reese style hitch

It looks to me like there is an inch of travel - and it takes a lot of load to get it to travel that inch - but its there.

It looks to me like there is an inch of travel - and it takes a lot of load to get it to travel that inch - but its there.

I'm not even a puller but I can see it has travel

I'm guessing the guy whining got beat by one of these trucks?
Chris

I know 2 of the guys with gripes about the setup don't even pull , so I would consider them to be pretty unbiased .

What your not telling them Jason is how far it's drawn down! How much weight it took to get it to that point. The downward travel isn't possible without 10k weight in the back. You do stuff like that and then think your being smart about it. In your thinking a soild setup will still have travel with enough weight above it. Jeff

Jeff - in the rules that state there must be travel I have never seen where there was a weight requirement to achieve that travel. So Jason (PT) is preloading the chit out of the suspensions - I don't see where preloading is illegal either - in fact I have come to realize that preloading is a HUGE benifit and wish that I had done something similar to my old red truck. Solid allows for no movement between the axle and the frame - this setup still has travel. Travel is the only requirement the rules give you.

The spring pack is preloaded and made into one big spring! I had three low boy spring mine set down on so when it hit them i can promise u it didnt move! It can have that much inbetween that nut but I bet if we took marker paint and makred the nut then let him hook it both would not have paint on them!

duh I see it now. Now I get the big picture of whats going on. Trying not to look at stuff the way you want to see it is sometimes hard lol

Jeff - in the rules that state there must be travel I have never seen where there was a weight requirement to achieve that travel.

This is 100% true and something I pointed out a couple years ago....the redneck way of doing it was to have the tech jump on the hitch to see if he could get most of that 1" or 2" or whatever the rule was.

One truck, they had to have 5 guys in the bed all jumping at the same time to get it, but they let it go.

I said they should have specified a weight that when placed in the bed would yield the required travel, but again, that was waaaaaaaay too complicated for a pulling organization :rolleyes:

Solid suspension just made it easier on everyone.

I have a set of 16x12 mickey thompson wheels and a set of 16x13 real wheels and both clear the drums. The MT wheels dont even really go over the brakes because of the 4.5 backspacing. The real wheels cover the drums and the backplates and no clearances issues. I like your complaint that you cant run a 16inch rim. You choose a newer truck why not change the brake setup to run a different rim.

im complaining that I know guys that dont run brakes and I have to to fallow rules... I can t run the cheaper and smaller wheels because I CANT CHEAT... what it come down to is in 2011 watch me be the biggest dick when I bust all these mofos for not havn brakes...lol

:blahblah1:Yep this topic we are on is worthless cause we took care of this problem with solid suspension!:woohoo:

Well there outlaw you are running into the grey area there too! If u call all these boys out they will call u a cryier or whinner! But if u follow the rules and no one else is u give them an unfair advantage!

Well there outlaw you are running into the grey area there too! If u call all these boys out they will call u a cryier or whinner! But if u follow the rules and no one else is u give them an unfair advantage!

so be it..lol Im tired of spending 100 more per tire for sts because i need 17's lol. and 50 more per wheel.

There are a few that don't have anything from the backing plates on. Bad thing is one that i know of drives his everyday:umno:

Well, OK, if guys aren't even running backing plates, then you're gonna win the protest.

For us it's $500 cash to protest, so one better be pretty damn sure. If a guy was running backing plates and had even a fake line on it, I don't think I'd go for it unless I saw something concrete...

im complaining that I know guys that dont run brakes and I have to to fallow rules... I can t run the cheaper and smaller wheels because I CANT CHEAT... what it come down to is in 2011 watch me be the biggest dick when I bust all these mofos for not havn brakes...lol

If you only run COTPC don't worry about not having rear brakes because that rule will not be enforced @ COTPC events.