SDX and the local community

whats an azzhat??? i thought it was azzwhole? LOL

What dan did was good and bad at the same time, even thou he did stop the guy if that guy would of started a fight over it then you have a tottaly different situation. Which im sure everyone would want to jump in.

But yes atvs should be only allowed if you are pullin, what do the other ppl need them for? Eventually someone is going to get killed and really give us a bad name.

i wonder what going to happen with the sport/hobby in the next 5 years? this is just to comon of a thread. all the younger guys are giving us a bad name! and im 23 so it makes me look like one of them.

maybe you guys missed my pull. We didn't tear up the streets or the fairgrounds or even blow smoke. We pulled the truck there with a gasser. I'm a competitor and didn't have an atv, artic cat, etc...You know what they say..opinions are like A-holes.. So sorry for putting my 2 cents in.

YouTube - jj scheids
Then you should be as upset as the rest of us about how some people act and how its reality that we may loose these huge events that we have work so hard to get to because of a few people that cant control themselves. My patients for this stuff has run out. Here in the East Coast series we a "PROFFESSIONALS" and we act like it. Little kids come up and get our autograghs, and shirts and hats from us. Thats how all these events should be. I dont think i even saw a kid all weekend. What if a kid/adult wanted to come up and say hi and meet you because he saw you in a magazine, but all your buddies were acting like they were in the video you posted. What impression did you all just leave on that person. Its come to the point after this year and my trip to Indy in a few weeks that i wont be making anymore large events. Why? Because i have to travel atleast 12hr to get to these events and if this is going to continue and a chance of an event gettting cancelled for this behavior then i will stay home. It may not be a big deal to you if you live a couple hours from these events but people have alot invested in just getting to the event and plan on all year long.

haha he was in yur class azzhat hahaha
Ask me if i care!!
lets keep this one civil, guys

My appoligy i will stop now

Here's and example of what MIGHT help with a good deal of unsafe and "rowdy" behavior inside the gates. I wrote these in 5 minutes so don't tear them apart. :) Maybe these general rules could apply to other locations. And I'm not suggesting anybody adopt these as written. Its just an example. And I didn't attempt to cover everything. I'm all for less rules are better.

Rule #1: Alcohol and alcohol consumption is not permitted on the property/event. An individual found to be in violation of this rule may be barred from the property/event. The Sheriff’s Department or other public safety agencies will enforce State and local laws prohibiting public consumption of alcohol.

Rule #2: All-Terrain-Vehicles, golf carts and other types of personal motorized off road vehicles may be used in support of competition vehicles during pull or race events only. Such vehicles are prohibited for personal transportation in areas designated as public parking, vendor display areas or other areas intended for pedestrian traffic. Individuals who violate this rule may be barred from further use of such vehicles on the property/event.

Rule #3: Unsafe operation of any type of motorized vehicle on the event property is not permitted. Unsafe operation includes, but is not limited to, speeding, spinning of tires and speed contests. The maximum speed of all motor vehicles in approved areas shall be 10 MPH. Slower speeds may be needed, as conditions require. Pedestrians have the "right-of-way" at all times. Individuals in violation of this rule may be barred from the property/event. Areas for competition, “burn-outs”, “tug-of-war” and “displays of power” have been provided for those who wish to participate.

Rule #4: Only vehicles participating in competition events may operate such vehicles on any racing or pulling track surface or infield area. Upon completion of competition events, only official vehicles may operate in the racing or pulling track areas. Individuals in violation of this rule may be barred from the property/event.

well neil, i agree with those rules. as my screen name suggests, i race a ktm in a few different woods series. We are not permitted to motor around on quads and sidexsides or quads or little pit bikes. the only spectators allowed to ride around are handicapped ones/photogs and crew.

giving people a place to do burnouts etc is a great idea.

numidia was a perfect example of how we can act.....

I usually don't have them, but my wife was with me, so she let me have them back for a little bit.

Did you remember to put them back in her purse after you were done big shot?:hehe: Hats off to you Dan. Many conflicts start like that cause usually the guy doing the dumb stuff is hammered. The good ole talking to by the law sucks. Cause you know you can't say a damn thing cause they don't care to here it. Now Dan, if we can get you to drive around on a golf cart or something and check the hotels every hour or so. I think we can get back on track with the big events again. By the way Dan will I see you at the Jambo again this year?

Did you remember to put them back in her purse after you were done big shot?:hehe: Hats off to you Dan. Many conflicts start like that cause usually the guy doing the dumb stuff is hammered. The good ole talking to by the law sucks. Cause you know you can't say a damn thing cause they don't care to here it. Now Dan, if we can get you to drive around on a golf cart or something and check the hotels every hour or so. I think we can get back on track with the big events again. By the way Dan will I see you at the Jambo again this year?

They are on a zipcord, when I let go of them they go right back in the purse!

Like I said I wasn't mean or anything. I just drove up on a 4 wheeler and said I need your keys.

Won't make it to Indy this year, we are going to vegas for the weekend. We drove out last weekend for it and to visit some family, besides the rainout which was out of their control, they have some bugs to work out, the track was just terrible it was so lose a friend of mine thought he had another gear to shift too as his RPM's were so high, now I hear that this year it should be better.

They are on a zipcord, when I let go of them they go right back in the purse!

Like I said I wasn't mean or anything. I just drove up on a 4 wheeler and said I need your keys.

Won't make it to Indy this year, we are going to vegas for the weekend. We drove out last weekend for it and to visit some family, besides the rainout which was out of their control, they have some bugs to work out, the track was just terrible it was so lose a friend of mine thought he had another gear to shift too as his RPM's were so high, now I hear that this year it should be better.

Ya there was nothing to get ahold of at all. Like sled pulling on a beach of sand.

Here's and example of what MIGHT help with a good deal of unsafe and "rowdy" behavior inside the gates. I wrote these in 5 minutes so don't tear them apart. :) Maybe these general rules could apply to other locations. And I'm not suggesting anybody adopt these as written. Its just an example. And I didn't attempt to cover everything. I'm all for less rules are better.

Rule #1: Alcohol and alcohol consumption is not permitted on the property/event. An individual found to be in violation of this rule may be barred from the property/event. The Sheriff’s Department or other public safety agencies will enforce State and local laws prohibiting public consumption of alcohol.

Rule #2: All-Terrain-Vehicles, golf carts and other types of personal motorized off road vehicles may be used in support of competition vehicles during pull or race events only. Such vehicles are prohibited for personal transportation in areas designated as public parking, vendor display areas or other areas intended for pedestrian traffic. Individuals who violate this rule may be barred from further use of such vehicles on the property/event.

Rule #3: Unsafe operation of any type of motorized vehicle on the event property is not permitted. Unsafe operation includes, but is not limited to, speeding, spinning of tires and speed contests. The maximum speed of all motor vehicles in approved areas shall be 10 MPH. Slower speeds may be needed, as conditions require. Pedestrians have the "right-of-way" at all times. Individuals in violation of this rule may be barred from the property/event. Areas for competition, “burn-outs”, “tug-of-war” and “displays of power” have been provided for those who wish to participate.

Rule #4: Only vehicles participating in competition events may operate such vehicles on any racing or pulling track surface or infield area. Upon completion of competition events, only official vehicles may operate in the racing or pulling track areas. Individuals in violation of this rule may be barred from the property/event.

very well said...:rockwoot::clap:

Banning alcohol from the events is not the answer, nor is it the root of the problem. There were/are plenty of sober people acting like total idiots as well. There is alcohol served at NHRA events, hell they seel it in the stands, and there are not these problems. The difference is that people know if they mess around and act afool at an NHRA event, there going to be arrested. Why should we modify the laws at a diesel event from what is acceptable in normal every day America to fit a specific event. Instead we should enforce the same rules at the diesel events. Alcohol is not the root of all evil here guys. There were far more folks drinking and being responsible than were being irresponsible, and for that matter far more that were not drinking and being irresponsible. IMHO enforcement of the laws are what will calm the foolishness down at events, not banning alcohol.

If you dont pull, then you dont need a utility vehicle period. Plus even pullers should not be allowed to drive them up where people sit by the infeild concession stands. My cousin and her man were there to watch me pull and were sitting in the top row when a kubota with about 12 people slammed in to the bleachers and stuck the brush gaurd under the rail. I was about this close to whoopin some ass but there was 12 drunks so i let them slide that time. LOL I though the event was great overall but they deff. need to regulate the utvs.

Tim

If you dont pull, then you dont need a utility vehicle period. Plus even pullers should not be allowed to drive them up where people sit by the infeild concession stands. My cousin and her man were there to watch me pull and were sitting in the top row when a kubota with about 12 people slammed in to the bleachers and stuck the brush gaurd under the rail. I was about this close to whoopin some ass but there was 12 drunks so i let them slide that time. LOL I though the event was great overall but they deff. need to regulate the utvs.

Tim

I had mine for the drag race since we had 3 trucks there in different classes...but since I can read, and saw where they were not allowed at the fairgrounds I left it at the campgrounds with the tents...boy was I wrong thinking people could read:D

Chris

I guess i should have said competitor not just puller. Even if people wanted to bring them up from the camps, park them outside the fence in the infeild where there was plenty of room. Did everything gp gppd fpr you?

I guess i should have said competitor not just puller. Even if people wanted to bring them up from the camps, park them outside the fence in the infeild where there was plenty of room. Did everything gp gppd fpr you?

Good for me?? About what?

Chris

I agree these shows get out of hand due to lack of enforcement. But this is nothing compared to sturgis or daytona bike week, which goes on for at least two weeks with ten times the amount of drinking, partying and people.

I will admit a few of my friends and I were drinking in the parking lot. We also had a driver who wasnt and cleaned up or mess with trash bags. We seen a dodge do a massive drifting burnout in front of the liquorstore around a black explore and I told my friend that the people in the explore are cops you just watch. After three laps the blue lights came on. I started clapping for the enforcement, the guy was sent to jail. The next day we seen that someone had stripped the tailgate off the dodge. Again lack of enforcement to prevent this stuff from happening. These shows just need more police to cover the amount of people.

This is a Great post and hope to see these events last, bc they are something I enjoy and so do my wife and friends

I know I havent posted on here much but I am not new to the Diesel community. I believe most of these people who ar acting like idiots at these shows are not intouch with the diesel community as a whole. AKA through Forums/sanctioning bodies ect... my truck is not built enough yet to compete so I come to these events to have a beer and hang with my diesel buddies. Its unfortunate that guys/gals can not come to these events, and not act with respect/gratitude for the promoters/sponsors or the diesel community. i would hate to see a alcohol ban on these events but If that is what's needed to get everything back under control then so be it. I have met alot of great friends through this sport and it would be ashame to see it end. sorry for Ramblings in the post had to write it fast.

OK, we never have this kind of crap at local fairs, even big ones.

Like for example, this weekend we're going to the fair in Canfield, OH (near Youngstown). Stand capacity is ~10k and if the weather stays as predicted, I say it will be packed to the hilt. It is a GREAT place.

And again you will see zero of this bullshyt.

Why?

No "party" mentality and no alcohol. It's that simple.

You get what you promote and tolerate. You promote party mentality and you promote alcohol, and the azzholes will come out in droves.

This is why I'm plenty happy sticking to the fairs, and I have almost no inclination to go to the "big" events (whatever that means) because the "big" events are idiot magnets, pure and simple.

Just because big numbers of trucks show up does not necessarily make it a quality event.

im bringin up an old subject...but thats right on point with the canfield fair like hes saying...its a mainly local event but its still big...stands sell out to 10,000 people before the event starts most of the time...no alcohol just people there wanting to watch a good pull...and it happens on one of the fair nights...its nothing like TS when i went down last year...i mean im 20 and like to drink too..but theres a time to drink and theres a time u can have fun without alcohol...

the beer needs to be limited/eliminated from these events and then maybe slowly introduce it back it with tighter regulations into everything