Sacramento Raceway October 10 Pulls

Slipping clutch...SB 3650 non SFI come to find out it was defective from the get go. Clutch has 2Kmi and 1.5 hooks on it.

Peter@SB is hooking them up with a new 3850 SFI so that NEVER happens again!!!

A little common sense would have saved the bellhousing and whatever else got tore up. Although the pile of shiny parts afterwards was cool!

Lucky she still has her feet attached. I saw jeep on nitrous explode the bellhousing, and the driver wasn't so lucky.

Glad you got her home Doug, keep us posted.

BBD

Damage was only minor fortunately. Brake line sprung a leak right on exhaust maniforld causing the fire, thought the fire did no damage just burned the fluid. Both starter tabs broke off causing the starter to fall down on the cross member. So engine is fine. Should be back in action later this week.

Again thanks for all the help guys!

Doug

Very nice pics and vids. It was fun being there watching and hanging out with some of the people there.

Scott

A little common sense would have saved the bellhousing and whatever else got tore up. Although the pile of shiny parts afterwards was cool!

Common sense really has nothing to do with a defective clutch. The driver was told that the clutch would hold, so the driver thought that the tires were slipping, so like everybody else...stay in it till the run is over.

It wasn't until the clutch was pulled was it noticed that the clutch was defective.

So I give the driver props for doing as well as they did and glad no one got hurt!!!

Like I stated earlier, Peter@SB is stepping up and replacing the defective clutch with one that will work flawlessly, so something like this NEVER happens to this truck/driver again!!!

Awesome Event =) I wanna give Melissa mad props for what she did:clap:She is very lucky!!!! For the people who said she didn't know what she was doing needs to zip it!! She has more common sense then u know.Be careful guys....girls might be takin over the sport lol:rockwoot:

Thank you for the support! This event was only my second time pulling and as the driver I did exactly what I was told keep it floored until I see the red flag or until Adam starts waving for me to stop. I saw neither until it went BANG! Thank you to Peter at Southbend for replacing the clutch! And congrats to Randee for kicking some of the boys butts!!!

Awesome Event =) I wanna give Melissa mad props for what she did:clap:She is very lucky!!!! For the people who said she didn't know what she was doing needs to zip it!! She has more common sense then u know.Be careful guys....girls might be takin over the sport lol:rockwoot:

Randee, congrats on your performance at the pulls.

Scott

Just wanted to let you know if it were me and the motor was wound up that high and I was hardly moving I would have thought it blew off the tires big time or the clutch was slipping and I would have at least peadaled it or looked in the mirror to see if there was dirt comin off the tires. Not tryin to make fun of her in any way as it was only her second pull ever and sometimes it gets a little confusing driving. Just wanted to let 2007 5.9 that common sense had something to do with it.
Also what was defective about it? Cause I remember when we put in my cousins they sent the wrong fork and it was not fully engaging and it was slipping bad, was yours the same thing?
Common sense really has nothing to do with a defective clutch. The driver was told that the clutch would hold, so the driver thought that the tires were slipping, so like everybody else...stay in it till the run is over.

It wasn't until the clutch was pulled was it noticed that the clutch was defective.

So I give the driver props for doing as well as they did and glad no one got hurt!!!

Like I stated earlier, Peter@SB is stepping up and replacing the defective clutch with one that will work flawlessly, so something like this NEVER happens to this truck/driver again!!!

Wasn't sure how to edit but also, congrats randee nice pulls. You goin to modesto Saturday?

Youre right, common sense has nothing to do with a defective clutch, but it has something to do with whether or not the clutch explodes and destroys the bellhousing and anything else in its path. Yes there is a lot going on during a sledpull and for a rookie driver its a lot to handle, but there is a big difference between a slipping clutch and spinning tires. Load on the motor, dirt flinging from tires, speedometer...
Someone that was there with the truck watching should have given her a signal to stop.

Like anything, its a learning experience, and I am sure we will see her back out there again! Good luck with getting the truck fixed :Cheer: