Race TC opinions, Single vs Triple vs ?

BBRam

Just For Fun
Subject, 95 RC 2wd, 12valve, 47RE, 4 link, Narrowed 60, 22.5x33x15 Hoosiers, end weight 5000# + -
Truck should certify to 8.50's. Looking to run high 10's out of the box, then improve upon that.

I'm guessing the TC may need some special attention, but where might be a good place to start?

TIA,

BRIAN

I'm running a custom DTT single. However I've heard good things about Jeff Garmon TC, Suncoast, and ATS Triple. Not sure what the ProMods are running for TC's.

I have a DTT single and a Goerend triple to work with. Or maybe something else would be better to work with?

Goerend did mine. I've been happy while the truck has its training wheels on this last year. We'll see how it does when the power is turned up this season.

Anything special Brandon, or any secrets you'd care to share? lol

Call Jeff Garmon or Phil Taylor..Their numbers are in my Sig.!

Phils building a cool new 4 disc that has some customs goodie's inside.....I Think that will fit your needs Big Time!!!

David

What Stall Speed Are You Looking For And What Kind Of Horsepower Are You Going To Be Making And Are You Running Twins Nos Need More Info For The Right Converter To Be Chosen

Your a Mod on CF aren't you! They didn't give you an "Absolute" answer to what t/c is the best :hehe:. I'm surprised, there are alot of "Clint Cannon" :cheer:'s over there.

What Stall Speed Are You Looking For And What Kind Of Horsepower Are You Going To Be Making And Are You Running Twins Nos Need More Info For The Right Converter To Be Chosen

Stall, Not sure what it's going to take yet.

HP, Looking for 700+

Twins, BD R-850

NOS, Later if needed.

hey brian. my trucks near 700hp and ive got an ATS 5star. now i wouldnt have bought it if i had built the trans but it was in there when i got the truck. it seems to work pretty good though. if i ever have to go through it again im goin goerend.

So what are you really hoping to get out of this thread?

I've seen little to no actual converter tech in here yet, just a bunch of comments about what brand of converter everybody is running.

My best suggestion for you is to determine who you want to build your converter then call them up and see what they recommend. Having the hp/torque number your motor makes will help a lot in getting closer to the right converter the first time. IMHO you're fooling yourself if you think it will be perfect the first time out.

My suggestion would be to consider a bolt together converter for quicker stator changes and repairs.

i wonder where he could find one of those?

Besides monster pump mike, there are plenty of other companies that make bolt together converters. You just have to look outside of the usual diesel converter suppliers.

Honestly, I'm not sure why more companies haven't started making them. Probably not a real demand for them, considering that there aren't a lot of fast diesels when you compare it to the usual race car crowd.

probably because if they start making them more easily serviceable or rebuildable to the buyer they wont make as much money when one gets burnt up cause they will be able to rebuild it instead of dropping another $1000+ for a new one

probably because if they start making them more easily serviceable or rebuildable to the buyer they wont make as much money when one gets burnt up cause they will be able to rebuild it instead of dropping another $1000+ for a new one

Welded together converters are rebuildable too, just not as easy to do unless you have a lathe.