Project Leftovers: The Rise of Frankenstein

Couple years ago a guy with a 97 fummins won the competition. I think the same year he won, another guy competing had a 78 fummins dually?

Considering they were getting turned down by Ford guys, that seems like the best way to sneak in...

It goes the same for every crowd. Do you really think 2 6.0s is fords best shot at winning? Its the kids that only vote based on looks.

I am very dissappointed that this truck didnt get in. I was looking forward to seeing it.

I personally like the look of the truck over a ridiculous truck with foot an half wide lo-pro tires on 20" rims. The size of some of these lifts is terrible. That just kills the performance of these trucks.

It goes the same for every crowd. Do you really think 2 6.0s is fords best shot at winning? Its the kids that only vote based on looks.

I am very dissappointed that this truck didnt get in. I was looking forward to seeing it.

The only reason I could see two 6.0's got in was because the guys who bought up a bunch of magazines to vote themselves in, then voted for the competition they wanted. Or lack thereof.

I thought the "ugly" one got voted in and he backed out?? Could be wrong

I hate when guys get in competitions like the DPC and had no hands on part in building the truck. I think guys like Todd have WAY more right to be in it then someone who "bought" there way in more or less.

Oh well, guess you'll just have to spank them at the track guys!! Awesome build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did. However, did you hear all of the crap people were saying. It was the opinion of many that he shouldn't be allowed to compete with such an "ugly" truck.

Dpc is light years ahead of the first few years now. Although it has kind of turned into a "shop truck showdown". Nonetheless should be an exciting event.

Exactly. Do not get me wrong they have every right to be int he competition. It just sucks that all we get to see are trucks the majority of us could only dream of owning given the amount of money put into them. There are plenty of great trucks with modest money put into them making the same power as many of these banks with wheels.

I'm surprised the standards to get into a competition event like DPC aren't based on prior competition results. At a minimum, they could require verifiable dyno or track results (race or sled). This would at least insure that good people made it to the voting phase.

Everyone has an opinion I guess. It just sucks that all these kids that vote only have a picture and a made up hp number to base their voting on.

Exactly. SOMETHING showing the truck has done more than just a butt dyno.

Just tell them it make 10,000hp, and photoshop the picture to have every accessory RBP sells, and you're golden.

Really though, everyone here know's that we're the minority. I'd say 98% of the diesel community (not CompD community) likes to buy trucks that they can just toss a tuner on and puff a bunch of smoke out the tail pipe. That's that. They are going to vote for whatever they think is the coolest.

On a side note, do the trucks have to have the engines they came with? Could a Fummins go in under Ford? In that case, the Cummins guys, should just toss a Ford cab on and hop into the competition!

100% truth that we are the minority.

My biggest pet peeve with this competition is that half of the trucks every year aren't even finished. They are either finishing the truck up until the day of the competition leading to a huge let down or multiple failures or they back out because they didn't finish it.

All of this ranting is coming from a complete nobody and I will never be in the competition. I love the competition but as an outsider looking in it is frustrating to see some of it.

:soap: Off of my soap box.

The truck built in this thread is exactly what should be in the competition but we don't all get what we want in life. Congrats on a badazz truck anyhow! Congrats to the other compd members who got in and I have nothing against somebody who has a shop build their truck. We all dont have gobs of time to do it ourselves. :Cheer:

If a vp got in, it's because every ford and chevy guy tried to vote in the weakest competitor.

Same with dodge and chevy guys voting in 6.0's.

A vp doesn't belong in this competition... Period.

I agree with that To an extent just cuz I dont like them. But with a ppump, a vp, and a commonrail, every option would get a chance. Instead of all commonrails etc etc. I just think that way would be the most fair. And not let shop trucks in that arent even put together.

Im all for the shop trucks getting in. This is suppose to be the best of the best. Thats how I vote it. Unfortunately thats never how it plays out.

I didnt say no shop trucks. I said shop trucks that arent even together. There has been a few that I can remember that when it came time they had to bow out cuz chit still wasnt together.

Anyone read the "four wheeler" mag? A while back they divide their "top truck challenge" into two events pretty much work stock and 3.0 in the diesel world. Maybe DPC will do the same.

It sucks that such a well built truck won't get a chance to compete in the challenge. It just goes to show, the picture you submit to the magazine is just as important as the components that move it down the track. With that being said, don't forget your 20x14 wheels and light bars! :hehe:

Not true. Last year a smashed bag of a$$hole Got in lol

i disagree completely with this statement but to each their own. :Cheer:

I agree with that To an extent just cuz I dont like them. But with a ppump, a vp, and a commonrail, every option would get a chance. Instead of all commonrails etc etc. I just think that way would be the most fair. And not let shop trucks in that arent even put together.

Vps are not and will never be in the same category as the other trucks competing. End of story. You're taking this as I'm bashing them because I don't like them. I love vp's, to a great extent. They just aren't on the same page or even the same book as far as performance as their competition.

Back