reese style hitch

No Dude, we weren't adjusting hitch heigh Its how PT sets his suspension up. He lowers the rear to bite harder. We raised it some to help with the truck falling under the turbo then we lowered it back to the way PT had it. I think this thread is DERAILED lol

PT I call B.S. on this. I have looked and looked and even helped one of them adjust there suspension this year. There is absolutely NO downward travel and never was.

If you wanted travel you just need the run the bolts up farther until the bolt head had travel between it and the axle tube. If you need to raise the truck up and keep travel put the rear blocks back in.

00.jpg

If you wanted travel you just need the run the bolts up farther until the bolt head had travel between it and the axle tube. If you need to raise the truck up and keep travel put the rear blocks back in.

00.jpg

Not even close to the setup pt or ecc is talking about

man I just wanted to Know what you guys consider a reese style hitch is now we are talking about suspension blocks and what knot

Crap, ill hae to call them up to see if i can just buy stickers.

I have a buddy that owns a sign shop and he just makes the stickers for me. We had a fellow puller put a drawbar on his truck mounted way up by the cab. On the end he put on a reece weld on reciever tube and then slide his hitch into it. He purposely bought the reece brand and made sure the sticker was visible.

Last edited:
I have a buddy that owns a sign shop and he just makes the stickers for me. We had a fellow puller put a drawbar on his truck mounted way up by the cab. On the end he put on a reece weld on reciever tube and then slide his hitch into it. He purposely bought the reece brand and made sure the sticker was visible.

Better rules will read "Receiver style, and then proceed to tell you the particulars.

The simple minded that write down"REESE" Style, still have an out when wannabe hot shots run up to the cab.
If I were them, I would point out, it says Reese STYLE, JR, not REESE STICKER.:rules:

Get yer torches out or go home.

Here, have some cheese with your whine.LOL

And, for the persistent grey area stretcher is the most important line in any rule book,:
"Tech Decision FINAL.":clap:

The wording Reese Style is dumb anyways. Everybodys opinion is different, then people have to have 4 different hitches to pull with different people. As long as nothing goes in front of the rear axle, and the hitch doesnt move with the suspension or anything that would make it trick style, i dont see what the big deal is.

00.jpg

Don't even try! Dude you have no concept of how he does it. And trust me when he sets his suspension up its not for travel. With a few leaf springs missing and his block setup its waaaay different then what you posted. Sorry for the off topic **** but you have got alot more out of this thread than what you bargined for :)

The wording Reese Style is dumb anyways. Everybodys opinion is different, then people have to have 4 different hitches to pull with different people. As long as nothing goes in front of the rear axle, and the hitch doesnt move with the suspension or anything that would make it trick style, i dont see what the big deal is.
I agree, As long as its behind the rear axle as PT posted one of the first threads and the hitch is rigid, not moving or hooked to the axle than you should be good.

Lets see a pic of this setup.
Here you go guys. I went out back today and took a picture of the suspension stops on Milby's old truck. They were built 3 years ago so they are a little rusty from sitting out but you can still see how they work and that they are not solid unless you run the nut all the way down.:eek:wned:

HATE THE GAME NOT THE PLAYER!!!

HPIM3951.jpg

Yep!

What your not telling them Jason is how far it's drawn down! How much weight it took to get it to that point. The downward travel isn't possible without 10k weight in the back. You do stuff like that and then think your being smart about it. In your thinking a soild setup will still have travel with enough weight above it. Jeff

Like I said. Weres the nut in the pic you showed. All the way down. SOLID OWNED LMAO

Last edited:
#1 that nut isn't all the way down and
#2 Whats it matter if it is if solid suspension is allowed??

Like I said. Weres the nut in the pic you showed. All the way down. SOLID OWNED LMAO

Actually the nut is all the way down on the top of the stop. It looks like it will go down if you put alot and alot of weight. What he is doing is preloading the suspension big time. It does not appear to be solid to me.

It appears to me that someone doesn't understand mechanics very well.

I agree, that is not solid by any means. It probably takes a lot of weight to get it to come down that extra inch but you could do that with some heavy springs also. We do that same with all of our trucks around here also.

Just because it takes a ton of weight to get it to move that inch doesn't mean it's illegal. If you rules state it must have travel, then it is perfectly legal.