School me on TDI's......

unsure on that but he sent me videos of it all car seems to run n drive very good. all windows operate fine, just front 2 windows the motor still turns when you depress the button when the window is closed no doubt needs regulators in both doors. they were already replaced once at 84k miles according to the carfax. final price I got him down to is $4200.. I think I can live with that. will need new - windshield, regulators front doors, driver front interior handle, heater core, and drivers side mirror.. any idea what all this will cost?

Glow plug wiring harness is 60 to 80 bucks iirc.

Glass 200 not sure on regulators or heater core.

The interior handle would be at a junkyard for 10

Mirrors are 50 on eBay.

Hell man of I can find a deal like that this fall I'm all over it. The little fix it stuff is easy. After all it is a 12 year old car. As long as the major stuff is in working order and the price is right, why not?!

Ha I guess I'm just too anal about my vehicles lol.. Just waiting on the bill from repair shop to verify what all they did to it.

still waiting on the dang bill..also found several other candidates im scoping out.

Whatever you don't buy let me know. I'm busting butt to get this mk3 done so I can get another mk4 to build.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/4488893095.html

has A LOT of new stuff.. owner knows his stuff. got all the cam swap stuff and parts from boraparts.com, aside from all the new info in add, has a touch screen alpine head unit, glow plug harness, short throw shifter, and has a 1.5 & 2.0 tune with flashzilla from malone with straight pipe. said $7500 was bottom dollar? is that paying too much for a pkg 2 car with 194k miles? im very heavily considering buying this car. has a stack of maintnence receipts from PO ( original owners ) over 1/2 inch thick. excluding all the work he's done to it. opionions please and thank you!!!!!

Kind of what I thought! Couldn't ask for better circumstances other than as always a cheaper price and lower miles lol... But this one is callin me name like a like a fat kid on cake!!

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/ctd/4501807587.html

seriously this always happens... find one with all the goodies. and sure as crap find another one with 40k less miles for the same price? both PKG 2 cars, do I spend the money and get the car with more miles and have peace of mind knowing the car has been exceptionally well taken care of and have 40k more miles right off the bat? or do I get the better deal according to a banker??

I'd get the other one. Maintenance records go a long way with me

Ya that's the one I've decided on. My banker even said he felt more comfortable helping me buy that one vs the other one since it had all the new/recent work done. Cuz I bought a cheap 06 Before and ya I'll never do that again.. Found out later on why it was so cheap... Needless to say I sold it with 48 hours and lost $100 on it.. $100 was better than the $4000 worth of work it needed..

well if all goes as planned ill be wiring the money over tomorrow for the PKG 2 car in Indiana... seems like a great car that'll last me quite along time. and best of all that gets 45+ mpg..

Good deal!! On your trip back I bet you will get into the 50s. Whenever you need anything for it let me know.

scratch that....guy just decided to keep the fuc**** car....im done..i seriously cant catch a damn break.