Shallow cummins oil pan for Cuda transplant

Antother 12valve swap yes, but he is using a common rail...not so boring yet

I was going to do the cummins swap since i havent seen one in a muscle car, most that I have seen use duramax motors. My origional plans had a duramax in it.

I was going to do the cummins swap since i havent seen one in a muscle car, most that I have seen use duramax motors. My origional plans had a duramax in it.

That would honeslty be a better option. It's to bad that the 4.5L duramax never really came to be, that would have been sweet!

No Taylor you aren't alone. I'm tired of seeing people ruin classic cars with diesel engines.

How many cudas do you see on the road compared to the other muscle cars of that era?

I agree there more rare than most other muscle cars, but the one i have is one of the lesser desirable cudas. This wont be a half a$$ project, everything will be top notch, and will likely take years to finish. Something similar to the camaro that moris started

No Taylor you aren't alone. I'm tired of seeing people ruin classic cars with diesel engines.

If any classic car around here needs a diesel its mine, all 6900lbs of it. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'll stick with my big block.

But why put a diesel in at all? They are heavy, you gotta spend a ton of $$$ to get it fast- if that is what you want to do, parts are much more expensive compared to gassers, and the fuel is .30 cents more per gallon.

But why put a diesel in at all? They are heavy, you gotta spend a ton of $$$ to get it fast- if that is what you want to do, parts are much more expensive compared to gassers, and the fuel is .30 cents more per gallon.

Are you retarded?

There's already been a few cummins swaps into muscle cars, but it's your car so do as u feel fit.

Can't really say I agree with this statement at all except for the fuel price comment.

He must be. I like idea of a diesel in a muscle car. I don't care about cutting up a rare one either, it makes the rest of them that mucch more valuable. LOL

I'd love a D-Max in my Chevelle, if I could also get a manual to work...not one from a truck.

As others have stated, it would be a shame to do this to any Cuda. I'm all about being different, but I would like to change your mind if possible. ALL CUDAS ARE VERY DESIREABLE, even the 340's, unless it's some clapped out crap. Some of the 340 Cuda's are just as desireable, if not more-so, than some of the Hemi cars. Of course, this is coming from someone who has a couple of AAR Cuda's in the family. Sell it to someone who appreciates it for what it is or restore it yourself and you'll be ahead of the curve. Find a Chevelle or Nova or late Charger to hack into for a diesel swap. Don't come down on me too hard, I just know what these Cuda's are worth. Steven.

There's already been a few cummins swaps into muscle cars, but it's your car so do as u feel fit.

Can't really say I agree with this statement at all except for the fuel price comment.

The fuel price comment is the worst one. .30 cents more per gallon yes, but how many more mpg?

We have a 67 Chrysler Newport at the shop with a 12V, they cut the sump and pickup a few inches for ground clearance, then welded 3/16"plate to the pan.

Have you figured anything out for front suspension yet? Is there a Cuda torsion bar available that will support the weight of a Cummins, or are there aftermarket K-member's that get rid of the torsion bar setup?

Oldsmokey
I know where a complete 6.1 hemi with transmission ecu and harness is for 3,500. I like the idea but at the same time I don't. I'm sure you can sell the cr motor and get the 6.1 and still have some money for other parts.

I have the car but not here to get measurements, and its nothing special, if it was a 440 hemi car that would be a different store.

It's a 426 Hemi. The 440 is a 440, 440 Magnum, or 440 6-pack...LOL I would put in one of the new crate Hemi engines.

Its just different, I have a complete cr motor, and I like going against the norm.

DO IT!!!!!

Many great vehicles have been made this very same way. Does the name GTO ring a bell to anyone? What do you think Pontiac did? "Hmm...we have a small body, and a huge friggin engine. Lets combine them!"

DO IT!!!!!

Many great vehicles have been made this very same way. Does the name GTO ring a bell to anyone? What do you think Pontiac did? "Hmm...we have a small body, and a huge friggin engine. Lets combine them!"

:hehe: No dude, no. When did the GTO become a small car? Huge engine small body? That's what Shelbly did with the AC.

Thanks for all the comments guys they're appriciated. Everything is still in the what if stage. The car is going to be for my future wife and she just wants to go fast. So we have thrown around the idea of a diesel cuda. We feel the same about changing up a classic, but on the other side we want something that no one has seen before thats easy and fun to drive, and it would be a nice project we could do together.