School me on TDI's......

your not helping my urge to buy one of these :/ its just soo hard to buy one of these with 190k miles for 4500-5000 when I can generally get a gas powered car with 60k miles that's 4-6 years newer than these for only a couple grand more. can anybody tell me other than MPG and cool factor why its a good move to buy one?? I need help talking myself into it ha...that's a first..

She said I can't sell it, she likes it too much. Haha

I figured as much! ive got my eye on a local 02 with no rust, just needs plenty of PDR work and a center console, glovebox lid, and front bumper marker lights.. lots of new mechanical parts though.. we'll see. I just don't want a project is all, and that's exactly what I fear a ALH car will be despite all the hype..

Omg I want one soo bad :/ do the golfs have more room?? I'm fat and only like 5'8" haha..

Omg I want one soo bad :/ do the golfs have more room?? I'm fat and only like 5'8" haha..

I'm 6'2" and 255 lbs.
I even have a notch or two left on the seat to go back.
Up front he Gold has plenty of room!!

I've had Me, Garmon, Phil Taylor, Darren Morrison, and Mecham (sp?) in mine to go to dinner one time at an event. lol that was at Least 1000+ lbs. LOL
It still worked :)