Restrictor Tube Discussion

Maybe the 3.0 class needs to make more power? worry about that, then would limiting the power in 2.6 be an issue?
Brandon

I like it! I hope we see it at a big event in the coming year(s).
I am curious to see the numbers on other trucks. Should be interesting to see how close together this can bring them.

I like it! I hope we see it at a big event in the coming year(s).
I am curious to see the numbers on other trucks. Should be interesting to see how close together this can bring them.

Depends on what they size the restrictor at. If they size it so an s300 is the max flow, the class will turn into a boring superfarm class. It also will make the progression from 2.6-3.0 possibly a little tougher. Also cut it back too far and the pullers won't buy into it.
What this will do is push the $$$ on camshaft design, porting, etc. It will reign the HP in, but I don't see it taking the $$$ out of the sport. Dyno time is not cheap.

I still conclude the perfect spot for this is the workstock(and I think Weston has said they are trying it there) at the level it will let the street trucks pull and help equalize the field. There is so much variation from year to year and make to make in turbocharger size. It might even bring the numbers back to the workstock. It will also let the folks who are complaining that the current 2.6 class has too much power, drop down with their s300's or the non competitive 2.6 trucks and they can play there.

Last edited:
Depends on what they size the restrictor at. If they size it so an s300 is the max flow, the class will turn into a boring superfarm class. It also will make the progression from 2.6-3.0 possibly a little tougher. Also cut it back too far and the pullers won't buy into it.
What this will do is push the $$$ on camshaft design, porting, etc. It will reign the HP in, but I don't see it taking the $$$ out of the sport. Dyno time is not cheap.

I still conclude the perfect spot for this is the workstock(and I think Weston has said they are trying it there) at the level it will let the street trucks pull and help equalize the field. There is so much variation from year to year and make to make in turbocharger size. It might even bring the numbers back to the workstock. It will also let the folks who are complaining that the current 2.6 class has too much power, drop down with their s300's or the non competitive 2.6 trucks and they can play there.

The root of this.
Brandon

Didn't much of this start because of complaints stemming from the 2.6 class? Bushings/protrusion/"true 2.6"/etc...... Pullers aren't "buying into" a set set of rules at this point. What would be the difference?

It seems like the proper channels are being researched at this point to figure out if this is a valid option for the upcoming years. If it will be better for the future and longevity of the sport then it should be done. If it turns out that it doesn't work we are out a $150 bushing that is now a good paper weight. That is better than being out a $1500-$3000 custom turbo IMHO.

We will have to wait and see what happens. I don't make the rules so I am going to sit back and watch.

Didn't much of this start because of complaints stemming from the 2.6 class? Bushings/protrusion/"true 2.6"/etc...... Pullers aren't "buying into" a set set of rules at this point. What would be the difference?

It seems like the proper channels are being researched at this point to figure out if this is a valid option for the upcoming years. If it will be better for the future and longevity of the sport then it should be done. If it turns out that it doesn't work we are out a $150 bushing that is now a good paper weight. That is better than being out a $1500-$3000 custom turbo IMHO.

We will have to wait and see what happens. I don't make the rules so I am going to sit back and watch.

BOB, COTPC, and ITPA looks like they are having a very similar rule package. I think the Missouri folks might be on board with it also.

2.600"x1.5" x3"long total

This would definitely be alot cheaper for the puller than having multiple chargers that cost big bucks.

If we have rules and lock them and can go state to state that have the same rules why the need for multiple turbos?
Brandon

Work stock needs to be 2.5 protrusion, no clipped wheels. Having said that you better bring 700hp to be competitive at a midwest work stock pull, right mark? :D

That truck has a stock cam and an air to air. We'll have it over a 1000hp on the same turbo next time we hit the dyno, which should put the clipped wheel power at 875-900hp.

I just think people need to accept the fact that 2.6 is very competitive and if they want to b!itch, stay in workstock, but again you're only 150-200hp off of 2.6 power.

Work stock needs to be 2.5 protrusion, no clipped wheels. Having said that you better bring 700hp to be competitive at a midwest work stock pull, right mark? :D

That truck has a stock cam and an air to air. We'll have it over a 1000hp on the same turbo next time we hit the dyno, which should put the clipped wheel power at 875-900hp.

I just think people need to accept the fact that 2.6 is very competitive and if they want to b!itch, stay in workstock, but again you're only 150-200hp off of 2.6 power.

Work stock is a great place for this restrictor, size it so it only flows what an HX35 will and call it good.

Then it's not a workstock class...it's a 2nd gen cummins workstock class.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Perhaps, but everybody will be pulling through the same restriction, so why is it an issue? Workstock is an introductory class, just made to get people involved in pulling. Maybe it needs to be a 2.4 restrictor.

Last edited:

Why would you say that? I don't see any reason why it should be that way, unless you're saying that the Dmax advantage will be taken away from them. Are you worried about the Dodges on an equal-playing-field basis?

It would be really cool to have a test session where everyone runs their normal stuff for the first round, and then repeat the entire class with the tube.

I don't believe this tube is going to be as turbo-sensitive as some people are thinking. If you had a supertrick charger with additional airflow features in the shroud area, you are gonna take the biggest hit, but you were pretty well away from everyone else to begin with. One thing I would like to know (as others have mentioned) is how much impact this has on a box-stock S366 or similar. It will have some impact but I'm guessing it will be small.

I look to this being a field tightener, nothing more. To what extent, we won't ever know until it's done on the track. I hope it doesn't put everyone too close together. One good thing that may come of it is, it will make setting the sled more straightforward!

It will also be a field shortener, depending on what bore is chosen.

Last edited:
The part was just received this week? We will continue to keep testing it. But the fact remains, some people are working on this, and some are just saying it won't work. Your arguement might hold more water if you spelled either restrictor or Le Mans correctly also.

What the he!! does spelling got to do with the way your restrictor works?

You better believe it!

Brayden is 100% correct on this one. It is the nature of competition so you guys need to decide what you actually want. No matter what the rules become, the same guys will be out front becuase they are putting 200% effort into winning, not just "having fun". My guys won the 2.6" points chase in BOB and COTPC and NKTPA and I still think that the rules need to be changed. If you don't want to change them I am ok with that too, lol. I just build them to the rules to win. It is all good to me.:ft:

Brayden is 100% correct on this one. It is the nature of competition so you guys need to decide what you actually want. No matter what the rules become, the same guys will be out front becuase they are putting 200% effort into winning, not just "having fun". My guys won the 2.6" points chase in BOB and COTPC and NKTPA and I still think that the rules need to be changed. If you don't want to change them I am ok with that too, lol. I just build them to the rules to win. It is all good to me.:ft:

I agree, i would like to see 2.6 2.8 and 3.0 all be able to stay, but with the looks of it, there might only be 2.6 and 3.0, which is a pretty big jump. The best thing that could happen is everyone get on the same page, everybody likes attending the national events, but its hard when everyones rules are going in different directions.

Back