Restrictor Tube Discussion

I can't see 2.8 being around this coming year, at least not at the national events. The elimination of 2.8 might be a good think, used in combination with a restrictor in the WS class.

650HP workstock
1000HP 2.6
1300HP 3.0

Looks like a good variety.

Yea, i beleive it could be a good thing too.. except you know as well as i do the rules here in missouri dont jive with anyone elses. With no water to air, and no duals, its kind of messes things up. It looks like most likely i will be pulling 2.6 this year, as i like to travel. I would like to see them allow fuel cells, i really dont want to put the stock tank back in. I guess if they allow bushings, as long as its protruded we could just put a 2.8 bushing in to pull around here, since there all pretty much set on having the 2.8 class.

what's wrong with domination?If I wanted bad enough to win every workstock pull In my 7.3 I have an Idea what it would take to do so and am confidant I could make it happen but lack of money and intrest to do so leads me to being okay with top 5....those on top will continue to stay there no matter how many bs rules are thrown at them$.02

I don't think we need to have dominators putting 30+ feet on guys in workstock. That's an "everyman" class.

All the other classes, pro level, game on.

:hehe: Yeah right you could build a 7.3 to dominate workstock!!! LMFAO! Ford guys kill me....

LOL It's my lack of money that keeps me from building a Mach 1 Ford Fiesta....but am confidant I could make it happen... LOL

Last edited:
I don't think we need to have dominators putting 30+ feet on guys in workstock. That's an "everyman" class.

:hehe: Yeah right you could build a 7.3 to dominate workstock!!! LMFAO! Ford guys kill me....

and you know nothing lately on th 7.3...for all the workstock pulls i've been to loacally there wouldnt be much of a problem but hey thats another argument.....all i'm trying to say is there's no way for you to keep people from winning and why punish those who build a bad A setup to win the pulls?...but you fight for more restriction and I'll set here and listen to you keep complaining about the guys who put 30ft on the rest

LOL It's my lack of money that keeps me from building a Mach 1 Ford Fiesta....but am confidant I could make it happen... LOL

Mach 1? You must be talking a restrictor class, cause the open class would be Mach 2+!

I think you're missing the point...

Yes, in a class of 30, there will always be 29 losers and 1 winner. Agreed.

But I think what the restrictor will do is, keep the pack closer together, where you might start seeing driving and setup being far more of a factor. It will likely move more toward any of say 10 trucks could win on any given night based on how the driver approaches the track and sled. That's the purpose...sportsmanship versus deep pockets..

and you know nothing lately on th 7.3...for all the workstock pulls i've been to loacally there wouldnt be much of a problem but hey thats another argument.....all i'm trying to say is there's no way for you to keep people from winning and why punish those who build a bad A setup to win the pulls?...but you fight for more restriction and I'll set here and listen to you keep complaining about the guys who put 30ft on the rest

A winning 7.3 that has to be the gayest idea I have heard of! :lolly:

I know nothing about workstock pulling, but I thought the king of the turbos was the ones on the DMAX. Is that not the case?

But I think what the restrictor will do is, keep the pack closer together, where you might start seeing driving and setup being far more of a factor. It will likely move more toward any of say 10 trucks could win on any given night based on how the driver approaches the track and sled. That's the purpose...sportsmanship versus deep pockets..

Bingo, especially in the Workstock class, it lets the guys with 66 s300's play well.

I understand that much of it but what I dont see is the lack of a large close running pack as it is locally...obviously the guy with a 7.3 running a edge isnt gona be in the same pack as the custom tuned dmax hanging 800 pounds on the front.....every pull ive been to this year showed no blowout but did reveal atleast 5 well set-up high powered trucks that we're great to watch...who wants to watch the low powered guys anyways? you cant stop deep pockets and sportmanship goes both ways, kinda like crying because someone put 30ft on you and still passed tech...

Who builds a bad ass setup for workstock? Thats like takin steroids to compete in the special olympics. It keeps people from ruining and entry level class.

A winning 7.3 that has to be the gayest idea I have heard of! :lolly:

I know nothing about workstock pulling, but I thought the king of the turbos was the ones on the DMAX. Is that not the case?

blahblah ferds are gay whatever, that wasnt my point...point was if I wana win bad enough I will....

Who builds a bad ass setup for workstock? Thats like takin steroids to compete in the special olympics. It keeps people from ruining and entry level class.

I've seen plenty of purpose built workstock trucks...i'm not saying thats the cool thing to do but its common.....again those who wana win any given class will do whatever they have to to do so

blahblah ferds are gay whatever, that wasnt my point...point was if I wana win bad enough I will....

LOL, just bustin your jops! As soon as the reserve is met for my kidney for sale on ebay. Depending how much it brings I might trade my other one for a damaged one, so I can build me a dominating 5.7 conversion to dominate the WS.

I've seen plenty of purpose built workstock trucks...i'm not saying thats the cool thing to do but its common.....again those who wana win any given class will do whatever they have to to do so

True, but if they have something restricting them to 600hp, they might want to actually jump up to a class they should be in, and workstock can remain entry level.

So I guess the $$ isn't a factor??

LOL, just bustin your jops! As soon as the reserve is met for my kidney for sale on ebay. Depending how much it brings I might trade my other one for a damaged one, so I can build me a dominating 5.7 conversion to dominate the WS.

or stick with what you got and figure out how to dominate your local 2.6 class without begging for lower hp restrictions?:kick::rockwoot:

I guess you guys really dont get my point...yes a restricted class would benefit even myself but at the end of the day thats just taking away from the sport imo...I love seeing a purpose built truck get the recognition it deserves............and no, money hasnt been a factor for a while in this sport...

I guess you guys really dont get my point...yes a restricted class would benefit even myself but at the end of the day thats just taking away from the sport imo...I love seeing a purpose built truck get the recognition it deserves............and no, money hasnt been a factor for a while in this sport...

And your missing the point that work stock is entry level, building a truck to dominate against street driven trucks, and people who dont pull regularly takes away from the sport too. I highly doubt anybody would get recognition for building a workstock puller that puts a beating on the rest of the workstock trucks.