Restrictor Tube Discussion

We talking 2.6 or WS?

you tell me, what class do you currently run? on second thought I really dont care....I like the current rules in all classes for next season and cant wait to get through the darn winter to see how it turns out...

And your missing the point that work stock is entry level, building a truck to dominate against street driven trucks, and people who dont pull regularly takes away from the sport too. I highly doubt anybody would get recognition for building a workstock puller that puts a beating on the rest of the workstock trucks.

a proven wining truck will get recognized no matter what class....I can think of a certain cr dodge with a Raw Diesel sticker that is well know in workstock....purpose built or not if it passes tech then good for them for building a *****in truck

you tell me, what class do you currently run? on second thought I really dont care....I like the current rules in all classes for next season and cant wait to get through the darn winter to see how it turns out...

2.8, 2.6 just depends on what there is and where. I guess I could go down and play in the WS class, except someone told me that you had to have a 7.3 to dominate that class.:stab:

2.8, 2.6 just depends on what there is and where. I guess I could go down and play in the WS class, except someone told me that you had to have a 7.3 to dominate that class.:stab:

y'all are really butt hurt on me talking up a Ford arnt ya?....bottom line is petrusion is good for the 2.6 class and needs left at that....if we keep throwing restrictions at any of the classes it just wont be the same IMO

y'all are really butt hurt on me talking up a Ford arnt ya?....bottom line is petrusion is good for the 2.6 class and needs left at that....if we keep throwing restrictions at any of the classes it just wont be the same IMO

Restrictor tube talk is for workstock, not 2.6. Theres a difference.

And nobodys but hurt about you talking up a ford, we all have seen them run.:lolly:

Restrictor tube talk is for workstock, not 2.6. Theres a difference.

duuhhh idc what class you wana talk about, restrictor tubes are gay....this is my opinion and we can argue it all you guys wantbif

I am not butt hurt a bit. I agree protrusion is a good for the 2.6. The restrictor tube could be great for WS. It will take care of the cheata chargers, and what happens with the 6.4 twin turbos? Aren't they good for 700HP?

I think fords have one built in dont they?:lolly:

Yea here I was saying build the restrictor tube to the power of an HX35. I guess should build it to pull the cummins and dmaxes back to the 7.3's.:lolly:

Who builds a bad ass setup for workstock? More people than you think....... Thats like takin steroids to compete in the special olympics. It keeps people from ruining and entry level class.

Guys push the limits of workstock and guys are pushing the limits of 2.6

Nothing wrong with it in the spirit of competition. Guys should push. The problem is the "limits". Pushing a tight set of limits will only get you so far. Pushing loose limits will produce a huge pack seperation.

I don't blame the people who build a purpose built truck and put 30 feet on the pack (I credit them for their determination), I blame the rules that allow them to do it....

Money CAN buy you footage, but there should be a limit as to how much it can buy you (in ANY class but the "unlimited").

The sport of truck pulling is a competition, seeing who can do the best given the restrictions placed on them. Alot of restrictions or a very few does NOT change that FACT. Those that feel restrictions kill competition, forgot what competition is about. The only thing heavy restrictions does is narrow the pack and piss off the guys that were dominating or spent a ton of money on trying to exploit the gray areas....or those that haven't been around long enough to see what it does to the sport. Threads like this only prove it.

I am not butt hurt a bit. I agree protrusion is a good for the 2.6. The restrictor tube could be great for WS. It will take care of the cheata chargers, and what happens with the 6.4 twin turbos? Aren't they good for 700HP?

Why is it good for one class and not another (especially if competition is competition)? What class do you pull in...? :what:

Yea, i beleive it could be a good thing too.. except you know as well as i do the rules here in missouri dont jive with anyone elses. With no water to air, and no duals, its kind of messes things up. It looks like most likely i will be pulling 2.6 this year, as i like to travel. I would like to see them allow fuel cells, i really dont want to put the stock tank back in. I guess if they allow bushings, as long as its protruded we could just put a 2.8 bushing in to pull around here, since there all pretty much set on having the 2.8 class.

i agree about a few of the rules being different in missouri. But the rules that are different are no a/w, rsv, and duals which you dont need any of those three to be competitive in 2.6 on a national level do you? Why not just put duals on your truck when you go to a pull were you can use them.

Why is it good for one class and not another (especially if competition is competition)? What class do you pull in...? :what:

Because the WS class your limited to stock appearing chargers. In the 2.6 class your swapping chargers already so you can put the charger on that best suits your truck.

I ran 2.8 for most of this year.

i agree about a few of the rules being different in missouri. But the rules that are different are no a/w, rsv, and duals which you dont need any of those three to be competitive in 2.6 on a national level do you? Why not just put duals on your truck when you go to a pull were you can use them.

The duals arent a huge deal, ive pulled them off and bushed down to pull 2.6 before, water to air kinda sucks, but ill make do im sure.

Guys push the limits of workstock and guys are pushing the limits of 2.6

Nothing wrong with it in the spirit of competition. Guys should push. The problem is the "limits". Pushing a tight set of limits will only get you so far. Pushing loose limits will produce a huge pack seperation.

I don't blame the people who build a purpose built truck and put 30 feet on the pack (I credit them for their determination), I blame the rules that allow them to do it....

Money CAN buy you footage, but there should be a limit as to how much it can buy you (in ANY class but the "unlimited").

The sport of truck pulling is a competition, seeing who can do the best given the restrictions placed on them. Alot of restrictions or a very few does NOT change that FACT. Those that feel restrictions kill competition, forgot what competition is about. The only thing heavy restrictions does is narrow the pack and piss off the guys that were dominating or spent a ton of money on trying to exploit the gray areas....or those that haven't been around long enough to see what it does to the sport. Threads like this only prove it.

People can do what they want, i think a restrictor is good for an entry level class, if people want to spend tons of money to kill the competition in that class, good for them. Id rather compete where theres bigger competition myself.

I believe the air restrictor could be successful in any class, will they be easily adopted, apparently not. I like the idea of using them in the Workstock Class, Mark was willing to test it, and wanted a 2.6" and that is what I sent.

Who builds a bad ass setup for workstock? Thats like takin steroids to compete in the special olympics. It keeps people from ruining and entry level class.

Plenty of people do. That's the progression of all sports... You don't start out with a PPE handheld and figure out that you like pulling and decide, screw it let's build a 2.6 truck...

You decide to build your truck to dominate the current class. Which is not an easy task. You'll need at least 700hp to win workstock at our next pull with a 2.5" inducer. We run no hanging weights, 8000lb max.

So it's very logical to build your truck up to win workstock because most of the parts will then carry you on to the 2.6 class. Add another pump, a weight bracket and swap chargers and you can hang in 2.6.

yes the 6.4 can do 700 on stock apearing chargers....

WOW lots of rookies in here that think W/S is for beginners ask some of the elders about Dale calender and his reign in W/S in the DHRA LOL dunno if I still got it I had a vid of dale pulling the wheels in his red dmax man it was awsome