Prostreet truck who all is coming

Well ****, if we didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all. Rob and Nathan got the new big turbo all fabbed up and new intake through the grill on Friday, (Rob had already installed the other engine along with a new TC and the fast shaft Duraflite tranny) Rob loaded it up Sat and hauled it down to the 1/8 mile track in Gooding, ID which is about 100 miles east of Boise. The Firebird track in Boise is having a big event so no T&T possible there. First pass down the track the new turbo grenaded, shaft on the exhaust side snapped and went out the exhaust. Lucky no damage to anything else. Loaded it back up and back to Boise and Rob and Nathan worked till 2 am fabbing up yet another big turbo that Nathan had on the shelf. Mainly had to change the bracing and some other minor modifications. Back to the track this morning for more test and tune. It had major issues trying to build boost but probably fixable with more tuning and testing. Ran good once it built boost on the track, but on the return road starting running bad and sounded like it did when we bent push rods in Bremerton earlier last year, #6 is dead so who knows?

Anyway we're done, no more time to, or place to test and tune even if we could find the problem in time to still make the drive to Bowling Green. We are not going to go unless the truck is running it's best and it isn't. Nor is there time to accomplish that before we would have to leave.

Pains all of us greatly that we can't come back to TS and compete. I know Nathan is going to fly back awyway and Rob might as well. I wish everyone great success and hope it is a great event. Please take lots of videos because I want to see those fast trucks perform. Have fun and be safe you all.

any clue as to why the shaft let loose or why the boot came loose ? Sorry to hear, I know how you feel.... it's been a push for me to get my truck where it needs to be too.

any clue as to why the shaft let loose or why the boot came loose ? Sorry to hear, I know how you feel.... it's been a push for me to get my truck where it needs to be too.

The shaft broke on a brand new reman turbo that hadn't had 30 minutes on in it let go the first time he tired a boosted launch.

The boot was actually a hard rubber reducer on the orginal setup. It fit over the intake pipe that went into the mouth of the GT55. The intake pipe came out of the turbo, made a 90 down till it cleared the front of the truck and ended out in front of the bumper a little. It was installed last fall when we installed the CO2 fogger on the innercooler. We wanted the intake far enough away from the innercooler so it wouldn't pick up the CO2 if we used it. We actually never tried it due to it never being hot enough to use since it was installed early last fall.

The bracket that held the pipe broke a weld and the reducer came off and into the turbo, that got the seconday and then the innercooler and into the engine. Damage isn't too bad, just no time yet to see exactly what has to be done. Rob installed our spare engne, new heads, new TC and spare tranny trying to get ready for TS. ****ing kills me not to make that race.:bang:bang:bang

We are bringing 3 trucks from here for prostreet.

Camo truck has run 11.2 on street tires, now has slicks and less wieght and giggle gas.

BDP prostreet truck just started yesterday, with its previous owner it did a 10.24 I think but is completly different setup and we dont have the trans brake operational so it may be a turd but I am getting it down the track if I have to idle it damnit, hell if I have to have my whole crew push it its goin down the track!

One other truck that is mine that just got finished, I am expecting low 11's to high 10's since its on street tires.

So for the list, Mike Bean camo Ford, BDP Fast Bastard, and Ryan Bean Silver Dodge.

SURE...sounds like a severe case of dinosaurophobia!!!

Well ****, if we didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all. Rob and Nathan got the new big turbo all fabbed up and new intake through the grill on Friday, (Rob had already installed the other engine along with a new TC and the fast shaft Duraflite tranny) Rob loaded it up Sat and hauled it down to the 1/8 mile track in Gooding, ID which is about 100 miles east of Boise. The Firebird track in Boise is having a big event so no T&T possible there. First pass down the track the new turbo grenaded, shaft on the exhaust side snapped and went out the exhaust. Lucky no damage to anything else. Loaded it back up and back to Boise and Rob and Nathan worked till 2 am fabbing up yet another big turbo that Nathan had on the shelf. Mainly had to change the bracing and some other minor modifications. Back to the track this morning for more test and tune. It had major issues trying to build boost but probably fixable with more tuning and testing. Ran good once it built boost on the track, but on the return road starting running bad and sounded like it did when we bent push rods in Bremerton earlier last year, #6 is dead so who knows?

Anyway we're done, no more time to, or place to test and tune even if we could find the problem in time to still make the drive to Bowling Green. We are not going to go unless the truck is running it's best and it isn't. Nor is there time to accomplish that before we would have to leave.

Pains all of us greatly that we can't come back to TS and compete. I know Nathan is going to fly back awyway and Rob might as well. I wish everyone great success and hope it is a great event. Please take lots of videos because I want to see those fast trucks perform. Have fun and be safe you all.

Sorry to hear that, I was looking foward to meeting you.

We will not be able to make the race. We still are having transmission issues that are not yet worked out. We hope to have them resolved by Indy, but who knows. We will be there to watch and FBFTTFMF! OH and go DINOSAURS!

We are bringing 3 trucks from here for prostreet.

Camo truck has run 11.2 on street tires, now has slicks and less wieght and giggle gas.

BDP prostreet truck just started yesterday, with its previous owner it did a 10.24 I think but is completly different setup and we dont have the trans brake operational so it may be a turd but I am getting it down the track if I have to idle it damnit, hell if I have to have my whole crew push it its goin down the track!

One other truck that is mine that just got finished, I am expecting low 11's to high 10's since its on street tires.

So for the list, Mike Bean camo Ford, BDP Fast Bastard, and Ryan Bean Silver Dodge.

I would like to point out that I will not be in my truck this year, and will have very few tools to lend LOL LOL

If need be, I will help push though!!

We will come prepared this year, TS is never very nice to my trucks so I am bringing the kitchen sink this year and will make sure somthing goes down a track somewhere...

We will come prepared this year, TS is never very nice to my trucks so I am bringing the kitchen sink this year and will make sure somthing goes down a track somewhere...

Bean, I was as dissapointed to hear the news as much for yall as myself, Ive enjoyed the build pictures of the truck since you took it over and was really looking forward to seeing it run again....still Cummins powered:rockwoot:
Ryan

Back