ProStreet F-100

Awesome! I've been excited to see this thing finished for quite some time now. Glad it's getting closer to that point.

Thank you sir ! Just just seeing what has more room 47rh bell and adapter plate or the destroked Chevy plate with the 4l80e!

Gaining a little on the floor. Sfi sure does make it difficult with a parallel factory frame. I believe their drawings didn't have an old pickup in mind.

31FDE40C-1A49-4BA4-B174-A0B52A61B832_zpswe4cjjk6.jpg

8094723F-96CA-46B9-AAB6-CF46479D0770_zpsm63nbq4d.jpg

What's going to be the turbo setup?

I have a gt42 with GTX style 11 blade billet compressor wheel. Have a 1.01 and 1.15 t4 exhaust housing to test.

And what's all done to the 4l80?

I answered this question the first time you asked it in a previous post.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2468544&postcount=307

The transmission is from Mike Wood's duramax mustang. Built by Gordon Stoney. Info on the unit is limited. I have called the builder and talked to Mike to gain any info I could. Went as fast as 9.20s @ 3600lbs 1/4mile. ~200mph in the Texas mile. Fresh rebuild and 300m input shaft. I believe it still has a 34 sprag rather than an aftermarket 36. Which I will probably have to address at some point. Trans brake is the builder's design. Similar to jake's newest d3. Although this one was made several years before jake came out with his. Coan converter. I did buy a one off billet OD carrier to install at a later date. The stock one seems to strip the splines around 2000hp.

Last edited:
I understood nothing but "drop in" LOL What does boreless mean, and what it a gta? Mine is a gt4202r.

Boreless is where the shaft does not pass through the center of the wheel. As you can see in the picture, the "nut" is machined into the wheel and the threads are at the base of the wheel. Garrett gta models are all boreless models to my understanding.

Last of the vital bars are in. Just some misc bracing and it'll be time for the fun stuff.

8C20BB1A-B631-404C-BFDD-F3FB46D6D53D_zpseqivzllq.jpg

Back