s467.7 FMW

well its an auto, full manual VB. TC is a DPC reman so its like 100-150 lower than stock. Going to run 20* for now. Just debating some cheap compounds or a larger single. Maybe if I can scrap enough dough together looking at a gtx4088r as a single

I ran my 469 that Chris built me on my daily driver 12v. Like it was my ONLY vehicle daily driver. :hehe: Stock head, stock cam, stock exhaust manifold, and stock intercooler. With a 2100 stall converter it wasn't bad. But man did it make me learn how to drive like a grandpa. With my AFC setup and the way the pump was benched was actually what made the difference. Most pump shops will bench a pump at 220-240cc at idle, and mine was set at 175cc at idle. Biggest tuning factor right there. Paired with a stock GSK in the AFC the AFC didn't move till 27-30psi and bottomed out at 65psi. If I needed to speed up I just manually pulled it to second, and itd speed right up with a semi thick haze but nothing like black out status.

The real question is where is this cast version part number?

You guys with autos seem pleased. I'm interested in this turbo as well (i'm noticing it's becoming extremely popular). I've never ridden in a manual trans truck, before and after a turbo swap. Since you can't change the stall with stick shift, what's it like to run one of these 467.7's with a manual vs a stock turbo? how bad is it to drive daily? I'm hearing rave reviews on these things, but it's pretty much always from guys running autos. I'd love to get my hands on one for $500!

I'm doing it with a 1400 stall, and it still tows. I'm not a huge fan of it that low, but I tried to re-stall and goerend accidentally made me another 1400 stall LOL Figured the amount of work to change it and the time to wait for another one with shipping costs wasn't worth the effort. So I'm still at 1400.

One thing I've learned the last few weeks, is it likes EGT's, if you aren't afraid to run a little smoky, it'll spool even faster. I've got mine all but tuned out (off idle), so it takes about 7 seconds to spool at a stand still (due to low stall also). If I start spooling with already high egt's, it takes about 2 seconds. I know that sounds like common sense, but a lot of people will overlook that.

I ran my 469 that Chris built me on my daily driver 12v. Like it was my ONLY vehicle daily driver. :hehe: Stock head, stock cam, stock exhaust manifold, and stock intercooler. With a 2100 stall converter it wasn't bad. But man did it make me learn how to drive like a grandpa. With my AFC setup and the way the pump was benched was actually what made the difference. Most pump shops will bench a pump at 220-240cc at idle, and mine was set at 175cc at idle. Biggest tuning factor right there. Paired with a stock GSK in the AFC the AFC didn't move till 27-30psi and bottomed out at 65psi. If I needed to speed up I just manually pulled it to second, and itd speed right up with a semi thick haze but nothing like black out status.

I'm actually curious about this pump info your talking about. I'm running an oddball pump and I think it's hurting me.

I'm actually curious about this pump info your talking about. I'm running an oddball pump and I think it's hurting me.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it is a rack setting at idle, which will be what the pump puts out CC wise before the AFC allows the rack to advance. I know its just CC before AFC advances, just can't remember how exactly they adjust/set it.

I thought idle was just set off rack position, thats why theres a set screw. I didn't think you could set CC's at idle, and then different cc's at different rack positions, it's not like ppumps are really variable.

The fmw wheel is supposed to be, but I couldn't tell you what.

I was recently told that the 67.7 cast is the exact same profile as the fmw, just slightly lighter but not quite as durable. If this is true maybe I will give the cast one a try. Does anyone have pics of the cast 67.7 wheel?

Where it be?!

onondaga drag way. i'll send you the info on book face

I have the cast wheel in mine. I was told it flows the same as the fmw and is 2 grams lighter. Only major differnece is the "durability" which I havent heard of any failures of the cast even with nitrous.
And mine was a lot cheaper than most since its cast and comes with the standard cover.
I was pleased with it for it being a s400 charger. (i just liked my twins better for a dd)

i know of one cast s468 that failed. not sure when it died but i do know it was over 70psi of boost and both wheels touched the housings. was on a p-pumped 12v.

I was recently told that the 67.7 cast is the exact same profile as the fmw, just slightly lighter but not quite as durable. If this is true maybe I will give the cast one a try. Does anyone have pics of the cast 67.7 wheel?

cast 67.7

IMG_20131010_174545_044.jpg

IMG_20131011_132536_385.jpg

I have beat on my cast 67 for two years now. A couple dyno pulls and bunch of street miles, I've driven it pretty hard and it just keeps on ticking. Only around 60# boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought idle was just set off rack position, thats why theres a set screw. I didn't think you could set CC's at idle, and then different cc's at different rack positions, it's not like ppumps are really variable.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the rack is what dictates fuel flow isn't it? The more rack travel you have, the more the barrels turn and flow more fuel? It isn't neccesarily a "variable" setting. Just what the pump flows before it advances, and what it flows after it advances.

I have the s467.7 FMW and I love it. I currently have stock fuel and have no issues lighting it with a 1.0 housing. granted do have a 6.7 but I'm also stock fuel. but here are some pictures of my set up.

[[ame="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/ericzane/media/20140331_173629_zpsib9jr9nu.jpg.html"]20140331_173629_zpsib9jr9nu.jpg Photo by ericzane | Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/ericzane/media/20140328_111758_zpsnqe1jyx7.jpg.html"]20140328_111758_zpsnqe1jyx7.jpg Photo by ericzane | Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/ericzane/media/20140328_100408_zpskfjluvim.jpg.html"]20140328_100408_zpskfjluvim.jpg Photo by ericzane | Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/ericzane/media/BD120EFD-7298-42A1-B5AC-8D89C5E6DB43_zpswv31w8ud.jpg.html"]BD120EFD-7298-42A1-B5AC-8D89C5E6DB43_zpswv31w8ud.jpg Photo by ericzane | Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/ericzane/media/C122EFF5-0637-4F6E-BD51-7C9A0196E530_zpsksxpcomu.jpg.html"]C122EFF5-0637-4F6E-BD51-7C9A0196E530_zpsksxpcomu.jpg Photo by ericzane | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
cast 67.7

IMG_20131010_174545_044.jpg

IMG_20131011_132536_385.jpg

How do you feel about the cast wheel? I am leaning toward cast due to the cost savings and reading where it performs the same as the FMW. As well as the FMW offers a slightly stronger, more durable wheel.