Restrictor Tube Discussion

These people who think they are better and smarter than everyone is getting old.

We are dumb considering we have both won national events :doh:. Dummies FTW!
Brandon

Last edited:
We are dumb considering we have both won national events :doh:. Dummies FTW!
Brandon

Hmm, I thought you were dumb, just because your gene pool. Didn't know there was another reason. :lolly:

ITPA rules meeting over with and 2.8 is gone.. 2.6 protrusion is the way Indiana went.

These people who think they are better and smarter than everyone is getting old.

It will continue to be tested, if no organization wants to use it in any class, so be it. What I don't understand, usually when something is tested and the results are given, it is a good thing? It seems like you have a personal issue with this, claiming it won't work, yet you have no part in it?

Last edited:
Workstock is an introductory class, just made to get people involved in pulling. Maybe it needs to be a 2.4 restrictor.

Pretty much what I was thinking, but again I can't propose this without having test results. But, apparently doing independent testing and posting the results hurts people's feelings for some reason.

It will continue to be tested, if no organization wants to use it in any class, so be it. What I don't understand, usually when something is tested and the results are given, it is a good thing? It seems like you have a personal issue with this, claiming it won't work, yet you have no part in it?

If testing proves that it works, I'll shut up. but one test with one turbo on one truck, doesn't prove that it makes all the trucks more equal in the 2.6 class. I hope my grammer and spelling is correct here.:bang

Pretty much what I was thinking, but again I can't propose this without having test results. But, apparently doing independent testing and posting the results hurts people's feelings for some reason.

No, apparently someone questioning wether it would work or not hurt your feelings, so you had to say something about their spelling. Its funny, you say something about him not being involved in the project, yet do you even pull a truck yourself? I see you questioning everybodys opinions and ideas all over this site, yet you get butt hurt when somebody questions yours.... Classis comeback on the spelling, i hope your done wiping your tears now.

If testing proves that it works, I'll shut up. but one test with one turbo on one truck, doesn't prove that it makes all the trucks more equal in the 2.6 class. I hope my grammer and spelling is correct here.:bang

It's been said countless times that more testing will come, I still don't understand why there is such an arguement over a suggestion? No one if forcing this on anyone, some just think it is a viable option, and there is an interest in the results by many people, and a few organizations, even if there is none on your part.

Classis comeback on the spelling, i hope your done wiping your tears now.

Nice entrance into this topic.

Last edited:
It's been said countless times that more testing will come, I still don't understand why there is such an arguement over a suggestion? No one if forcing this on anyone, some just think it is a viable option, and there is an interest in the results by many people, and a few organizations, even if you are not.

Nice entrance into this topic.

I know, i really dont know how to spell classic, your awesome level just went up again.:bang

Rob, you have a PM, and I'll quit picking on people for spelling errors.

Now, to the handful of people that say "it's stupid" or "it won't work" in every thread this is discussed in; what if it does? In every thread I stated that I believed it will work if handled/tested properly. Many people are interested to see the results, should I stop now because 4 people don't want to see the results?

The restrictor tube has little to do with sled pulling as a whole, so the fact that I very seldom compete in sled pulling anymore is pointless. I do however work with many companies in varying areas designing/testing items to increase hp, this would be the counterpart, and could also be used in arenas other than sled pulling.

Actually it would be a duramax class.

If it flows the same as an hx35?

Why would you say that? I don't see any reason why it should be that way, unless you're saying that the Dmax advantage will be taken away from them. Are you worried about the Dodges on an equal-playing-field basis?

Well, because then the class would be based off of engine technology/standards that are 8+ years old. Stock turbo size is not the only advantage a dmax, or most newer trucks for that matter, have in the WS class.

Not to seem dumb. But when I ran go karts when I was younger we had plate classes and stock classes. They use different size plates between the carb and the intake port. Say stock is .675" and you put a .425 .500 .575 hole in a metal plate you have significant power differences.

Why could you not machine a cover out of billet that would slide over the turbo inlet with a set hole size and slide over what ever intake setup wanted. Use a no go plug to tech it. Mark it was some sort of anti tamper tag and go from there. If it goes in you are banned from any future pulls with that body.

Simple, Easy to tech, Price would be much cheaper then a bigger charger.

Just my 2 cents. We could still flow the fuel to the motor but didn't have the air to burn it. A spark plug would last 2 to 3 races and would be fouled very badly and lots of carbon.

Last edited:
We were/are already doing that with turbo's. Ever since Scheid 2 years ago everyone has been running bushed 2.6 chargers. The trucks are still making big power on that setup. That is why everyone wants to cut them back by going to a clipped wheel or trying smokem's idea of a restrictor.

Work stock is a great place for this restrictor, size it so it only flows what an HX35 will and call it good.

seriously? Restricting work stock is the gayest thing i've heard...might as well make it a "no smoke aloud" class....let 2.6 be with the current rules and enjoy watching the 800+hp trucks run the show.....

seriously? Restricting work stock is the gayest thing i've heard...might as well make it a "no smoke aloud" class....let 2.6 be with the current rules and enjoy watching the 800+hp trucks run the show.....

No way....work stock is the perfect place to run it. Gets lots more trucks included (trucks with street upgrades like a 64mm S300) and keeps domination hopefully in check.

Full agreement with Weston on this aspect.

No way....work stock is the perfect place to run it. Gets lots more trucks included (trucks with street upgrades like a 64mm S300) and keeps domination hopefully in check.

I agree also, now the big question is, will 2.8 be around next year since ITPA dropped it? If not, is there a need to restrict 2.6 trucks? Id say 2.6 to 3.0 is a big enough class jump.

what's wrong with domination?If I wanted bad enough to win every workstock pull In my 7.3 I have an Idea what it would take to do so and am confidant I could make it happen but lack of money and intrest to do so leads me to being okay with top 5....those on top will continue to stay there no matter how many bs rules are thrown at them$.02

I agree also, now the big question is, will 2.8 be around next year since ITPA dropped it? If not, is there a need to restrict 2.6 trucks? Id say 2.6 to 3.0 is a big enough class jump.

I can't see 2.8 being around this coming year, at least not at the national events. The elimination of 2.8 might be a good think, used in combination with a restrictor in the WS class.

650HP workstock
1000HP 2.6
1300HP 3.0

Looks like a good variety.