Schied HRVP or I.I. HRVP

behrdzl said:
I'm runnining a scheid hrvp. Idle is very erractic, only under no load (park or neutral).

I thought that was that big cam you had in it LOL

I run the Scheids pump and love it. I put it on my truck in place of a perfectly running pump so the increase wasnt just due to poor performance of my old pump. The idle is a little rough but something I actually like. Dan, Brad and the rest of Scheids are first class as far as help goes. For what its worth Dennis Perry ran the Scheids Lightning pump on the TS drag truck well into the 10's before they P-Pumped it. Pretty sure they could have run ANY pump out there and they ran that one.

are you still running the stock lines????? And is anybody running .093 lines on HRVP w/auto

I am running the stock lines but opened up the feed tubes. There is another truck near me that runs the .093 lines, Scheids pump and big sticks. You can read about the pro's and cons (seems to be more cons) to them all over online. Thats why I didnt run them. Way too much other stuff to buy before I considered them. I'm currently collecting parts for a P-pump swap. How soon are you thinking you need/want one?

Tcolesanti said:
If your gonna buy a HRVP go and buy the Scheid pump its a good pump that makes a bunch of power, especially when you start playin with real big injectors, like bigger than a 7x14.

-Tom

has anyone see dyno #'s or track times to back this up?

from everything i have heard there were no gains over 500hp form a HRVP to a SOVP

Scott

Graphic Man said:
has anyone see dyno #'s or track times to back this up?

from everything i have heard there were no gains over 500hp form a HRVP to a SOVP

Scott

Tim Albiston's drag truck proved this on the dragstrip.

-Tom

I don't remember the exact times off the top of my head, I will have Craig Johnson post about it.

-Tom

I went from a perfectly good SO pump to a Scheid HR-VP44 and could notice a big difference. The SO pump was a lot less responsive than the HR pump is and the SO pump wouldn’t smoke with the box turned off and the HR pump will roll coal for days with the box off and the same injectors. I didn’t run it on the dyno after the swap but there is a very noticeable difference between the two. I got lucky I guess, because myn doesn’t idle rough, and I don’t have big injectors in it. So my vote is on the Scheid pump.

Rob_Bones said:
I went from a perfectly good SO pump to a Scheid HR-VP44 and could notice a big difference. The SO pump was a lot less responsive than the HR pump is and the SO pump wouldn’t smoke with the box turned off and the HR pump will roll coal for days with the box off and the same injectors. I didn’t run it on the dyno after the swap but there is a very noticeable difference between the two. I got lucky I guess, because myn doesn’t idle rough, and I don’t have big injectors in it. So my vote is on the Scheid pump.

I think thats what i'm gonna do, thanks everyone for your help and pointers

If it ain't smokin' black.....take it back!!!!!:st: :st: :Cheer:

366ci_cummins said:
so it looks like im 6 on way and half a dozen another.

I thought about going with the schield pump for the simple fact and not a lot of people have them and i deal with them alot.

Keep the input coming guys...... i need it haha

my wife's truck has a scheid hot rod, and i have a II hot rod, both trucks have an edge comp hot, diesel dynamics stage 5 sticks, 35/40 hybrids with 14 cm housing, 60 mm 7 blade billet comp wheel off of the common rail, my wife's truck has 3.55 gears and a dodge 4 speed with 33 inch tires, it is faster than mine on top end but i kick its ass in the 1/8th, BUT my truck has 4.10's and an allison, and 35 inch tires, my truck ran a helluva lot better inmo, i got 16 to 20 mpg daily drivin, her's only get around 13 and smokes quit a bit more, i have checked ever possible thing that could cause it to smoke more, even swapped injectors, turbo, from truck to truck, still now differenence,

just p.m. me for prices, i think you would be happy with the hrvp,

Chase Fleece
Fleece Performance

currently swappin the vp motor out of the truck, now its gettin an 05 common rail!!!

I've used both I.I. and Scheid Hot Rod VP pumps. I have had better luck with Scheids. I noticed a really big difference with Scheids, but not much of one with I.I.s pump. Like the crazy idle of scheids also. I.I.s pump idled just like stock

VP'S

it's hard to go wrong with either pump, there is only a few ways to make a hrvp. so they should perform similar!

Chase Fleece
Fleece Performance

I have II hrvp and have had no problems and it has a smooth idle with ddp110's, plus II gives a year warranty if no wire tap...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

99' CTD 3500 II HRVP, DDP110'S, FASS 150, BD BOOST FOOLER, GOEREND BILLET TRANS

My II had a poor idle. It seems to be luck of the draw with it. If I were to do it over, I'd pass on the HRVP and stick with the SOVP. Thats if you want to stay with the VP. ;)

Thats the 4th VP that i have heard of that has that erratic idle,
I guess only some of them do it and (from what im told) does not effect performance

Sounds cool though:rockwoot:

Little story about it...

At a local pull by buddie (with the erratic VP) was warming up the truck and
some kid came up to him and asked..

"What class are you pulling in?" (while standing next to the weird sounding truck)

my friend replies.. There is only one diesel class.

Then the Kid says with his eyes wide open "I HAVE TO PULL AGAINST THIS TRUCK???"

Well the truck looks totally stock so id say he wasnt impressed about the appearence of it LOL

Michael

cummins 366CI is planning on going with a monster pump now he hasnt bought a pump yet but is looking hard at the monster pump