Proof of rpm's?

I definitely get after market springs that's for sure. I would hate to turn those kinda rev's on the factory jobs.

Bob, we are waiting.

I appreciate your responses about the CP3 but I really gotta wonder. Guessing at it would be a expensive mistake !

Any pump has a efficiency range and after that you're either causing damage or just spinning your wheels.

It'd be nice to see or here of some sort of documentation from Bosch as to what rpm ranges the pump(s) does work in and doesn't.

Well P-pumps can turn crazy rpms..... Figure this is kinda like a rotory version with 3 pistons rather than 6. It has the potential to turn a lot of rpms. Also remember that the pump is not turning the same as the motor.

charlie those are some nice numbers and on the hijack of cp3s, whose are you running? i think 4k is fine for a cp3s, there have been 4k tunes out for a while now, you just have to be special to get one.

feelmecummin said:
charlie those are some nice numbers and on the hijack of cp3s, whose are you running? i think 4k is fine for a cp3s, there have been 4k tunes out for a while now, you just have to be special to get one.

didn't mean for it to be a hijack... just figured it was relevant to the question at hand.

man I hope crow tastes good for the naysaying smart arses. LOL I can officially say, this is definitely the closest I have seen to actual proof. heck, I even offered bullydog the chance to show me 4K RPM at a national event (Carlisle All Truck Nationals). However, they decided to wuss out when push came to shove.

feelmecummin said:

Thanx, but i want bigger numbers. :evil I'm just using two stock cp3s. I ran a stage 2 II cp3, but it couldn't keep up. So we had some stock cp3s laying around, and the I got the II twin cp3 kit (without pumps). It is really a PPE kit, just reboxed. It works out pretty well.

We'll see what happens when i get some more air flow throw the motor.

I think your question has already been proven,...

triton said:
I appreciate your responses about the CP3 but I really gotta wonder. Guessing at it would be a expensive mistake !

Any pump has a efficiency range and after that you're either causing damage or just spinning your wheels.

It'd be nice to see or here of some sort of documentation from Bosch as to what rpm ranges the pump(s) does work in and doesn't.

A couple years ago Relentless Diesel came out with enhanced gear to speed up the cp3 and they have proven that idea worked and so did the cp3,... it kept up with that gearing which I'm sure exceeded what these new DLers are doing.

Back