Roll Call For Hilmar Ffa Pulls

Yeah, I'm definatley not gonna make this one, going to the Truck & Jeep fest on Saturday in Ontario to find me some new tires(STSs):rockwoot:

Joe

C'mon now........

I thought you said it was your daughters bday, now you're out hunting for tires... :poke:

Hilmar should be a solid turnout.

Daughter's bday? Must have the wrong guy Jp cuz I got two boys.....:what:
Trust me, I wish I could make this one but the wife is leaving town for her brother's 30th bday and I am on kid watch so it's a no go. But at least I can make it to the truck fest, should be some excellent prices on STSs.:rockwoot:

Have fun and get good video!

Joe

I'll hopefully go to watch, wanted to pull, but no hitch yet and want to test the truck out first...I've been lagging.

Trust me, I wish I could make this one but the wife is leaving town for her brother's 30th bday and I am on kid watch so it's a no go. But at least I can make it to the truck fest, should be some excellent prices on STSs.:rockwoot:

Joe

Who knows what I was thinking. I must have been thinking of Russ' reason for not making it.

good luck with the STS, doug sure did good with them.

Those are for east coast tracks and trucks, I'm sure there are much better tires for our high quality tracks.

Joe

Those are for east coast tracks and trucks, I'm sure there are much better tires for our high quality tracks.
And those would be........?:what:

I'll take my chances, an STS will be much better than the narrow BFG mudders up front right now.

Joe

And those would be........?:what:

I'll take my chances, an STS will be much better than the narrow BFG mudders up front right now.

Joe

I picked up a set of 33" claws. I'm not running them in hilmar, but they should be on by ceres. Everyone says they suck for pulling, but I wanted to try them anyway. It would be nice to try them back to back with an all terrain type tire to really see what the difference is on a loose track.

went well for the others but im ashamed of my run

Congrates to the winners, did anyone get some video footage?

G-dubs no need to be ashamend, we all have bad day's just figure it out and get back out there :Cheer:

BBD

Congrates to the winners, did anyone get some video footage?

G-dubs no need to be ashamend, we all have bad day's just figure it out and get back out there :Cheer:

BBD

If you look up hilmar truck and tractor pulls on you tube there is a few. She and her family have pro stock trucks and we were pulling at the same time. But she usually gets good vids! Let me know if anyone finds others cuz I'm trying to get some research done on my pull :doh: good turn out! Hope to see some of those trucks at ceres on sunday????????

I came in second in extreme diesel. Spooling the twins setup is altogether different than the single -- a bit of a learning experience for me. I let the clutch out WAY too quickly. I regained my composure and let it out a little more smoothly on the second attempt. The track seemed to have lots of hook at the line.

At about 100 ft., the truck cut the fuel WAY back. I think I was on the rev limiter too hard, and it defueled. From about 100 ft. to about 250ft, rail pressure was about 10-12k and the truck was just putting along. Finally, out of nowhere, the rail pressure spiked back up to about 26k at the end of the run. Pretty evident in the vid.
YouTube - Hilmar Truck Tractor Pulls

Antony--

how did you do? 1st? how many feet?

went well for the others but im ashamed of my run

It's tough to dial in a leaf sprung front end -- they always want to bounce.

I thought you did everything you could do. If you didn't break it there, odds are you aren't going to break it in ceres.

see ya next week.

jp

If you look up hilmar truck and tractor pulls on you tube there is a few. She and her family have pro stock trucks and we were pulling at the same time. But she usually gets good vids! Let me know if anyone finds others cuz I'm trying to get some research done on my pull :doh: good turn out! Hope to see some of those trucks at ceres on sunday????????

We got a couple of the videos. I'll see if my friend can put them up.

How many people are planning to go to Sonora?