Ram50

That's because those idiots don't know how to change their own oil.

Not the Shawn's (Murder Nova) fault.....today's "Internet News" consists of the most incredible things done in the past 5 years or so regurgitated with no new information. In fact, LESS information if possible.

Well, she's not for sale anymore.

Sans giving the little girl away, I've had no interest anyway.

With this winters work schedule and my lack of 'Git 'er done' right now, it is best I don't attempt the full round tube chassis just yet.

My new focus will be to utilize this chassis and install the BMW powerplant. I think it is safe to say that with the cummins at full power potential, we could have gone at least high 3.9's in 300'.

So, my goal for next race season is to best the cummins theoretical high 3.9's with the 3.0L BMW powerplant.

Would it be best to continue on with this thread or create a new thread????

Is made all kinds of interest in the internet. Keep it going man!

Well, she's not for sale anymore.

Sans giving the little girl away, I've had no interest anyway.

With this winters work schedule and my lack of 'Git 'er done' right now, it is best I don't attempt the full round tube chassis just yet.

My new focus will be to utilize this chassis and install the BMW powerplant. I think it is safe to say that with the cummins at full power potential, we could have gone at least high 3.9's in 300'.

So, my goal for next race season is to best the cummins theoretical high 3.9's with the 3.0L BMW powerplant.

Would it be best to continue on with this thread or create a new thread????

Reason for going with a different engine ?

Reason for going with a different engine ?

Because arch has a crazy way of thinking! Pretty sure he's going to tell you to save a massive amount of weight. Can't wait to hear the 3.0...still planning on the mechanical pump plan?

The A-pump is not very rpm friendly.Even a stock 10mm plunger still has a single helix.I've played with them in the past, 10 and 12mm custom (wimmers) .Eventually went P-series in the end on my VW.I'm currently running a P3000 at 1/4 crank speed with 13mm plungers and 2 lobes per plunger on the 1.9L.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb2A4QzoEUQ

Depends on how many cc's and at what rpm that you plan on running the engine at.The A-pump can survive at lower rpm's.

Yes. I believe he has better video's of doing a 9k burnout, and going down the track over 6k.

Last edited:
The A-pump is not very rpm friendly.Even a stock 10mm plunger still has a single helix.I've played with them in the past, 10 and 12mm custom (wimmers) .Eventually went P-series in the end on my VW.I'm currently running a P3000 at 1/4 crank speed with 13mm plungers and 2 lobes per plunger on the 1.9L.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb2A4QzoEUQ

Depends on how many cc's and at what rpm that you plan on running the engine at.The A-pump can survive at lower rpm's.

Thanks for posting. You know it is amazing how projects of this nature slip past me. I'm not like a internet cruiser or anything, but, I do spend Sunday mornings looking for the cool chit that may be able to help me. Chit just like this.

Imagine the 183 cube BMW tickling those rpms????

Andy2, I'd like to ask you some questions. Can I ask them here or would you prefer a PM.

Well it looks like the P-3000 is the same physical dimensions as the P-7100.

Andy2, you might want to give this place a look. I have a feeling this fella would argue with ya on your A-pump results.

https://www.facebook.com/dieselmeken/

He has a vid somewhere showing his RPM customers pump over 8000rpm.

I've ran over 8000 rpm when I had the A-pump.The problem is that it would only last so long before the plungers would lock and the rack would jam.Apparently the larger the plunger then the less likely it will survive high rpm.The 10mm bosch lasted for a while.If you were to run 8.5,9 or 9.5mm then It would take more abuse for longer.Our A-pump had lots for work done to it.

We had the cam re worked,stiffer plunger springs,AG gov with lightened weights,delivery valve mods,rack mods etc....Also supplied with a fass at 55 psi and lots of stanadyne lubricity.

The guys across the pond seem to be more determined to make things work I guess.I've heard of many high HP TDI's and mercs running either VE/VP or inline inj pump over there.

If you max out a smaller plunger then injection duration is longer.We choose to run a larger plunger (13mm) at half speed to let it survive and keep duration within reason.I don't use much rack travel to put out plenty of fuel for my engine.My half speed system has yet to be proven a real success though.If the weather holds I might get out this weekend for testing,Fingers crossed.

There are some that say common rail should do the job too...

I don't want to sound like an idiot, but, I pretty much am an idiot when it comes to pumps so please keep this in mind.

OK, you are turning your pump at 1/4 crank speed, right??

Normally it would turn at 1/2 crank speed, right??

...and your custom cam has two lobes per plunger??? Thus allowing two injection events per four crank rotations.

Now if I have this right so far; I best quit here 'till I get a reply.

You have it right. How much hp would you be looking to make from the 3.0 ?

700HP is the target HP. I'm thinking that's where our cummins is now, however I have no dyno time with the cummins. The P-7100 on the cummins is set at 650cc's.

If I'm thinking correct, I'll need the same amount of fuel and air with the 3.0BMW to get to the target HP.

Another consideration especially for us is the sheer weight of the P-3000/7100 v/s the A-pump.