Rules for 2010 pulling season

Hell I dont know what you think I have done to my truck.. It is being built for NADM 2.6. Same class I pulled last year hot street Listie and Smithton. My truck has never had water on it or NOS. It was an SOVP last year to boot!!

General Rules Apply

3. Street Diesel trucks must be driven in.

4. Tires must be factory size dot tires 33-12.50.

5. Duals allowed no oversized duals.

6. Stock appearing turbo.

17. No laptops allowed.

I don't pull with you guys but after reading the rules, this is what I would ask...

So the truck must be driven onto the track or onto the fairgrounds (for example)? You can't trailer it in or no tow vehicle to the line?

Tires must be factory size dot tires but it lists a specific size? What came with 33-12.5 from the factory?

What exactly is an oversized dual? are you talking track width or height or spacing?

stock appearing turbo....

no laptop? why not say no efi live? You only need the laptop to make changes right? In other words they could run EFI live without the laptop in the truck during the run? (I don't know)

a plow mount is allowed but an aftermarket bumper is not?

I don't pull with you guys but after reading the rules, this is what I would ask...

So the truck must be driven onto the track or onto the fairgrounds (for example)? You can't trailer it in or no tow vehicle to the line? Street must be driven in. This class is for a strictly street drive truck. How many guys are going to haul a street truck any distance for basically no money or a trophe.
Tires must be factory size dot tires but it lists a specific size? What came with 33-12.5 from the factory? DOT up to 33/12.50

What exactly is an oversized dual? are you talking track width or height or spacing? Nothing hanging out past the fender with spacers.

stock appearing turbo.... There isn't an org out there pulling the cover, especially on a DMax. It has to be stock to the truck.

no laptop? why not say no efi live? You only need the laptop to make changes right? In other words they could run EFI live without the laptop in the truck during the run? (I don't know) This rule was pushed for by the management of Listie.

a plow mount is allowed but an aftermarket bumper is not? A lot of guys do actually use there truck. The rules are all up to tech.

The wording for some of the rules were twisted as this was all done on line, no face to face.

at least one organization is going to be teching stock turbos against factory specs (pulling covers to check hot and cold side) then tagging them for the WORK STOCK class. Right move IMO.

Org. is Battle of the Bluegrass.

no computers is dumb because it's 100% ineffective at stopping what they are likely trying to stop - use of EFI Live. Don't even need it for logging and any changes would be made prior to pulling anyways. Just a waste of ink to have that rule. And don't feed me line of garbage about it being a safety thing of it flying around in the cab. If you're going to try and say this is a street truck class with real street trucks or work trucks they might not have laptops in them but they'll have everything else imaginable in there from clotches, boots, tools, chains, spitter bottle, empty dip cans, empty cigarette packs, hats, etc. All just as "dangerous" as a laptop being in there. Point is, it's a completely useless rule and won't change anything (other than the trucks won't have laptops in them going down the track :p )

As for the tires... real street trucks can have plow mounts cause they are work trucks and need and use them but if a real work truck also happens to run 35" tires (which many Dodge and Ford trucks can and do) then it's a no go?? There's a contradictory argument. I don't see a need for any tire stipulations other than DOT, not cutting, studs, and all the other typical jargin for tires. But I don't get the height limitations for any of the classes.

And not being able to be towed to the facility on a trailer is just ignorant. If it's more than about a 30min drive to the house. Heaven forbid someone break and be 2 or 3 hours from home and no trailer. That's just irresponsible and not wise. There used to be a rule like that around here in the late 90s, early 2000's and guess what? The folks towed into the nearest town, unloaded there somewhere and drove in the rest of the way. Again, complete ineffective rule for what they are trying to have it for - limit the amount of streetability taken out of the truck to be a track only truck. You simply can't stop that with the no-trailering rule. We've been there, tried that and it clearly doesn't work.

Some 1990s era rules there. Very brushpull-ish. And I guess that's fine if that's what the folks pulling there really want and not be in line with any kind of modern day pulling rules and regs. Be a unicorn.

C-ya

Last edited:
haha im just saying u def had enfough fuel for the charger...:ft: :hehe:

I take that as a compliment considering it was done with a VP44..

How do you know what charger I ran where? I would pull one night and change chargers the next morning, I do have an S475 and S465 easy to swap out..

first there was a DOT tire rule...then when hearn came with a set of 15.5 DOT tires they changed it to a specific size DOT tire...everytime somebody cries they change the rules...

first there was a DOT tire rule...then when hearn came with a set of 15.5 DOT tires they changed it to a specific size DOT tire...everytime somebody cries they change the rules...

His tires hung out 5" past the fenders, and a hood stack. The rules listed above are Street not 2.6 that he was pulling.

my point is it dont matter how many people help set up the rules all it takes is one guy cryin cause he lost and they get changed and that goes for any class

Your point?? So where is your prostreet truck at??
This thread is just another pointless CompD thread now.. When ever you guys reveal your real names it might be worth something!!

Back