reese style hitch

*bdh*We cant be talkin about the same chasis shop that set up a few trucks with one inch of travel in there rearends that moved a inch up and not down! This was back when the 2.6 trucks had to move a inch! :rules: He is the master of turning black and white to grey!

Letting you guys run suspension stops down to prevent travel is not a "solid suspension". The way PTP does it is stretching a grey area,to the breaking point,but since the entire rest of the class wanted to do away with 1" of travel, and nobody asked for a wording change to prevent shenanigans, we let them have it. I dont think any of them realize how your trucks take advantage of that rule.

However the advantage of losing your spring packs is a few hundred more pounds up front, from the rear, and the advantage of moving them inboard is obviously a different spot for your tires to track,, and get more width if you wanted and stay under the 102.

Still have working brakes in there right?

All I heard was screaming about protruding the horsepower back on the turbos, to keep the class where it should be kept, and then you play games like this.
If you think the way the rules are written allow this, you would be wrong. If it makes you feel better we can amend the rule to say stock location, thats not a problem.Next you will be bolting the cab on backwards(using same holes!!!) for some backwoods crazy idea.

You guys would be further ahead money wise to build a 3.0 with all your modifying the grey areas.:clap:

Merry Christmas!!!

Why did you guys post the rules for 2011 if you plan on changing the wording because you see something you dont like. I think it would make it kinda hard for guys to build trucks if you change the rules after they are posted costing them even more time and money.

Rules

This is the problem around are area. He(PT) is in charge of the rules and then does stuff like this! Then he wonders why the classes DIE! Just like the old gasser days with prostock, Now prostreet is dead. It's never for the better of the classes. It's how can I better my trucks that I work on. That's cool it got me back into drag racing where the rules are stable and only change when it betters something that everyone will benifit from. Rock on everyone and have a marry christmas. Jeff

As long as this is being applied to a PowerStroke, I'm fine with it LOL

PT I gotta hand it to ya for creativity-in-gray-area points :D

"Why did you guys post the rules for 2011 if you plan on changing the wording because you see something you dont like. I think it would make it kinda hard for guys to build trucks if you change the rules after they are posted costing them even more time and money. "

There needed to be a rule clarification on interpretation-not because the rule needed the meaning changed, but because someone "declared" it meant something else on the internet.
I clarified the original meaning, and asked if it needed a word or two to make it clear. No rule change.

So to clarify, the rules are the same from 08-2011.

To be crystal clear, if you put your friggin springs inboard the frame for NADM 2.6 class, you will be bumped to 3.0.

*bdh*We cant be talkin about the same chasis shop that set up a few trucks with one inch of travel in there rearends that moved a inch up and not down! This was back when the 2.6 trucks had to move a inch! :rules: He is the master of turning black and white to grey!
You really need to quit listening to what your buddy says because he has already proven he doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to pulling trucks:doh:

If you need help understanding how my 1" of travel set ups work stop by the shop and look @ Milby's old truck it is still set up w/the 1" of DOWNWARD TRAVEL just like all of the 2.6 chassis I've done. If that doesn't help I can draw you pictures also.

How do you tech brakes? I know a couple truck that didnt have them or werent functioning.. but how would you check this?

Only way I know of is to jack the rear, spin 'em, stop 'em. If you have a spool you almost need a floor jack...and I've never seen anyone teched or tossed because of it, so I would say enforcement is probably loose in this area.

A guy I knew made it kinda obvious by just plugging the end of the line and left it in plain view...

I always tell guys that you can go into the grey area but then if the tech officials don't see it your way you won't be pulling and you will have to re-do all of the work again. The other thing is if you get into those grey areas you will always be known for being one of "those guys".

Well only reason I would ***** is because the guys that do this are guys that like to run a smaller wheel say a 15x12 or even wider or say a 16x12 or 14. the third gen guys cant clear a 16 or 16.5 so we are stuck with expensive ass tires and wheels. I have 18's so doesnt matter to me.. but weight could be a 100lbs or so also.

"As far as cheating goes, they'll never stop it. The only way it can be done successfully, only one person can know about it.” Smokey Yunick

Cheating was easier before Algore invented the internet, and guys keep blabbing.

Brakes

Well only reason I would ***** is because the guys that do this are guys that like to run a smaller wheel say a 15x12 or even wider or say a 16x12 or 14. the third gen guys cant clear a 16 or 16.5 so we are stuck with expensive ass tires and wheels. I have 18's so doesnt matter to me.. but weight could be a 100lbs or so also.

You mean the select few that aren't even runing rear drums shoes backing plates and hardware in the 2.6 class right:rules::doh:

If you need help understanding how my 1" of travel set ups work stop by the shop and look @ Milby's old truck it is still set up w/the 1" of DOWNWARD TRAVEL just like all of the 2.6 chassis I've done. If that doesn't help I can draw you pictures also.

PT I call B.S. on this. I have looked and looked and even helped one of them adjust there suspension this year. There is absolutely NO downward travel and never was. I have seen the trucks in the 2.6 class you have setup lift rear wheels coming off the track because they were so rigid/lack of travel. I don't really care and never *****ed once about it. Just sayin I don't agree with you on them having downward travel

PT I call B.S. on this. I have looked and looked and even helped one of them adjust there suspension this year. There is absolutely NO downward travel and never was. I have seen the trucks in the 2.6 class you have setup lift rear wheels coming off the track because they were so rigid/lack of travel. I don't really care and never *****ed once about it. Just sayin I don't agree with you on them having downward travel

If they don't have downward travel then WTF was you adjusting on their suspension???? That big bolt and nut is what controls the amount of suspension travel you have. (If you loosen the nut the suspension raises and gives you 0-2" of travel and if you tighten the nut down all the way it makes the suspension solid):what:
My susp. blocks were simple and easy to tech and adjust. It's not my fault some of you guys weren't smart enough to understand the concept and how they worked. Yes maybe some of the trucks did lift the rear wheels when coming off the track, that is very easy to do when you only have 1" of suspension travel UP or DOWN.:doh:

If they don't have downward travel then WTF was you adjusting on their suspension???? That big bolt and nut is what controls the amount of suspension travel you have. (If you loosen the nut the suspension raises and gives you 0-2" of travel and if you tighten the nut down all the way it makes the suspension solid):what:
My susp. blocks were simple and easy to tech and adjust. It's not my fault some of you guys weren't smart enough to understand the concept and how they worked. Yes maybe some of the trucks did lift the rear wheels when coming off the track, that is very easy to do when you only have 1" of suspension travel UP or DOWN.:doh:
PT we were adjusting how high the rear of the truck was. NOT how much travel was in the suspension. It must be a dodge thing becuase my truck never left the ground with one inch of travel:blahblah1: Like I said I don't even care but just think that there never was travel downwards with your setup. Just my opinion. Don't get your panties all in a wad. I think i even called the move with the duals packed up under a single wheel bed. I new damn well you were going to do this when coming up with how unsafe the dual wheels are on single wheeled truck. it looks like the only place you will be legal with that setup is COTPC:poke:

Last edited:

I have a set of 16x12 mickey thompson wheels and a set of 16x13 real wheels and both clear the drums. The MT wheels dont even really go over the brakes because of the 4.5 backspacing. The real wheels cover the drums and the backplates and no clearances issues. I like your complaint that you cant run a 16inch rim. You choose a newer truck why not change the brake setup to run a different rim.

PT we were adjusting how high the rear of the truck was. NOT how much travel was in the suspension. It must be a dodge thing becuase my truck never left the ground with one inch of travel:blahblah1: Like I said I don't even care but just think that there never was travel downwards with your setup. Just my opinion. Don't get your panties all in a wad. I think i even called the move with the duals packed up under a single wheel bed. I new damn well you were going to do this when coming up with how unsafe the dual wheels are on single wheeled truck. it looks like the only place you will be legal with that setup is COTPC:poke:

Sounds like the owner of the truck had it setup with no travel and thats not PT's fault. The bolts on a setup like that can be adjusted for 1inch of travel and when all the way down solid can change the rear height. Why were you using the stops to adjust the hitch height why not a adjust the hitch itself. Its a very simple concept. Im guessing the people complaining have never even seen his setup and just goin on hersay.

I don't know about the rest of you, but if you read these threads long enough, you will learn something!

:blahblah1: here we are again Eric *bdh*!:badidea: Dont question the almighty! :bow: He says it and soon you will have him with his chizel and hammer and his block of stone!:rules:

Sounds like the owner of the truck had it setup with no travel and thats not PT's fault. The bolts on a setup like that can be adjusted for 1inch of travel and when all the way down solid can change the rear height. Why were you using the stops to adjust the hitch height why not a adjust the hitch itself. Its a very simple concept. Im guessing the people complaining have never even seen his setup and just goin on hersay.

No Dude, we weren't adjusting hitch heigh Its how PT sets his suspension up. He lowers the rear to bite harder. We raised it some to help with the truck falling under the turbo then we lowered it back to the way PT had it. I think this thread is DERAILED lol

Last edited: