Ram50

I read through the A1000 thread just moments ago and I'm pretty sure this is the pump route I will be going. One A1000 with a pre-filter very close to the cell and then a post filter and regulator right after the pump. From there, 10AN push lock hose to the P-pump.

On the regulator pressure, how much pressure should I be sending to the body of the P-pump?

Is a dual fuel inlet really necessary on the P-pump? If so, would I just Y the supply near the P-pump?

Does anyone know the thread size for the AN fittings that will thread into the P-pump?

Also, I don't think I'll run the voltage control deal with my pump. I'd just like to turn it on and let it pump.

Would you all recommend using a relay to power the pump or would a larger amp switch suffice?

I have a gauge tap fitting from the boys old airdog set-up that I'll plumb in line just before the P-pump.

Sorry for all the questions.

I would run one of their Eliminator Series Pumps, nearly twice the flow, for not much more dough. Hey, I should be a salesman :hehe:

Thanks Teaspoon. I bought the Model 3 base model. I also bought the stand. I should have bought one 20 years ago as it would have saved me countless hours. They have much more expensive models or additions to the model 3, but, unless you are bending day in and day out, I wouldn't see the need for that expense.

dvst8r, thanks for the reply. Your simple gesture will save much time in hunting the correct size fittings.

Big Blue24, I currently have a 5 gallon cell from a previous project that I think I'll go ahead and use.

I'm just a bit stumped on the dual regulator. I was thinking after seeing Snedge's setup that one reg was needed after the injection pump... more of a flow regulator than a pressure regulator. I need to read more on the threads I've found before I'll ask any more questions. My last search yielded over 300 pages. :bang

Here is a pic of the back of my pump. The fill tube welded on is for filling the pump with oil being it is self contained. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the OFV, but, if you can tell by the pics, please due tell. I'm really showing off my knowledge now. lol

100_7311_zps94840e80.jpg

JQmile, I was looking at those eliminators already from a reply you gave on another post. I may go that route.

I borrowed a sheet metal bender from a great friend yesterday and my wife sourced several large pieces of card board from her work. I'll need to head up to the local circle track store and get some aluminum sheeting. Did I mention I hate this kinda work??? I may just spend the day watching wild card games and researching fuel sytems. LOL

Overflow valve is or would be located at the front of the pump in between the head and pump. Awesome build!

Overflow valve is or would be located at the front of the pump in between the head and pump. Awesome build!

This is correct.

I apologize I should have been more clear in my description, I said backside of the pump as in the side not really visible, but it was really not the best use of words to describe a location.

I went down and took a look. It still has the stock OFV. After doing more reading, I guess you just pull the OFV out and eliminate it. Then, you have to run the external regulator.

dvst8r, unless I'm missing something, all the set-ups I've been looking at only have the one regulator after the IP.

With the boys reply and I went down & pulled the banjo bolt from the return port, I'm still sorta guessing here, but I think the OFV is the hole in the banjo bolt. I did not see anything inside the return port. So, with the installation of a full flow banjo bolt (eliminating the OFV) and the reg, I should be set.

By the way Craig, your mama is making ham & mashed potatoes for supper. You and Maddie come get some!!!

YUP!! with a side of cottage cheese and flaky biscuits!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the information man.
Looking foreword to seeing this thing get down the track!

...not sure if I mentioned it yet, but, I despise sheet metal work.

I sure wish card board was NHRA approved.

100_7313_zps1ec7d11e.jpg

100_7315_zps95e3fc91.jpg

100_7316_zps9c22e096.jpg

100_7317_zps4a6a09b1.jpg

Exhaust is complete except for maybe one more hanger. :thankyou2: Craig!!!

100_7314_zps9d62db62.jpg

100_7318_zpsd9f9551e.jpg

Lots left to do and March is just around the corner!!!

With the 13mm p-pump adjustable up to 900cc's, and any other info you might need me to supply, what injectors should I run? The engine currently has some DAP 5x16's

5x.018" is a common minimum sized injector recommendation for trucks running a 13mm pump.

I can't remember, what's the air setup on this truck as far as turbo(s)?

S480 with a spooling valve.

By the way Big Blue24, I forgot to mention we JB'd the soft plugs as you suggested.

As far as the dual inlet on the P7100 goes, instead of plumbing the second inlet into the front of the pump, could a fella use the other side port? This port is on the same side of the pump as the original inlet port and it is positioned near the front of the pump.

Also, it looks like the size of the original inlet and the outlet are M14x1.5.

Well, after several hours of searching, I found that this port can be used for dual feed. I also found the holy grail of fitting bolt sizes posted on here as a sticky!!

Maybe it is possible and my compd illiteracy prevails, but, when I'm searching, is their any way that the search will look for the exact phrase or words instead of breaking them up?

Thanks CompD

I like to search like this.
Site:competitiondiesel.com search whatever. For example. I'm looking for dual feed info

Site:competitiondiesel.com dual feed pump

Punch that into Google , Helps me.

Last edited: