Propane injection 2005 cummins

I've heard of msd through super chips, bully dog, ats, and diy kits. I'm asking the same question myself so I don't know. How's water meth treating you and what mpg do you get with your mods (dangerous06)

The water meth is good for a 200 degree drop. I average about 22mpg empty doing 70. Around town with O.D. off about 17. Towing depends on the setting still playing with that but about 10MPG I'm sure it's the injectors!

Matt (original poster) is a good kid, simply came here for advice. After some of the responses he has received in this and other threads I regret steering him toward this site. Seems it's the same group of nut sack riding cock slobbering tools every time.

Get a CNG kit set up for your truck, leave the propane for the grills and heaters
CompD Mobile Device

Matt (original poster) is a good kid, simply came here for advice. After some of the responses he has received in this and other threads I regret steering him toward this site. Seems it's the same group of nut sack riding cock slobbering tools every time.

So, knowing the site is what it is. You sent him here anyway. Did you instruct him how to use the "search feature" or did you even let him know what CompD was about...and maybe point out a few other sites with fewer "nut sack riding cock slobbering tools" OR did you just turn him loose to the wolves and expect something less because he was YOUR buddy?

If someones feeling got hurt, then maybe you are to blame for the emotional assrape that just occured. Honestly you seem to be more bent out of shape at the responses than he does. Quite frankly it seems he has done a decent job of handling the responses and probably learned more about what is "socially" acceptable.

So settle down This is still CompD, Beeotch!

So, knowing the site is what it is. You sent him here anyway. Did you instruct him how to use the "search feature" or did you even let him know what CompD was about...and maybe point out a few other sites with fewer "nut sack riding cock slobbering tools" OR did you just turn him loose to the wolves and expect something less because he was YOUR buddy?

If someones feeling got hurt, then maybe you are to blame for the emotional assrape that just occured. Honestly you seem to be more bent out of shape at the responses than he does. Quite frankly it seems he has done a decent job of handling the responses and probably learned more about what is "socially" acceptable.

So settle down This is still CompD, Beeotch!

:clap:

lol! you guys are halarious! We are all here to gain knowledge and help each other out. We can all be lazy at times and would rather start a new thread than search for what we are looking for. I don't know enough about propane to give my two cents but best of luck on your search!

Alright enough of the piss fighting, I looked around before I'm no dumb ass I used search found some OLDbthreads about it times change tech changes opinions and experiences do to so that's why I started a thread and no one had to reply **** happens if I don't get a reply I don't . I belong to almost every diesel site and get good advice from all and bad from all. This site people know probably the most but that knowledge goes to the head sometimes. I'm no ***** I can and do take a lot of ****, I never knew Ricky (the guy who told me about the site) knew who I was on here till this post and I never once told him about some of the pissy responses on here. He wrote what he wrote by himself so stop making excuses to chew people up. I could careless if people made comments just as long as I get/give advice (I use give loosely cma) so if you got a problem with me don't post . Dangerous and Elliot thanks, do you have anymore info on cng. Going on others advice I'm looking to improve airflow but am still open

I built my own kit for under 200$ and it was easy I already had 20 MPG but this helped lus the power is nice to have on tap.

Alright enough of the piss fighting, I looked around before I'm no dumb ass I used search found some OLDbthreads about it times change tech changes opinions and experiences do to so that's why I started a thread and no one had to reply **** happens if I don't get a reply I don't .
Science doesn't change. You are still injecting a combustible into a volatile environment. You like gambling?

Why does Propane make a engine go boom? Timing - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

This is CompD, we'll fight all we want:stab:

We will also take your thread and turn it into such a train wreck you won't get any help if that's what we wantLOL

Yeah propane used some parts from a propane forklift and a acetalyn regulartor and a Hobbs switch and have never had a problem and have had it turned all at the way up. I started at 7psi and moved forward brought down the smoke as well.

you're right science doesnt change but the abiility to control and harness it does. It was a simple question. I got my answer even with all the piss fighting, and i guess if you wanted to hijack it, you failed

I didn't want to. If I wanted to hijack it I wouldn't have answered your question then bothered later to search for a thread to explain why it's a bad idea. Which took maybe 5 seconds to find:D

You are still injecting a combustible into the cylinder...

In that case thanks and you searched for something I didn't cause I tried a few things and that never came up within the first few pages, figuring the "best matches" would come first i didnt go on.....

No problem. I remembered the thread, so I had a bit of an advantage:D (I searched propane and timing, FWIW)

I may be somewhat of a jackass, but I'll help people that aren't idiotsLOL

Last edited:
I noticed you posted in it so i figured thats where you got it from haha. anyways, thank for the help, propane is a no go. From what ive heard and read (thanks for the link) it doesnt seem the risk is worth the possible gain...

Yep, a little gain, but you have to be willing to gamble the engine to do it...

I don't mind the gamble of a tuner and the few mods I have, I do mind the gamble of propane, now that i know the consequences, especially on my daily driver....

You are having pre-ignition anytime the propane is in the engine.

Before TDC without boost the air temp is increased enough to burn diesel when it is injected into the cylinder (14*-20* BTDC). If not the engine would not idle.

The temps are high enough to ignite diesel in an 11:1 engine running 48* of timing. Not ignite very well but it is burning.

As stated before:

Propane auto-ignites at 842*F

Diesel auto-ignites at 410*F

Wait before you look too far into that.

The flash point of propane is 152*, and diesel is 143*.

Your average cylinder temp in a diesel engine is around 1000*F. Now if there is 900* in the cylinder at 48* BTDC with 11:1 compression, you know good and well a stock engine has more that enough to lite the propane way before TDC, likely not more than a 20* off BDC. Then at 10psi to that CR and see where your cylinder temps are.

Lets assume that your propane is only igniting at 60* BTDC at no boost. You engine is seeing the same stress as a engine running that timing at the same power level.

I quoted myself.

Roachie Im assuming your saying its not as dangerous or doable...you lost me with a few of the terms. Again im knewer to some of this