Propane injection 2005 cummins

countryman2672

Hi all I'm looking into propane for fuel economy and a little extra power. I've been told diesel is going over $5 a gallon this summer and want to prepare. Any help would be great thanks. (what systems,trick, tips, experiences, warnings)

Don't.

No one knows what diesel will cost this summer. I'd been told many times it would never go under $5 a gallon again...

I agree to an extent, however I have heard this from multiple reliable sources and with diesel in my area at 3.70 I'm already hurting at the pump. I've been thinking/wanting to do this for awhile and figured why not now. Our company has a fuel surcharge for every .20 or so diesel goes up and taking that away or lowering it would makes us more competitive also.

I've heard of msd through super chips, bully dog, ats, and diy kits. I'm asking the same question myself so I don't know. How's water meth treating you and what mpg do you get with your mods (dangerous06)

Are you entering a fuel mileage competition? Does your boyfriend have a Prius yall could drive more of the time?

I think he is trying to say..."THIS IS COMP D BEEOTCH!"

MPG is not a first priority here.

Ive seen propane sprayed on a common rail before... end result was 6melted pistions:bang:badidea:

Hahahaha no although I believe priuses are on of the worst cars out there saving a little on diesel isn't a bad thing why everyone on here seems to love to get 3 mpg I really don't understand, it was just a question. And obviously if I'm on here I want power so I really don't see what the problem is and I'm not sure if you noticed the whole "BUSINESS" thing or not but that's kind of important seeing that's how money is made. And I agree mileage isn't a first priority especially on this forum nor is it mine but it is one of them in all honesty if you guys got better mpg sometimes there'd be more money for upgrades just my .02 which works damn good for me

Last edited:
i've got a 450-500 HP truck that gets over 20 on the highway......i have no idea what you're talking about

You asked for help with propane, I said don't. t$ and slow spooler also gave good advice.

Search. It works. Ever think there is a reason no one that knows anything runs propane?

And I appreciate the help that's why I asked and I apologize I'm new and young, trying to learn it's just a process. And SPF I've gotten he'll multiple times on this forum about wanting just a slight mpg increase so that was a generalization

Hahahaha no although I believe priuses are on of the worst cars out there saving a little on diesel isn't a bad thing why everyone on here seems to love to get 3 mpg I really don't understand, it was just a question. And obviously if I'm on here I want power so I really don't see what the problem is and I'm not sure if you noticed the whole "BUSINESS" thing or not but that's kind of important seeing that's how money is made. And I agree mileage isn't a first priority especially on this forum nor is it mine but it is one of them in all honesty if you guys got better mpg sometimes there'd be more money for upgrades just my .02 which works damn good for me
Nice edit.

I run a business, I pull my tool trailer every day with my truck. My customers pay for quality work. The few cents I may be able to save with propane isn't worth risking my engine.

Worried about fuel costs? Take your $.02 and buy fuel.

Why thank you.

And I also tow haul drive long distances etc. Because of this guys in my business add fuel surcharges as do I like I said before if I got better mileage it would help that's why I mentioned it. BUT if it meant risking my engine I'm NOT going to do it, that's why I asked

You asked for help with propane, I said don't. t$ and slow spooler also gave good advice.

Search. It works. Ever think there is a reason no one that knows anything runs propane?

slow spooler.....i like that....a username change could be in order :D