Ram50

I'll have to dig out my receipt or maybe TMONEY is watching and would know right off about the turbo sizing.

You also need to revise your HP goals to about 700 on fuel, and 1,000+ on spray....you're going to make a lot of power with that setup. As for injectors, I run 5x25s on my 1st gen from Scheid and I am happy with them. Street drive the truck quite a bit too.

Thanks JQ, we have some 5x25's installed now. I would be very happy with 700hp on fuel, but, with the non-lockup convervter, I doubt the dyno will tell the truth. I'm planning a trip to Antrim Diesel in March to find out.

Last edited:
You might be surprised, especially if it will turn some rpm. If they're measuring rpm, they should be able to give you a Gear Ratio : MPH graph that you can calculate converter slippage from. What converter did you end up going with?

The converter is a 13" from FTI. Same place I bought the glide. I know I would have been better off with a lock-up glide and will no doubt end up with one before its all over with. Those fellas with the bad to the bone 70 Chevelle with Duramax power are running a Hughes glide. I read on their facebook page that Hughes has developed a lockup 13" converter specifically for their application as the little one they were running couldn't hold the power.

I don't know why I do the things I do sometimes. I knew going into this project that the lock-up glide was the best bet. I can't remember why I just didn't go with it in the beginning. I'm gonna call FTI Monday and see if maybe I could return this glide and go get me a Hughes lock-up.

I wouldn't worry yet, remember Wade and Banks are both non-lockup, and lock-up is harder on shafts and the rpm drop can create issues. I think you'll be fine with the 13 inch converter.

Last edited:
Are you going to be dynoing on there big taylor dyno? That thing is a heart breaker for pickups. From what ive heard they cant get the water out of it fast enough at high rpms. Idk if they have a smaller dyno.

Also check out spring fling its also in march. Held at dave guys racing in dillsburg pa always an awesome time and im sure there will be alot of people that would love to see the truck there.

Antrim has a pickup Dyno. I ran my little red rattler on it when we had finished up the p-pump build in it. Laid down some good numbers for what we had.

Antrim has a pickup Dyno. I ran my little red rattler on it when we had finished up the p-pump build in it. Laid down some good numbers for what we had.

Not to derail, but what did it make?

Now that im thinking about it your right. i forgot about there pickup dyno day they usually have.

Hey 40ray, we were hoping to run up and dyno on a Friday then go to the Mason/Dixon drag strip on Saturday. I was hoping to schedule it so we could test and tune with the Bad Medicine truck. ...would enjoy seeing ya there.

Bad medicine is in GA getting a nice suspension built for it, excited to see how it does myself this year.

Bad medicine is in GA getting a nice suspension built for it
I'd love to see it make one good solid all out pass. Then, to top it off, come around and make another one. lol I'd say with some weight reduction, this will be possible.

I remember now why I didn't go with a Hughes lock up glide. After speaking with them today, it just doesn't make good sense at this point to spend $10,992, before shipping, for this trans. I think it is worth the money and if I were shooting to be the fastest, I'd have one. So, we are gonna give the FTI tranny a go.

We got the front clip all bolted up and made it removable by taking out two fender bolts on each side.

100_7364_zpseea3d888.jpg

100_7365_zps5197fd8d.jpg

We also borrowed the scales again to see if all the hard work paid off. No wiring, fuel, or engine & trany oil is in it yet. It is full of water. I would hope these additions won't add more than 30lbs. Anyone care to guess what she wieghed out at??????

Have you actually put the convertor in the bell and bolted it all up to be sure it fits? You will not be diss. with that fluid coupling convertor If they knew what they were doing. If not all convertor man. give a free re stall. If they don't nail it on the first go around Im sure they'll get closer on the second. It's why I passed along my convertor guys info, gas guys that are not used to building a stator for a diesel will using have some growing pains and may have to be patient with them to get it right. You could have gotten it right the first time with my guy and the convertor would have probably been around 325-400 bucks. I tried to save you some headache........

Hey Stock 600, yea everything is bolted up and all is good. I get free re-stall for a year with these guys.

You didn't want to guess at the weight?

I'm glad to hear it bolted up for you. Ya, the restall's will get you where you need to be eventually, just be ready to do the back and forth deal like so many of us had to do in the beginning to get it fiqured out. I'd have to quess that it weights 3150 w/o driver. A good true weight though is race ready, full of ALL fluids and ready to go down track minus the driver. I just re scaled my backhalved 260Z she's 2585# solo and 2819# with me aboard. Make sure to pay close attention to left. to rt. and frt. and rear bias. there's lots more to look at than the total weight.

Last edited: