pulling video, have some questions

ILLINOISRAM

INLINE INSANITY
Here is a video from our hometown celebration. The sled is not the greatest sled but it does work. LOL

Anyway, my question is.

What do you guys think about the way the truck runs with the turbo that is on it.

It is the one that i have listed in my sig and for sale. It has the 88/96 turbine wheel with the 1.32 housing. I dont like the way it falls at the end plus it wont turn the rpms down the track that i think it should (could be more to it than just the turbo). I have thought about trying a 1.10 t4 housing even though i know a few guys have allready told me that that configuration does not work. Seeing as how the turbo has not sold yet im thinking about one last shot to make it work with my truck. Or any other ideas or thoughts to help make my setup work better.

Will the housing help drive it better or restrict it and loose what i have?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DWXLY3gDVw&feature=sub

they make a 1.1o t6 get a drive pressure gauge on it !

they make a 1.1o t6 get a drive pressure gauge on it !

Thats what chris said to house. I kinda thought about the t4 cause it would get rid of the adapter and move the turbo closer to the motor so i would have more room for the hood stack piping.

What is the compressor? Bushed 2.8, native 75? Exducer?

Wow, If it was me, I wouldn't be complaining about that. Looks sweet.

Im not really complaining, sometimes i just allways think i can improve things when i should just be happy with what i got.:doh: I think it runs god for what it is but i think im loosing some footage when it stars falling down even though the big turbine stays in better than what i thought it would. Basically i think it is torqueing more than horsepowering (you know what i mean lol) Im just seeing if i can dial it in alittle better.

Looks to me like you need to back the pump off a shade. Sounds like you are killing your fire...

It is running about 4300 until the box tops out and then it pulls down to about 35-3600. With the componets i have i dont think it should do quite that.

7 blade 80mm wheel clipped to 71x105mm(2.8 turbo) with race cover and no mwe groove.

Looks to me like you need to back the pump off a shade. Sounds like you are killing your fire...

I tried that at scheids and it didnt run very good. I tried 590cc on friday and sucked hind tit. Bumped it up to 650cc on sat and it ran better but still not anything like i think it should. So i got frustrated and set it about 750cc which is where it is at in the video.

Deland was 5200 and the sweetcorn fest was 4800. Part of it could be lack of consistantsy with my driving.

It looks close. Timing? Keep the rpm's up when letting the clutch out. Take your time. Is the engine up to temp?

timing is at 38deg. Tim just needs to grow a pair and let it build some rpm before leting out of the clutch.

Mine with my 2.6 ed charger does about the same thing drop alot of rpms and pulls down at the end.I have been thinking of trying a .9 housing.

Mine with my 2.6 ed charger does about the same thing drop alot of rpms and pulls down at the end.I have been thinking of trying a .9 housing.

Me and you should have basically the same cam, piston setup. There are a few threads on here of guys have a similar issue and they all have one main thing in common. I dont know if that holds any merit but it does bring suspicions.

Me and you should have basically the same cam, piston setup. There are a few threads on here of guys have a similar issue and they all have one main thing in common. I dont know if that holds any merit but it does bring suspicions.

Well to add to that. I've got a htt66 on my truck now witch is a t3 and looks like a baby compared to my ed . But I pick up about a 1000rpm at mid track. It still pulls down at end of track. But It got moved my avg. to 300ft instead of 275ish
I'm only running a 12mm pump and ED 6x16s so that would make a different between ours as well

My truck is rumnning the same charger and also did the same at one hook this year when my bilge pump quit when I was lining up. All my other pulls it stayed pretty consistant at about 4000-4500 at the end. I would probably look into a water-air intercooler if you don't already have one.