School me on TDI's......

I want the two door!!!!! LOL

But now cause of you david I'm looking at a nice gtb1756 turbo for the ol silver car.

Scratch that.. 17 year old punk who didn't know his head from his ass and got lippy with me on the phone...

I just bought a 2006 vw jetta at the auction last week TDI with a auto and 140k miles the car is spot less silver with black interior for my wife. Just got it home and started it and it sounds a little ruff I haven't messed with one of these tTDI cars yet. I have heard a lot about cam wear is there anything else I should watch out for that could cause this? I will know more when I get it to our shop I figured I'd ask before I start digging for problem s.

And anyone know any shops in or around central Iowa that knows these cool little cars?

Thanks

Last edited:
http://www.selecteurocars.com/car.asp?CarKey=27726

What do you guys think of this?

One owner, all maintenance done at the dealer, Virginia car 6-speed, leather, sun roof, 104,000 miles. They are asking $13,000.

This is pretty much the car I want. I had planned to go to Florida to buy a TDI to buy a southern car, but this one is 15 miles from my house.

Thought?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every 99.5 heatercore will fail, other misc early MK4 stuff. If you're willing to fix some stuff, go for it.

Yes, the ECU needs to be socketed so it can take chips, once that is done you can swap chips pretty easily. I might have a spare on hand.

Update on mine...

I spent all the time and money on parts to fix the Limp Mode issue (even before the performance mods) and it did it again several times last night. Back to back to back.

Went today to AARodriguez and he now says it has the same three codes. So he checked timing while running and it shows NO timing, which he says leads him to believe it's my ECU..

I've been told and read they have had issues with cold solder joints in the ecu... I guess that's what mine is... Damn i hope so!!!! I'm just about sick of spending money and chasing this issue.

He's ordering a used ECU and waiting on Malone to get back in town. So another $85-$100 will have to be spent to hopefully fix it..

Frustrating... I love all the new power and such but I sure wished I'd known it was ecu related a long time ago.. Could'a save a ton of money and kept it stock (but love the power now though). I thought for sure all the stuff we replaced had it fixed. My luck I guess.

JFettig... Any thoughts on if will be the main problem or not??

Last edited:
Also.. Anybody know of a place to have my orig ecu repaired ??

If it turns out to be the issue. Might as well have a spare.

Might be the #3 injector wires - check the resistance on those, should be around 90 ohms if I remember correctly. I'm not sure you'll find an issue with the ECU, so far I haven't seen any. Open it up and take a look at it if you want.

What codes does it throw?

Last edited:
Might be the #3 injector wires - check the resistance on those, should be around 90 ohms if I remember correctly. I'm not sure you'll find an issue with the ECU, so far I haven't seen any. Open it up and take a look at it if you want.

What codes does it throw?

This is the response from AARodriquez on TDIClub

ECU is most likely bad, it's a cheap and easy for me to swap it out.
codes were roughly

Short to a/c intermittent
Short to n75 intermittent
Short to something else intermittent
and
Car was running fine, but had a zero timing