitting the wall. because we all know you first have to start the truck to hit the wall.:hehe:

I think i spent more on the little chit at Jegs then i did my whole truck. It was like a the little chit never ended!

Just an FYI from someone who has spent WAAAAAY too much at Jegs and Summit, you can get a significant discount from both of them if you have an NHRA or IHRA Competition License (or if you can get your buddy that has one to order it under his account). Unfortunately I found out about it after I had spent most of it.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Yeah, I found out a couple of months ago AFTER spending a bunch of money at Jegs. They don't advertise this program. You have to call them, and they will have you fax in a copy of your Competition License, then they set up your online account to get the discount automatically. Some stuff isn't discounted at all (presumably their "loss leader" items that they don't make a profit on), while other stuff carries a pretty significant discount. If nothing else it took a little bit of the sting out of the NHRA's recent DOUBLING of the Comp License fees.

Last and Final piece I needed to complete the drive train is the driveshaft. I picked it up today, Yeahhhhhhh...........
Drive_shaft.jpg

They put the wrong yoke on it..........SON OF A Bi$#%! LOL

Well it has officially fought me from the first part I bought, to the final part I bought.