RAM 2000 #5 Build Thread - 2012 - Stoker 12V

"I am just not a fan of was is essentially pre-WWII technology anymore."

I didn't see harley davidson mentioned anywhere in this thread.LOL

No I would puke if I opened that and there was a 12V a 3RD Gen. OK but a 4TH Gen. nope. Need's a CR.

I want it. Plain and simple. I do want a price when completed. Maybe I can own number 6 ;)

Triples and a 47rh manual vb.

Game on! LOL

"I am just not a fan of was is essentially pre-WWII technology anymore."

I didn't see harley davidson mentioned anywhere in this thread.LOL

I Know, Right!!! lol

The 12-valve Cummins basic design principles have been around long before it was actually designed/produced. It is a very archaic design, that said it worked (works) perfectly in the applications it was originally intended for. Did you guys not put two and two together??

Personally, I would be much much more inclined to buy one of these half-ton Rams Jeff is building if it had a modern engine in it (CR).

Last edited:
You know I'm a CR guy as well... That'd be my pick but I'm not the one with the money and the know how... I just know how to post pics and Jeff doesn't wanna bother.. lol

So ....

I have both styles of Trucks and for the I want to tinker myself kind of Guy that I am I think what he is doing is Awesome! Get er Done Jeff!

Just picture this. Your driving down the road and poof your engine quits. You say to yourself ****. I better pop the hood and check everything out. Damn must be a sensor issue. Well i better call a tow truck or a buddy. Guess what? No cell phone service. So you start walking down the road. You hear a faint noise and as your walking it becomes clear. Theres a boy sitting in a tree with a banjo. Then you think to yourself, **** i wish this was a 12v. I could get it running with a stick and some chewing gum.

Last edited:
Just picture this. Your driving down the road and poof your engine quits. You say to yourself ****. I better pop the hood and check everything out. Damn must be a sensor issue. Well i better call a tow truck or a buddy. Guess what? No cell phone service. So you start walking down the road. You hear a faint noise and as your walking it becomes clear. Theres a boy sitting in a tree with a banjo. Then you think to yourself, **** i wish this was a 12v. I could get it running with a stick and some chewing gum.

So you're saying it happened to you around Garberville?

well said sir, well said!

That's it exactly

12v for the WIN. I can't wait to see it! I'll be back HOME in Georgia in two weeks.. may have to take a trip. My electronics are forked up in my truck anyway so I need to make a phone call to the shop.

This truck is gonna be SICK!!!!!

Curious as to what happens when you go to get a late model truck inspected that is vin’d to be a gasser but is a diesel conversion. I believe most states have emissions testing now do they not?

Curious as to what happens when you go to get a late model truck inspected that is vin’d to be a gasser but is a diesel conversion. I believe most states have emissions testing now do they not?

If you lived in my ****ed up state you would be screwed. Your better off building a pre 97 truck. Still doesn't mean that you can't get a gross pollution ticket.