Proof of rpm's?

RCCX

Need a sponsor
I have been reading alot lately about all these new and improved programmers that raise the rpm limit.Does anyone have proof they have made power past 3300 rpm's?I hear alot about this programmer does this and that programmer does that but does anyone have a dyno graph with rpm or some other proof that a cr has made power up there,I know alot of people say they have,I guess they are going off the tack which mine will spin to 3600 but its not making power and it falls on its face at 3300.I am interested in trying new things but wheres the proof?

Call the CR "tuner". :hehe:

I'm sure he has all the proof you'll need.

Pitz said:
I did a quick dyno on my engine up to 3500 rpm, the engine is still mostly stock. It pushed up to 3500, but the HP was on the decline after it peaked at around 2650RPM.
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/attachment.php?attachmentid=14157&d=1185773752

Seeing all these new 4000 rpm programmers I would like to see proof of anyone that makes power up there,I have fought long and hard with considerable expense to get my truck where its at and am very interested in some more rpm but with all the money spent on r&d,no one has a dyno sheet showing that the cr can make more power up there.

if you are interested il send you my bdog with a race tune that will fuel over 4000 rpm on my truck.free of charge then you can try it for your self

bones said:
if you are interested il send you my bdog with a race tune that will fuel over 4000 rpm on my truck.free of charge then you can try it for your self

I appreciate the offer and I might take you up on it.I do not disagree with some of the programmers will give added rpm.I would like to see someone that has dynoed before and after and show the powerband moving up.I may be wrong in my train of thought and if I am someone will surely correct me but if a programmer advertises full fuel to 4000rpm,shouldnt the peak power move up accordingly?What use is spinning all that rpm if it still makes peak power at say 2850 like mine does?This is not an attempt of any kind to discredit any manufacturer,but I would like to see the proof.

well the deal sometimes is that airflow and other things hinder the power curve moving up. As far as to what the extra r's do for ya...eh...helps ya keep wheelspeed up for sledpulls and so your truck doesn't completely fall on it's face before the 1320 is over

My HP was definately on the downslope when it hit 3500. I've taken it up to 3800 on the road as well, and it powers the truck up to speed. I might be wrong- but I don't think the power will go up as the rpms do since our engines were designed to run at lower RPM. Don't hard parts (intake runners, exhaust tuning, cams, heads, etc) govern that? I think the main advantage of the extended rpms would be to get the extra range in each gear before shifting.

Of course, I could be very wrong and I wouldn't mind seeing a flatter torque curve on the engine all the way through the rpms- so let me know what you find out!!

let me know the motor is outa my tuck for a few months,so im not using it....

The programs will turn the RPMs. I've only taken mine to 3900 (because of the stock springs). Now power after 3,500..... it's not there. I don't think it is full fueling up in that range. It'll be nice if these guys can back off the defueling in RPMs.

I understand the needed rpm if for nothing more than wheel speed while pulling or for not mph out in the quarter,I just spent a pile of money on getting my gears changed to 3.42's so I would not be on the rev limiter anymore.I just wanted to know if the new programs were allowing the motor to rev higher with the defueling still in place or if they actually did something new and someone figured out how to stop the defueling and make power into the higher rpm ranges.

Last edited:
RC, I think you went in the right direction with the gear changes. Without a ported head and valvetrain to match. You aren't going to see anymore power past 3300rpms. Let us know how you do with those gears.:pop:

lloyd mills has the VA C5 beta and i hear they go to 4100, and hes got dyno numbers, maybe he will chime in...no word on the ppe that ive heard.

feelmecummin said:
lloyd mills has the VA C5 beta and i hear they go to 4100, and hes got dyno numbers, maybe he will chime in...no word on the ppe that ive heard.

The c5 beta will not do 4100. With some creative programming the vA guys have some trucks fueling to around 35-3600. Have not been made aware of any more than that. Here are two runs with my setup, one with stock tuning and one with the c5. Notice my peak is still were most others are. Once I have the tuning software I will be trying some of the tuning tricks to get a few more rpm's out of it.

I think the future holds great possibilities, this tunable box together with a Smarty I think would give someone the best combination in one package, and when they finally figure out the rpm thing things will get really interesting.

Thanks 94tts, thats exactly what I was looking for.How do you like your c5 box?

RCCX said:
Thanks 94tts, thats exactly what I was looking for.How do you like your c5 box?

Your welcome RC, the c5 is great, big power and real smooth. I would think that if these new programs truly fuel to 4100 rpm's someone would have something to back it up. I say :bs: till I see a sheet.

I talked with the Bullydog guys at the Carlisle event and Justin from Bullydog said it's for real and that he would e-mail me a sheet to prove it that evening and guess what? I never got an e-mail, isn't that a surprise. He also said the sheet is on their site. If it is there must be some kind of mistake:blahblah1: because there is nothing on there that fuels any higher than what we've already seen.

i just heard from a VA rep that it would go to 4100. but i never asked whether that was fueling or free rev.

After seeing the dyno sheet,the c5 is actually doing something,I am impressed,all my dyno sheets have my peak power between 2700 and 2800 rpm.When my truck gets to 3300,it looks like the gragh hits a wall and nose dives.I will have to contact dominator diesel and see when the tunable version will be ready.