Proof of rpm's?

chrleb1 said:
Also, is this going to be like the Program that we tried on Reb's truck? I'd still like to drive in on the street. LOL. That one was crazy timing rattle. It was pretty mean though.
come on eric, it wasnt that bad. well ok it was that bad, it sound like a little elf was under the hood playing basketball with a set of keys. but like you said, it was a pretty mean program.

hey Bob, i sold my TST and smarty to get a redline but will end up gettin another smarty in the near future. how is the RPM programming coming along for the VP trucks?

Adam you seem to buy high and sell low :badidea: My cam and springs are here when Rip has the time LOL

Bob Wagner said:
Adam you seem to buy high and sell low :badidea: My cam and springs are here when Rip has the time LOL
did not buy high, found one for a great price. sell cheap, yeah i sold it cheap but i will be buying another soon so its all good, i just wanted more rpms thats all. yes i will be talkin to Reb about the springs and a cam.

by the way i talked to the guy i sold my smarty to and he told me what you did for him. i just think its jacked up a little that you couldnt tell me anything about the RPM file yet you send him the file you did, and i wont mention what file that was, but he said that his truck was the first to have it and told me what it was and i think its BS. i tried to call you and e mail you and never got a word then i hear about that file and i am like what the heck man. whats the deal man

Last edited:
Bob Wagner said:
Adam I sold you the smarty and we can leave it at that
i understand you sold it to me but i would have never gotten rid of it if you would have atleast given me a straight answer. any how, its not that big of a deal, i mean its just a programmer. aint no thing. well i hope you guys do get the RPM thing figured out for the VP truck as well as the CR. its going to be great to see a CR sled pullin in high RPMs. see ya bob and no hard feelings.

Anybody want me to take a pic of my truck at 5k rpms? I can do it. It would prove just as much as this photo on here does :blahblah1:

im sure us 555 guys will get screwed out of this one too...or it will come out in like a year, sorta like all the beta files that still havent been released. granted, i have 2 of them, but many others dont.

Bob Wagner said:
tomorrow will seperate the two. Have a good one Phil :pop:

Its now tommorrow......:blahblah1:

Look Bob...I can post pics too!

millswell046.jpg

4000 rpms!

millswell047.jpg

oh wait heres 5000rpms!

(these pics were taken with the truck off. You can hit the odometer button while turning the key on and the dash lights up like a christmas tree.)

Is there enough duration in the cam to keep the air flow into the cylinder up to over 4k?

973604x4 said:
Its now tommorrow......:blahblah1:

Look Bob...I can post pics too!

oh wait heres 5000rpms!

(these pics were taken with the truck off. You can hit the odometer button while turning the key on and the dash lights up like a christmas tree.)

no **** sherlock. :poke:

soon very soon :doh:

psdplayer are you talking about the stock cam? you will have valve float on a stock cam and springs.

does anyone have an idea on how the CP3's will react to 4K or more in rpm's ? Since we red line at 3K maybe the pumps are only rated for so many rpm's before your just *bdh* ?

Yeah, the cp3 can handle quite a bit. I wouldn't see a problem at all.

feelmecummin said:
psdplayer are you talking about the stock cam? you will have valve float on a stock cam and springs.

Stock cam, Aftermarket cam. I'm not talking about anyones secret cam designs. I just mean the average guy builds the average truck. Does the average cam have a profile that would be responsive to the extra rpm range?

Considering that the factory cam is designed for the factory rev range and even then it's on the very mild side I'd say no, it won't work with the higher rpm's. Yes it will rev that high but it will be way out of it's range and not working very well.

well the days 3/4 of the way over....still no dyno sheets...i agree with big blue, but i would want aftermarket springs for sure.

Back