Restrictor Tube Discussion

yes the 6.4 can do 700 on stock apearing chargers....

You said "Stock appearing"... NOT stock. 6.4 bone stock turbo's won't do 700hp.

Cheetah's are stock appearing and have done 750hp in single pump work stock trucks. Stock DMax VNT's won't do much past 550-600 at the very best.

The problem with work stock is that most of the tech guys at pulls don't care to know that an actual stock dmax comp wheel has 11 blades etc etc. They'll look at the charger and say.. "that's stock, go ahead" or the same scenario could happen with a 6.4 with mod'd twins.

WOW lots of rookies in here that think W/S is for beginners ask some of the elders about Dale calender and his reign in W/S in the DHRA LOL dunno if I still got it I had a vid of dale pulling the wheels in his red dmax man it was awsome

shhh workstock is all about 300hp and no smoke remember...gotta keep it fun for kids in daddys farm truck!

I guess what I'm saying is that you are relying on the tech guy to have intimate knowledge of every brand of turbo out there and all of the ways that people can play the gray area... Which is asking a lot.

But if you put a tech plug in the guys hand and tell him to look for bushed covers then it makes things much easier.

You said "Stock appearing"... NOT stock. 6.4 bone stock turbo's won't do 700hp.

Cheetah's are stock appearing and have done 750hp in single pump work stock trucks. Stock DMax VNT's won't do much past 550-600 at the very best.

The problem with work stock is that most of the tech guys at pulls don't care to know that an actual stock dmax comp wheel has 11 blades etc etc. They'll look at the charger and say.. "that's stock, go ahead" or the same scenario could happen with a 6.4 with mod'd twins.

why do you think I worded it like that pal? rules state stock apearing...I like the rules and once again in no way do they benifit me compared to others but I dont cry...makes it fun cause now I can run a 66mm that looks stock....and you can run modded twins on the 6.4...or the cheeth turbo etc....we're always gona find a way to bend the rules cause its just part of competiton in motorsports....when did I say stock 6.4tt would do 700?

I guess what I'm saying is that you are relying on the tech guy to have intimate knowledge of every brand of turbo out there and all of the ways that people can play the gray area... Which is asking a lot.

But if you put a tech plug in the guys hand and tell him to look for bushed covers then it makes things much easier.

now here I can agree, the tech is the most important piece of the puzzle but cant that be said for all classes....hes the tech so why shouldnt he know what hes looking at?

WOW lots of rookies in here that think W/S is for beginners ask some of the elders about Dale calender and his reign in W/S in the DHRA LOL dunno if I still got it I had a vid of dale pulling the wheels in his red dmax man it was awsome

Yes i remember Dale Calenders truck.. i wonder what happen to him, i heard he was building another.

To be honest though, ive only been to 1 pull in the last couple years with a workstock class. Maybe there bigger out east, but i dont see them catching on around here.

now here I can agree, the tech is the most important piece of the puzzle but cant that be said for all classes....hes the tech so why shouldnt he know what hes looking at?

Not every club, or every area has a person knowledgeable on all chargers, through all years, all aftermarket chargers, all possible ways to "modify" them, etc. I would be willing to bet, even the "experts" on here don't know "everything". A standard tube with a common plug and/or calipers could be teched by the masses. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).

Again, those that don't like fair competition or beating people fair and square will be against a restrictor as they exploit loopholes. Those that want to see fair competition (or as close to it as possible), with an easy way to tech, are for the restrictor (nomatter the class, with the exception of a true "unlimited" class).

There are other reasons for a restrictor (driveline longevity and safety), but that isn't the reason most are against it.

Not every club, or every area has a person knowledgeable on all chargers, through all years, all aftermarket chargers, all possible ways to "modify" them, etc. I would be willing to bet, even the "experts" on here don't know "everything". A standard tube with a common plug and/or calipers could be teched by the masses. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).

Again, those that don't like fair competition or beating people fair and square will be against a restrictor as they exploit loopholes. Those that want to see fair competition (or as close to it as possible), with an easy way to tech, are for the restrictor (nomatter the class, with the exception of a true "unlimited" class).

There are other reasons for a restrictor (driveline longevity and safety), but that isn't the reason most are against it.

I agree, i think it would be a good seperation from the 2.6 class. If you already have an 800-1000 hp 2.6 class, you really dont need a 700hp workstock class, after all isnt that what caused the death pretty much of the 2.8 class? 2.6 was getting too close, and people decided to jump down. If one class is not restricted pretty soon we will have workstock, 3.0, and mods.

why dont you argue the topic and not whats better than what....workstock is popular in southern OH/KY area

Im pretty sure i was until you came in. 2.6 is poplular out there too, both classes wont be around forever if there not seperated.

And to think some thought a restrictor would not limit hp, and the price would be too high.

http://www.scheiddiesel.com/uploads/files2/00104.pdf

:lolly: Come on now Weston we all know that the "Big" name shops sell one off custom pieces that flow 10199238387448 CFM lmfao! LOLLOLLOLLOL Some people will never get a grip on life and continue to rob those who are dumb enough to let them do so.
Brandon

And to think some thought a restrictor would not limit hp, and the price would be too high.

http://www.scheiddiesel.com/uploads/files2/00104.pdf

x2, tested a DMax today with a clipped 2.6 and then stuck the restrictor in front of it and it drop 170hp. The restrictor tube is at this point the only way to actually limit the power. I see it going to this in the future becuase the clipped chargers are not holding them back enough. Restrictor tube makes it a 700hp class not a 900+hp class like it is now.

Last edited:
From a technical perspective this is a slam dunk.

Now we just gotta get folks to buy in to the concept. I'm still a little worried that rookies and such may react rather negatively to the idea that they show up at a "work stock" hook and have to purchase a component and have it fitted to their truck in order to compete.

Gonna need a lot of support from the orgs and pullers to educate and help out.

Effectively killing the trick turbo market is going to be a tough one. I can imagine Scheid is lined right up for these......