Schied HRVP or I.I. HRVP

366ci_cummins

I'm torn between which one i'm gonna like the best. Can anyone help me out a little bit on which you guys think is better??

I have II HRVP and really like it. I would go with the II just because of the price.

i have found that the II put is a little cheaper, just didn't know about performance end of it

Are you replacing your stock pump because you need one?

I have an II pump and like it, but I have zero experience with Scheid's....

I personally would stick with an SO pump since those are the pumps with the highest numbers right now. That and they are significantly cheaper than a HR pump.

shoot brad i think you need to go back to pedal power and pedal that tricycle around all the time like back in the old days.......

Still dont understand how the so pump makes more power than the hrvp.

scheid pump has the lopey idle, II pump doesnt. never had any complaints with either that ive sold. I'd stick with the SO pump if it was me and youre tapping the wire.

feelmecummin said:
scheid pump has the lopey idle, II pump doesnt. never had any complaints with either that ive sold. I'd stick with the SO pump if it was me and youre tapping the wire.

My II had a poor idle. It seems to be luck of the draw with it. If I were to do it over, I'd pass on the HRVP and stick with the SOVP. Thats if you want to stay with the VP. ;)

It wasn't a constant lope, very erratic. Made backing the truck up or taking off in second real jerky. I thought it was the clutch, but since I did the swap, its nice and smooth taking off in any gear. It surged at light throttle, wouldn't defuel fully when coasting, so it was a bit annoying.

Tate said:
It wasn't a constant lope, very erratic. Made backing the truck up or taking off in second real jerky. I thought it was the clutch, but since I did the swap, its nice and smooth taking off in any gear. It surged at light throttle, wouldn't defuel fully when coasting, so it was a bit annoying.

Thats exactly the way my friends was. He went through 2 II HRVPs. It wasnt a lope like you would expect, very strange sounding.

I'm runnining a scheid hrvp. Idle is very erractic, only under no load (park or neutral).

I made 440hp 947ftlbs with drag comp, jammer 3 nozzles, hrvp, dtt tranny, and stock turbo.

It seems to make decent power, imo!

As far as worth the money, I don't know. My truck died going down the road with a trailer so I had to get a new pump. I like it tho!

With big injectors, the Scheid pumps idle smoother than a stock pump.

-Tom

feelmecummin said:

I had a friend that just put the Schied HRVP44 on. He was actually wanting the lopey idle, but it didn't have it except for right when it was fired up for the first time. That's without injectors too.

so it looks like im 6 on way and half a dozen another.

I thought about going with the schield pump for the simple fact and not a lot of people have them and i deal with them alot.

Keep the input coming guys...... i need it haha

If your gonna buy a HRVP go and buy the Scheid pump its a good pump that makes a bunch of power, especially when you start playin with real big injectors, like bigger than a 7x14.

-Tom