Sacramento Raceway October 10 Pulls

Anyone have an estimated time the Diesel trucks will pull at? I wanna come and shoot some pics since its in my backyard but i have to work till about 8:15. If the Diesel's dont pull till about 8:30-9 then ill come out...

I bet your good, if it starts at 7, then we probably won't hit the track till 9 for sure. Maybe Brian can chime in with an estimated time since he probably knows more on how many trucks will attend.

Joe

KTXL (the local FOX affiliate here in town) aired about a 15 second commercial about the pulls on the 10PM news on Wed night. They showed one of the multi-engined tractors and I believe the RAT PATROL country modified truck, unfortunately no diesels. At least the event is getting some commercial coverage.

i need to see bbd in all its glory, i should make this one! is there a big diesel class at this pull?

I saw the ad on Channel 31. Nice, It is also on the Radio.

:soap: I am not sure why Hangtown Sledpullers is mentioned, I (we) are not apart of this. In January when I talked to Sacramento Raceway about this pull, SRW was very excited and we had big dreams for the pullers and spectators. Since this is a stand -a-lone pull ( No Fair or other event), We talked about having vendors for everyone and a BBQ for the pullers (at no coat to us). We all know how much it costs to attend an event, why not give back. (This was already lined up prior to talking with SRW for the first time). SRW wanted to meet with MLM, I passed on the #'s and SRW decided to go exclusively with MLM. :soap:

Bottom line is We are pulling in Sacramento Ca. Hopefully for years to come.:snoop:

Here are the pics from the news :)

Attachments

• IMAG0190.jpg
    IMAG0190.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG0191.jpg
    IMAG0191.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 21
thats the ones they just showed again around 2230 tonight on Fox 40, no mention that I heard of any specific promoter.

Its all good, lets just promote the sport and get a nice foot hold right here in SAC.

I dont know who is paying for the ads, but they must want to see it advance here as well.

Last weekend we had diesel truck drags, this weekend pulls, we could be opening up a brand new market.

Ya I saw a commercial on tv for it and heard it on the radio.
Also I just got my truck running tonight, new torque converter, injection pump, and turbo so we'll see how it runs. Got some more work to finish up tomorrow but I'll see ya guys out there.

See everyone out there tonight. I dont know how the track is set up but hopefully i can get close enough to get some pics...afterall i do shoot FOR Sacramento Raceway's drag racing events so i hope there isnt a problem...

Heres a link to the (few) pics i got: QuarterMileDesigns - Saturday

You diesel trucks are a lot harder to shoot than drag race cars. Most pulls are at night and my flash and the dust/smoke from the trucks dont work well together...so, i apologize for the bad quality in advance.

nice pics, great turn out both in trucks and spectators for a first ever sledpull here in SAC.

lots of driveline carnage on a very sticky track.

I talked with track officials from SAC raceway and they are already talking about more pulls at the raceway.

yea i missed this one. i planned on getting my new injectors in and getting a buddies turbo and injectors done but ended up starting on it late so didnt have time to drive to sac, looks like a fun time and good turnout.

Not as good as I expected but that's what I get for changing all that stuff and all I did was a few burnouts to make sure it ran and went through all the gears. I'm happy though, it ran good and nothing broke, in the pics the smoke barely even clears the sled so probly need more air, it's only got an S465 on it. I got 3rd in street and 6th in super street.
It was a pretty good turnout for the first time event, hopefully there is more next year cause I like that 30 minute drive.
Nice pics Steven
We didn't have time to mess with the timing so were gonna bring it up and head to Modesto Saturday.
Let us know how ya do Cole ;)